Corsairs of the Sea: Remember Me

The Black pearl was picking up speed with full sail. It was windy today and in no time Port
Royal was a bumpy line on the horizon. Alex was on the deck, walking around when Basil came up From below deck.

"Hades!" Basil Called out

"Aye?" Alex replied.

"Did Jack say anything about the sword?"

"Nay, he thanked me though."

"Hmm. That's just like Jack, always putting his mates in danger.... such a good man."

They both walked to the ship's railing. The ocean was calm and the wind smelled of sea salt.
The Sun disappeared behind a cloud and for a short time, there was coolness.

"Keep that rope taut! Yelled an order to the others.

"Aye, Sir!" another shipmate replied.

Basil and Alex turn to watch them; both now leaning against the railing.
"Did Jack ever mention why he wanted the sword?" Asked Alex

"Nay," Basil Replied, “But if I know jack and unfortunately I do, he probably up to something…
Hmm, treasure related."

"Aye. That must be it. Maybe the sword has magical powers" Alex said in a spooky voice.
They both laugh at that.

Just then, appeared from his quarters. With his drunken swagger, he advance toward the stairs
That led up to the ship's wheel.

"Err, Master Gibbs." He said

"Aye, sir." Gibbs replied

"Set a course to Tortuga."

"Aye, sir. Have what we came for?"

"We did.” Jack lowers his voice making sure no one else hears. "It’s in my quarters now."

"And the reason we be sailing to a wild port such as Tortuga?"

"I have an old acquaintance to see, as it were."

"And does this 'old acquaintance' have anything to do with that trinket?"

"A trinket?" Jack takes a step back, "Is that what you call it? Let me remind you, I did not
go through all this trouble-"

"‘I’ meaning that Hades boy?" Said Gibbs.

"I’m the one who has the compass, mate! So, technically, it was my burden, savvy?"

"Aye Cap'n" Gibbs adjusts the ship's wheel, He looks forward.

"As I was saying, I did not go through all that trouble for some trinket."

" Ah, and since you went through all that trouble, I'm guessin’' it be something' valuable."

"More than you will ever know mate; it’s a sword!"
In the background, a pirate yells orders to the others.

"A sword?" Said Gibbs

"I believe that's what I said, mate, The Governor's Sword."

"Are you meanin' to tell me, we risked a pirates life just for a bloody sword?"

"Firstly!" Jack holds up one finger, "Hades chose it; he knows the risk, Secondly!" He holds
up another finger, "He's a Pirate! And thirdly," Jack holds up two more fingers- a grand total
of four fingers," It's more than a sword savvy?"

"If it's more than a sword, then what is it?" Asked Gibbs.

"I haven't the foggiest. That's where my acquaintance comes in. Once he gives me what I need,
We’ll be on our way."

"And he is going to give it to you just like that?"

" If only things were that simple." Jack taps on the railing in front of the wheel," Nay, mate.
The only way I'll get it from him is in a Poker game."

"Now, Jack. You know your luck with Poker." Gibbs turns to face him. "What if something
should go wrong?"

"Son, what could possibly go wrong? I'm Captain Jack Sparrow."

"Aye, that's exactly what I mean. The last time you said that, we were being chased by pirates
You owned money to."

"You’re right Gibbs." Jack looks at his compass, "If I hadn't said anything, I wouldn't have
to pay the lot of them." He pauses and closes the compass. "I think I still owe some of them
Money. But that was in France! No chance they'll come after us here! Best not to think about
It, eh?"

He looks at a certain point in the sky. "As you were." Jack walks away with his drunken
swagger, still looking upward. Gibbs looks at the sane spot in the sky, but could see nothing.

"How long 'till we make port?" asked Alex

" Couple Hours," He looks at the sails." But we could get there faster if the winds stay the same.
But what does it matter?" He yawns. "The point is, where far away from Port Royal, and from
The Navy Swine."

. . .

The HMS Interceptor II was unfurling its sails. It had three 90-foot tall masts and 18 main
Cannons and it was just as fast as the first Interceptor that was blown up a few years back.
On the deck, sailors were moving back and forth, making the ship ready to move out of the port.

" Bosun!" Said a voice on the ship, "Head the wind, hoist the sail!"

"Aye-aye! Sir!" replied another voice.

The Ship's captain who was on the Deck, looked through a telescope hoping to find the Pearl on
the horizon to no avail.

"Captain, they're out of sight." said the First Mate who came along side him.

" Then we shall find them!" He closes the telescope forcefully. "I’ll have you know, first
Officer Benjamin Scott, that I was waiting for this day to come for a long time. I don't care
How bloody long it takes! Understand?"
Benjamin nods.

"I want Jack Sparrow!" the Captain continued," He has to pay for what he's done."

"And what did he do?" Asked Benjamin, "Is it that sword?"

The captain turns to look at him. "To heck with that sword! He killed my brother! When I find
Him, he's going to regret that he ever know the name Terrence Beckett!"

Because of the wind, the waves were getting rough, which wasn't going well on Alex's Stomach.
His face seemed pale as he leaned on the railing, ready to spew.
Basil walks to him, "Feeling a bit under the weather, eh Hades?"

"Not bloody funny, Darkratte."

"Last names us on now, Hades?" Basil chuckles.

"Leave me alone mate." Alex grips the railing to steady himself.

"Ah, don't worry about it mate!" Basil leans with his back on the railing." You'll get used to
It - with the back and the forth, and the up and the down, side to side-"

Alex groans and turns green

Basil laughs, "A pirate with sea sickness never heard of that before..." He leaves Alex, still
Chuckling, to his own troubles.

. . .

Capt. Terrence Beckett was in his quarters, using a small knife to stab a certain places on a
Map in front of him. He then look at a wanted poster of jack, he stabs the poster through the
head out of pure anger.

There was a knock on his door, but he didn't hear it. The person knocks a second time, this
time louder, followed by a voice.

" Cap'n? It's Benjamin."

"Come in..." he said, still staring at Jack's wanted poster. Ben stands in front of the
Captain’s desk. " What is it, Benjamin?"

"I’m happy to report that we are steady gaining speed with full sail."

"You don't need to tell me, I can feel it in the waves. Just tell me when you have the pearl
In sight; I would like to be left alone for now, Mister Scott."

"Aye, Sir." Ben turns and leaves.
Terrence takes another look at Jack's wanted poster.

"I’ll have your head, Jack Sparrow. You can count on it..."

. . .

Time passed; it was in the afternoon now. It was cooler, but the wind was still going strong.
Jack was walking around the ship, looking at the sails.

"Err, Mr. Gibbs?"

"Cap’n?" Gibbs replied, he was checking the ropes with another pirate, but came when summoned.

"I don't like how the wind is playing with the sails…”

"Bring 'em to half sail?"

"Aye. We’re far enough anyway."

"Aye, Sir! We're sailing at half Canvas, boys! Bring 'em down and secure them!"

"Half masts!" Squawked cotton's Parrot, Who was at the wheel with cotton. "Steady as she
Goes!" The parrot flaps its wings.

"Make quick with the sails, mates!" Yelled Gibbs

The crew were already bringing some of the sails down, (or 'up' in a way of speaking) some
with ropes, and others actually climbed on the masts.

"It doesn't look like the Navy is going to come after us." Gibbs said to Jack, "It looks like
we all made it off free and clear!"

There was a shout from above- somewhere in the crow's nest.

" Cap'n!" said Ragetti, "There's a ship on the horizon!"

Ragetti was still skinny with the same stringy hair, the only thing that was new on him was a new eye patch, which he got a few days ago.

Jack Glances at Gibbs, who looks elsewhere. "You know mate, it would be better if you just
Stow it." He turns his attention back to Ragetti. "What is it?"

Ragetti, who was using a telescope to get a better look, hesitated. "It-It's the Navy!"

Jack spins to face Gibbs again. "Are you happy?! You have more bad luck then bringing a woman on broad!"

Jack faces the crew "Mates, it appears we have company. To Arms! Run out the broadsides!"
As Ragetti climbs down from the crows nest his friend pintel who was at the front of the ship
runs to jack.

"Are we to fight to our deaths, jack?" He asked him.

"Nay, we'll do what pirates do best: Fight to run away!"

Below deck, Basil, and Alex, heard the shouts and the sounds of running feet from above.

"That can't be good." said Alex

"With Jack around, when is it ever?"

They both made their way to the stairs that went up to the deck, while a few pirates went down,
to ready the cannons.

"Make ready with the cannons men! The pearl is in sight!"

Terrence watches the Pearl through his telescope. "Jack Sparrow, your time is up!" Terrence
Closes the telescope and smiles.

The Interceptor II was known for its speed and was now catching up with the Pearl at a rapid
pace.

Omg! So COOL! I'm an addict now ... I can see that something very loud and full of action is coming!
excited.gif
Excellent job, Basil, as usual!

Btw, it turned out that you were good at both styles. This first part of this charter there were not a lot of conversations, so you describe the setting meticulously, and including your own commments too sometimes, which were funny ... (even though that was his only one), (What else was there?) ... like you have anticipated that readers would critically ask or make those questions/remarks. It's 'different', but I like it, it must be your critical mind, trying to defend before ppl even ask ...
biggrin.gif
(Don't worry, I'm like that too a lot of times, being a "fortune teller"
pirate.tongue.gif
).

Waiting on the second part ...
popcorn.gif

Omg! So COOL! I'm an addict now ... I can see that something very loud and full of action is coming! :excited: Excellent job, Basil, as usual!

Btw, it turned out that you were good at both styles. This first part of this charter there were not a lot of conversations, so you describe the setting meticulously, and including your own commments too sometimes, which were funny ... (even though that was his only one), (What else was there?) ... like you have anticipated that readers would critically ask or make those questions/remarks. It's 'different', but I like it, it must be your critical mind, trying to defend before ppl even ask ... :D (Don't worry, I'm like that too a lot of times, being a "fortune teller" :p).

Waiting on the second part ... :popcorn:

thanks the four parts are up. Still, more parts need to be posted

"Jack!" said Basil, with Alex following him in his wake, "We are in trouble?"

"Aye lad,” Replied jack, now looking at the Naval ship coming towards them," And I want you to
Give the orders this time." Basil was speechless.

"But Jack-" Began Gibbs

"Sit this one out mate. With your luck, we all might die!" He turns to Alex. "Congrats Hayes!
Your about to experience your first sea battle! Here’s hoping you don't die! Basil, if you can be
So kind..."
Basil caught on

"Make cannons ready mates! Aim for the Masts when ordered! Gibbs! Stay by the stairs and
Shout my orders to the crew who are using broadsides!"

"Aye sir." muttered Gibbs but he didn't seemed to like it

"Ragetti! Pintel!" Basil continued, "Man those cannons and fill 'em with chain shot! Bring
Down those masts!"

"Jack," Said Alex, "That sword must be very important if they're sending a ship to get it."

"Aye it is mate. The maker of this sword is legendary! But no time to think about that now."
Jack takes a step closer to Alex. "I need you to go into my quarters and protect the sword at
All costs. You can use it if needed"

"Cap'n!" Said Ragetti, "They are in range! “

"Go inside now mate," said Jack "Don’t let that sword out of your sight!"
Alex wasn't sure how the sword could be in danger. Be he did what Jack asked.
Jack looks over the railing and sees the Interceptor coming on starboard.

"Starboard side cannons & broadsides at the ready!" Shouted Basil. "Broadsides! Aim for the
Hull when told!"

"Ye heard Basil!" Said Gibbs at the foot of the stairs, "Ready the broadsides! Load them
Cannons before I stuff ye in there me self!"

"I don't like the looks of this…” Said Basil joining Jack at the railing. "We have to catch
Them off guard somehow…”
Then at the same moment, Jack and Basil thought of the same thing.

"Clubhaul!"
"Now your thinking likes me mate!" said Jack, "Ready the Starboard Anchor men!"

Clubhauling is a nautical term when the ship drops one of its anchors to turn abruptly to have
A good firing angle on a following ship. Sometimes a ship's anchor was lost when doing this.
And there was slight damage to the ship's side when the rope pulled tight. When a ship
clubhauls, you better hold on tight.

"Get ready to open fire men!" Said Terrence " Destroy the sails, and get on broad, I don't
Care what you do to the crew, but bring me back Jack Sparrow -Alive!"

The Interceptor was now well in range.... it was time.

"Drop the Anchor Now!" Basil Ordered "Make it quick!"
The crew did what was asked the anchor was dropped freely with rope following it. If anyone
Tried to stop it now they would get rope burn. Lucky for them the area that they were in wasn't
that deep, and soon the Anchor was dragging along the seabed.
"Gunners!" said Basil, "Prepare to fire! Aim for the sails!"

"They’ve dropped her anchor, Sir!" said Ben

"Hmm, what are they up too?" said Terrence

Suddenly, the anchor catches on a rigged rock. The Rope pulls taut, making a loud snapping
Noise. It is pulled so fast, that the ship is immediately pulled to starboard.
"Let go of the wheel, Cotton!" Said Jack. Cotton lets go of the wheel. It spins to the right
Quickly

Terrence swore "They’re Clubhauling! Hard to Port! Starboard cannons prepare to fire!!"

It was time. As soon as the pearl turned broadside to the Interceptor, Basil yelled to the
Gunners, "Open Fire!! Aim for the masts!!"

The Gunners did what they were ordered to do using chain shot. The sails were now being ripped
apart.

"Broadsides! Fire Aim for theirs!!

"Fire!!" Said jack

"Fire! Fire All!! Aim for the Cannons!!" Yelled Gibbs.

The blasts were defeating some of the cannon balls hit their mark; others hit the deck of the
Interceptor. Sailors were being thrown overboard from the Navy ship, wood and gunpowder went
Everywhere.

Meanwhile on the Interceptor, the ship was getting hit badly

"Take Cover!" Yelled Terrence, as pieces of wood rained down on them. He had enough, "Open
Fire!"

The Pearl was hit by the Interceptor's Broadside. An unlucky pirate who was standing near the
Railing, got hit when the cannon ball hit the Ships' side right below him. It exploded, and he
Was thrown in the sea.

The Pearl Broadside was effective. One, by one, they started to take out the Interceptor
Broadsides
On the Interceptor, a young lieutenant runs towards Terrence, dodging running sailors and pieces
Of wood.

"They’re taking out our cannons! Orders, Sir!"
Terrence was quickly running out of options. Maybe he had bitten off more than he could chew.

"Men!" He said, "Belay my first order!" A cannon ball explodes high above his head. He hardly
Notices it. "I want you to sink her! No survivors! Aim for the Powder Magazine!"
The Lieutenant speaks up.

"Sir! If we fire at the Magazine, the Blast will-"
Terrence patience ran out

"I Want Jack dead now!!"

The Interceptor Fires its remaining star board cannons at the pearl. One of the cannon balls
Hits one of the Pearls broadside cannons. On impact the Cannons explodes in a could of derbies.

"Steady men!" Said Gibbs.

At the same time all of this was going on, Alex was in Jacks Quarters. He was looking at a map
When a cannon ball ripped through the wall. Alex ducks as the cannon ball crashes into a
Cabinet, spilling whatever was inside. With the sword by his side Alex gets up and looks
Through the hole left by the Cannon ball. Another blast, Alex takes cover under Jack's desk.

"When will this be over?" He said to himself. He looks where the cannon ball rested. He could
See liquid coming from the cabinet. He sighs "There goes Jack's Rum..."

Back outside, the pearl was winning. Before Terrence could give another order, there was a
Cracking sound from above...

"She’s coming down..!"

"Take cover men!"

The Foremast twisted from the damage. It falls backwards on the Mainmast, where the weight of
It rips the sails and breaks the yards - wooden braces that hold the sails. In turn, the
Mainmast falls at an angle outward in to the sea. Ripping the floor boards up as it went.

"Sir!" Said Ben, "We have no other choice! We must abandon ship!"

Terrence was lost for words. His ship was being destroyed before his very eyes... by Pirates.

"SIR! We must abandon ship!" Yelled the Young Lieutenant. Ben Agrees.
Terrence seems to stutter.

"She’s gaining water!" Said a voice. Then it was a scream in pain. The man who just spoke was
Caught in a blast from a cannon ball. His body was thrown overboard.

"Sparrow..." Terrence said in a whisper. "Fine... abandon ship....."

"Abandon ship men!" Yelled Ben, " In to the boats, quickly!"

"They’re abandoning ship!" Pintel said
The crew cheers! Down below Gibbs gave the order to still the guns.

"Get the anchor up and drop canvas!" Said Jack. "Let’s get as much space as we can from them."

"Aye sir!"

On the Interceptor, the remains of the crew left the ship on the port side. Away from the pirate
Ship. As Terrence and his first officer quickly climb aboard, the Pearl started to move away.

"There’ll be other days, Terrence..." Ben Said softly
Terrence, who had his eyes closed, opened them as the boat was slowly place on the water; along
With the others. "I just hope that day would come sooner…”
The Black Pearl was now pulling away from the now smoking Interceptor. The Pirates Onboard
Cheered as the Interceptor slowly started to sink.

Jack pats Basil on the back. "You did a fine Job mate. You can even become captain someday,
Maybe captain of the Pearl."

"Really, Jack?"

Jack smiles " No, not the black pearl... never."
Basil frowns

"Gibbs!" Continued jack, leaving Basil to himself, "How’s she doing?"

Gibbs who was coming on deck answers him "We lost a few cannons, and have hull damage. Nothing bad that can't be fixed though."

"Good to hear. Cotton! Back on the wheel! Continue course to Tortuga!" Cotton nods as his
Parrot squawks.
Alex comes out of Jack's Quarters, looking around. He seemed dusty from the Blasts, but other
Than that he seems okay.

"Ah! There’s the Lad now…” Jack walks to Alex. "You look beat up, mate. Are you alright?"

"Aye, Jack." Alex runs his hand through his hair, "I’m alright."

"And the sword?"

"Aye that's fine too."

"Right then!" said Jack clapping his hands together he makes his way to his quarters, "I think
this calls for some rum!"
Alex groans as Jack makes his way inside.

"What does be the trouble, Lad?" Asked Gibbs. Before Alex could say anything. Jack Screams.
He comes out with broken bottles in his hand.

"The Rum's Gone! All of it bloody gone!"

"That’s the trouble." said Alex quietly "A cannon hit cabinet."

"Ah poor Jack…” said Basil

"Jack!" Said Gibbs walking to him, "We have more down below…”

"That Grog?! Bah!" He hands the broken bottles to Gibbs, who fumbles with them.

"At least we're going to Tortuga," Jack said” there's always good rum there…”
Basil & Alex both agree.

"And I have an old friend there that will give me a map."

"A map to where? Asked Alex
"Trust me, when you find out, you'll be happy to be a pirate..."

The Pearl sails to Tortuga, Leaving the Interceptor and her crew far behind.

Are you going to tell the readers somewhere along the way how Alex and Basil knew each other? It could be incorporated into the story ...

Oh, ya ... the character building, like who was Alex, was he new to the pirate world? Apparently so, cause he still got sea sick ...

So feeling like watching a movie ... You think like a director, Basil. Just a little background about the main characters - and in written story, I think it is important - and you're complete. Ya know what, sometimes in a big screen the character building is narrated, just like the movie that I just watched ("I am Number Four"). It's interesting, because we switch from a third-person view (while the picture is reeling) to a first-person view (the speech of the narrator on the front).

Great job! And so sorry for talking too much ...
lol1.gif
, you can take turn and bombard me with feed back too!
Well, not really sorry
pirate.tongue.gif
, my mind is such a talker!

You could also let us know why Beckett hated Jack so much ... I mean, you did tell us that Jack killed his brother but something incorporated to the story like "He remember only too well about the day that changed his life forever. Jack played a crucial role; he took someone he held dearly to his heart ... " or something along that line. And tell us how his brother died, maybe? Readers don't know who each character was and how they related to each other, and I think it's very enriching to know the background of each main character.

Just something to think about ...

You could also let us know why Beckett hated Jack so much ... I mean, you did tell us that Jack killed his brother but something incorporated to the story like "He remember only too well about the day that changed his life forever. Jack played a crucial role; he took someone he held dearly to his heart ... " or something along that line. And tell us how his brother died, maybe? Readers don't know who each character was and how they related to each other, and I think it's very enriching to know the background of each main character.

Just something to think about ...

I'm Planning on explaining these parts in later chapters. Two main characters would talk about their background, where they came from, in the 3rd Chapter. That's where the girl also comes in!
pirate.wink.gif

I don't mind you talking at all lol. It gives me great feedback. Feedback on the Chapters gives me the Inspiration I need to continue on with the story. Without it, It just feels like I'm writing for no one.

Wow a lot of chapters you shud try to make this into a book

another good chapter as excepted

Nice story is this the ending of it I cant tell or is there more to come

You have more bad luck then bringing a woman
On broad!"

lol thats funny great story keep the chapters coming

Cant wait to read the rest of the story:popcorn:

Chapter 3 Alexander’s Tale​

It was dark out, the Pearl docked into port and, as usual, it was alive with action- music, pistol fired into the air, people fighting with each other, and drunk people everywhere. Just another night in …Tortuga.

“Well, this is Tortuga mate!” said Gibbs to Alex; they walked off the dock with Basil and Jack.

“Aye, it’s sure a lively place isn’t it?” said Basil to Alex, who was looking at all the chaos around them.

Ah Tortuga, a pirates place to be,” Continued Basil, “Full of drunken happy pirates and wenches at night, and full of hangovers and regrets in the morning… If you catch my drift. “

“Yes I can certainly see that…” said Alex, “What are we doing here anyway?”

Jack comes up behind them.

“On strictly business related business, as it were, and nothing else! Well, maybe a drink or two, but after that, it’s business! To the Kings Arm!”

Jack leads the way as Gibbs and the others follow behind him.

The wind that blew was warm and full of different smells- mostly rum, but also, from the salty sea air, and the roasting of meat. There was laughing and people singing drunkenly.

“Why do they call this place kings Arm?” asked Alex, “A king lost his arm here?”

“ Actually, you couldn’t be any more right,” said Gibbs, “ You see, long ago before Tortuga was founded, there was a battle- Pirates Vs Pirates it was.”

“A battle? What for?”

“You know, for a pirate, you certainly have a lot of questions…” Gibbs smiles

“I only turned Pirate a few hours ago, give it a chance, mate.” Alex replied.

Basil Chuckles, Gibbs looks at him disapprovingly, Basil Smile fades.

“Aye, well, anyway, they were battling for treasure you see.”

“Naturally,” said Jack, “Pity it was before my time- would’ve have won the battle with nothing but a corset and a wig, but alas-“

“Anyway,” Gibbs interrupted, “There was a pirate king there, William Gaston. Long story short, the poor bugger got his arm cut off, landed right were the Traven is today”

Is he still Alive?” Asked Basil, who was now interested in the story.

I reckon he is,” said Gibbs, “somewhere in the Caribbean. All I know is that the Traven was named after him. ”

“And it’s a good thing we’re here,” said Jack turning around, “I was getting bored of that story. I wasn’t in it!”

Alex looked at the Traven from the ground floor to the first. On the balcony two women leaned against the railing. One of them winked at Alex; He smiles nervously.

“So this is kings Arm, Huh?” said Alex. He hears the music and the laughter coming from within, “Looks wild.”

A scream- a man who was on the balcony was thrown off by two other men. He lands in a cart full of mud- well, hopefully it’s mud…

“Aye,” said jack, “that’s why it’s so famous. In we go.”

When they got inside, the scene was even more chaotic than outside. Apart from the jig music in the background, there were a few fights, the sound of glass being broken, or smashed against a wall, laughter, and very loud talking.

At the corner of the Traven, there was a table that was vacant; Jack and the others decided to take the table - before anyone else did.

Before taking a seat, jack whispered to Gibbs, “Keep an eye out. He should be here somewhere…”
Gibbs nods and stands close by.

So,” said Basil, “What are we doing here?”

“I’m here to meet an acquaintance of mine,” said Jack, “You’re here because I wanted you to be here and not there on the ship, with the others. So here you are!”

“So we’re here because of your acquaintance?” Asked Alex

Aye! What, am I talking to my self here?”
Alex stretches and makes a small hole in the table with his knife. Alex is the youngest of the group- around the age of 22. (Basil being 27, Jack 34, and Gibbs in his late 40’s.) He had fair short hair, and blue eyes, which seemed to have a glassy look.

Basil watches him. “You look nervous, mate. Something the matter?”

Alex looks up; a strain of hair dangles in front of his face.

“ ‘Something the matter?’ ” Echoed Alex, “I’ve just realized, that a few hours ago -a few mere hours- that I was chased, shot at, and nearly into bloody dust by a cannon ball. And on top of that, I’m now branded as a Pirate!”

“And this is just your first day…” chimed in Gibbs.

“Aye,” said Jack, “you’ll get used to it. Have some rum it’ll make you feel better.” Jack leans back into his chair. “Bar keep! Four Mugs of rum!” The barkeeper nods in understanding.

“Gibbs” said Jack, “If you be so kind…”

Gibbs nods and heads over to the counter.

Jack takes out his compass and watches it spin. Suddenly, it stops and point’s right behind him, but there is nothing but a wall there.

“Interesting…” Jack said to himself. He taps the wall and listens for any sound. “Ye can’t be in there….” With a puzzled look, he taps the compass, it doesn’t change.

“Very interesting…”

“What?”asked Basil, while Alex stares at the candle in front of him.

“Me acquaintance,” Said Jack, “We go way back… hmm, he must be in the faithful bride… he’s certainly not in this wall…”

Gibbs returns with four mugs.

Here you go lads.” He said putting the mugs down.

“To Alex!” said Jack, raising his mug, “For the first day of being a pirate and not getting killed!”
“To Alex!” the others said.

Alex smiles and takes a sip from his mug.

While Gibbs drinks, he sees something from the corner from his eye- a woman. He chokes on his drink.

Basil laughs, “That Grog to strong for you, eh?”

Gibbs lips quivers, “Basil…”

The woman catches Gibbs eye and begins to walk towards him.

Basil, still not listening, laughs again, “ I thought you were a man known to handle a few of these drinks,”
Basil Chuckles, “ I guess I took your place..” He takes another gulp.

“It’s Anna…”

Basil eyes widened, he chokes on his grog as he quickly stands up. “Annabelle?”
Alex looks confused, “Who is…?”

“Well, Basil,” said Annabelle Rainsford, “what brings you to Tortuga?” Her voice even though it seemed calm, something sounded deadly about her. Her piercing brown eyes stare at Basils. She has a light skin complexion with long brown hair in a pony tail. She was quite beautiful,

Basil smiles, “Well, Love –”

Slap!!

Alex was surprised, apparently, jack knew about it.

“Don’t be.” He said to Alex.

Basil turns his face back to Anna, now fuming, her eyes looking at his. So much so that her pupils became tiny.

All around them the music continues to play. Costumers there still going about their happy lives; oblivious to what is happening in the corner.

“Don’t you ‘love’ me, Darkratte!” she said, “When I woke up the next day, you weren’t laying next to me! You weren’t there! Why?”

Basil, with a smile on his face says, “Well, I am a Pirate-”

Slap!!

Basil pretends that that slap didn’t happen.

“What else would you expect of me?” He rubs his now red cheek

“I shouldn’t worry much lass!” said Jack, “He had to leave with me…”

Annabelle turns to him. “So you're behind this Sparrow? I should have known”

“Well,” Continued Jack, “There was a good reason-”

Slap!!

“ … Why! I took him into my crew.”

“Oh? And what was the reason?” she asked.

In the Background, the music changes.

Gibbs, who hadn’t said anything, spoke up.
“Err, He Rescued the Pearl from the navy”

“He did?” Alex and Anna said in unison. Annabelle looks at him.

“And who are you, another poor soul in jack’s crew?”

“I won’t go so far into saying he’s a poor soul,” said Jack, “Maybe helpless land blubber…”

“Alex Hades,” said Gibbs, “Just became a pirate a few hours ago.”

“Annabelle Rainsford,” She said, “Be carful Alex, Jack has been known to double cross his crew."

“Ah,” said Jack, “But only for personal gain that’s what matters.”
Basil takes a seat.
“Anyway," said Gibbs, beginning to grab a seat, but before he could, Anna sits in his place. He sighs then straightens out. “Anyway, after Jack took the pearl back-”

“After Basil took the pearl back.” Basil said

“ … After Basil took the pearl back, he thought that he would make a fine addition to the crew.”
Gibbs was about to take a sip from his mug, but Anna takes that too.

“Thanks mate.” She said

“Aye, he’s a fine addition to the crew,” said Jack, “Just like Alex here.”

Anna looks at him. “And how did you get into his crew?”

“I rather not talk about it…” said Alex

“Oh, Nonsense!” she said, “I’m sure Jack somehow shanghaied you into

“No, it’s the opposite. I wanted to be in his crew I had no other choice.”

He sighs and runs his hands through his hair.

“I-I was born in England. My father, mother and I moved to the Caribbean when I was eight years old.

We lived on Port Royal, and I was getting used to everything nicely. I made friends, and my family was proud of me.”

Alex cupped his mug; he does not take a sip from it.

“Everything was normal. Until I was 22, the same age I am now. Two days ago, before I met Jack, there was an ‘accident.’”

His throat runs dry, “I-I wasn’t there at the time.”

“What happened?” asked Anna

“I was out around town, and when I came back, it was on fire. The house- my home was on fire. I couldn’t do anything. No one could. We watched it burn down.” Alex looks up, “they died...”

“You don’t know that, they could have escaped.” Said Anna. She seemed to have calmed down, which was good news to Jack and Basil’s cheeks.

“No, their remains were found the next day,” Alex said, “I had no where to go. It was hard, but I had to worry about myself. Like my father once said to me, ‘no matter what happens in life, you must keep moving forward.’ ”

“That’s when I saw Jack, the next day…”

Jack who was half listening, looked up from his compass. He smiles.

“I heard a few stories of Jack and his ‘Amazing Adventures’ he was the only pirate I actually liked. As soon as he saw me, he knew I had what it took to be in his crew. He was in Port Royal trying to get something from the mansion. I helped him get it. Long story short, here I am. I always wanted to be a pirate anyway.”

“And a good one you will make!” said Jack standing up, “Gibbs, it’s time.”

“Aye sir,” Replied Gibbs

“Where are you going? Not running away again I hope” said Anna

“Not with you around, love,” said Jack, “I’ll never think of it! Be back soon, mates! And please, try not to do anything stupid.”

And with that, he and Gibbs leave to go to the faithful bride.

:excited: How come that no one left a comment here ...

That's was very good, Basil ... very detailed, rich and funny! I have to commend you on this, you put a lot of little details that are so enriching to the story: Alex made a small hole on the table with his knife, Basil pretended that the slap didn't happen, in the background the music changed, Gibbs - beginning to grab a seat - but before he could, Anna sat in his place, and she took the Gibb's mug ... I LOVE them! Small details that make the story come alive!

And you pictured Jack's character like I imagine watching his movies: After Jack took the pearl back - then corrected - After Basil took the pearl back ... You just nailed it! :lol1:

EXCELLENT! Now you already knew where the next chapter is heading to, I guess? Only a matter or typing it, right? Don't take too long, please ... I can't wait!

Back