Corsairs of the Sea: Remember Me

Did you know that you use the word h-e-l-l-o (without the 'o' ... :eek:) 5 times?!?

And thank you for the background story! Either I wasn't paying attention to the movies, or movies are not my memory preference to remember, but there must be ppl out there who also have few questions about how things are connected. And at the end of the day, the author (= you) will have to give us all the answers, so when all the story is done, questions are answered. Maybe not the answer to the 'what next', but to the 'why'.

I'm sorry that you lost your notes the other day, and I understand that redoing or repeating work is not enjoyable (I had to do it with your video, remember ... - sighs - ...), but that info about how Jack and Jolly were used to be friends and all other details are important. Don't let producer's scissors cut it too much please? If you have to post them separately back-to-back because of thread character limitations, then so be it.

The whole side story of Alex is going to be changed? Fine, whatever you say, Author. I didn't even know what the story was to begin with ... :D I just wish not to wait for a long time though (one chapter a month is mean ...).

Did you know that you use the word h-e-l-l-o (without the 'o' ... :eek:) 5 times?!?

And thank you for the background story! Either I wasn't paying attention to the movies, or movies are not my memory preference to remember, but there must be ppl out there who also have few questions about how things are connected. And at the end of the day, the author (= you) will have to give us all the answers, so when all the story is done, questions are answered. Maybe not the answer to the 'what next', but to the 'why'.

I'm sorry that you lost your notes the other day, and I understand that redoing or repeating work is not enjoyable (I had to do it with your video, remember ... - sighs - ...), but that info about how Jack and Jolly were used to be friends and all other details are important. Don't let producer's scissors cut it too much please? If you have to post them separately back-to-back because of thread character limitations, then so be it.

The whole side story of Alex is going to be changed? Fine, whatever you say, Author. I didn't even know what the story was to begin with ... :D I just wish not to wait for a long time though (one chapter a month is mean ...).
Oh yeah! I keep forgetting the 'O' ;) It's one of the few words I can use, without losing power in what the person is saying.

The Jack and Jolly bit, I have. But I haven't found a place to put it in the story as yet.
And yeah, the first draft of Alex side story was good at first, but it needs to be changed. And this is bigger than you think. Since the side story of Alex is different, the whole outcome of the story is different as well. This 'small' change, changes everything.

Oh yeah! I keep forgetting the 'O' ;) It's one of the few words I can use, without losing power in what the person is saying.

SMARTY PANTS!!!
And yes, as long as you don't get censored here, I think it's fine ... I understand what you are trying to say; it's a verbal language after all, not graphics, so an author does have to find a way to show the character's emotions or the height of the situations using ... yea, what else ... 'words' ... :rolleyes:

SMARTY PANTS!!!
And yes, as long as you don't get censored here, I think it's fine ... I understand what you are trying to say; it's a verbal language after all, not graphics, so an author does have to find a way to show the character's emotions or the height of the situations using ... yea, what else ... 'words' ... :rolleyes:

What Im trying to say is not what you think Im trying to say even though it looks like Im saying it when you read it :) ( Mouth full, isn't it?)

Just read all 5 chapters. Wow Basil, really amazing story, you have a wonderful talent for writing. Love all the detail and banter between your characters. Kudos to you and I can't wait for the next chapter. ;)

After reading your story from the very beginning to the end, I'm stunned. I can't find the words to explain how amazing and amusing this tale is. As so many others told you before me, you are indeed talented, Great work!

Just read all 5 chapters. Wow Basil, really amazing story, you have a wonderful talent for writing. Love all the detail and banter between your characters. Kudos to you and I can't wait for the next chapter. ;)
After reading your story from the very beginning to the end, I'm stunned. I can't find the words to explain how amazing and amusing this tale is. As so many others told you before me, you are indeed talented, Great work!

Thanks Guys! I greatly appreciate it!

Chapter 6: A Map to a Map

With the wind at its back, the Pearl was pulling away from the fiery Tortuga at a fast rate. After climbing over the rail, with the help of Pintel, Ragetti, and Annabelle, Alex and Basil watches the smoke billowing from Tortuga, while Jack and Gibbs walked to another point of the ship.

“Why is it that every time we leave port, we leave it in destruction?” asked Basil, resting his arms on the rail.

“Is this the norm for you guys?” asked Alex

“Nay, not till recently. This better not turn into a habit.”

“If it does, you can blame Jack,” said Alex jokingly, “He always finds trouble for all of you.”

“We don’t find trouble – trouble finds us! One of many great perks we have…”

“What the heck was that back there?” ask Alex, “and how did it raise the dead?”

“Don’t know,” Basil sighed, “and right now it’s not any of my concern. Even though I did showed some of those skeletons what for!”

“And then we have you,” Basil continued, “and that sword at your side.” He points at the sword which, for a moment, reflects the light of the moon.

“Listen, I don’t know what happened,” Alex said, “But it felt like I had a bond with it when I stole it from the mansion. It felt like… there was this power from it and I can use that power. I somehow knew that when Tortuga was being attacked, it could help me. Speaking of which, your lass wasn’t so helpful…”

“Oh?”

“Aye,” Alex was just happy the topic changed, “She had trouble, or to put it in a better way, she was the trouble.”

Basil chuckles, and Alex continues.

“I have never met such a stubborn girl. And that’s being nice!”

“Let me guess, it had something to do with me?”

“Well-“

Finally, something right you said tonight...” said a voice behind them. It was Annabelle.

Alex got the message, “I think I’ll go over there with the others where there’s less… obvious tension.” He leaves Basil and Anna behind.

“So,” began Basil, “you seem to have made it on the ship alright.”

“Obviously, “she said as she walked next to him.

“Thanks for throwing the rope over.”

“Oh, it was nothing…” there was something off about her tone.

“That was the second time you left me, Basil.”

Basil knew where this was leading to.

“Did you know what happed two years ago?” she asked.

“Aye, I met you. How can I forget?”

“And do you recall what you said to me?” It was like she was interrogating him; and she was.

Basil hated this, he wanted to get away. It wasn’t like he could jump over the side…. then again….

“I said you were the…” he sighs at the next word, “girl that was right for me. “

“I thought you were the most charming person I’ve ever met. We were together for a few months, but you had to leave, remember why?”

“Aye, I said that the Navy fleet was leaving for England and that I had to go…”

“After that, I haven’t heard you in months. I heard that a naval fleet was attacked by pirates and I thought that,” she pauses as she remembered that day, “that you were killed. Little did I know you just turned pirate!”

“You were surprised when you saw me at that bar, upset that I was a pirate, but overjoyed that I was alive.”

“I was," she said,” we could finally get on with our lives. Until a day later when you were gone again! Care to explain?” a breeze disturbs her long hair.

“Fine, I’ll explain. When I traded in Law and Order for Pillaging and Plundering, I wanted to forget my old life…Including you.” He looks at the water, “The life of a pirate seemed more interesting than what I was doing at the time. Jack agreed when he saw me on that ship and took me in. this was before he had his ship taken, mind you.”

“Unfortunately. And what of the crew members?”

“They were put on a lifeboat. God knows what happened to them. Most likely got mad with the heat and shot them. If they’re alive, they hate me for being a traitor.”

“All because of Jack,” she said, “Just think if he hadn’t attacked, you wouldn’t forget me.”

“But he did attack, and I did forget all about you, ‘til that night.”

“Aye, then you have the bloody nerve to leave the next day!” she pounds the railing with her fist. “I was so… outraged. When I asked around, folks said you left with Jack. How could you? After all we’ve been through?” It seemed that her eyes were starting to water.

“Jack had a quest that he needed help with, after I helped bring the pearl back, he knew that I was the right person to help; that’s how I officially was a part of his crew. So, I just left.”

“You left me! How could you?!”

“Well, I did say I forgot all about the pass, including you. You had no significance to me when I came back; we were at the right place at the right time.”

Anna stammers, “So, what you’re saying is, I-I was basically a-a…a one night stand?

Basil considers this for a moment, “Yeah, pretty much.” Whistling as if nothing happened, he leaves a shocked Anna at the railing as he joins the others who were surrounding Jack.

“Where is it?” asked Pintel

“Aye! Let us see what was so important that caused all this trouble.” Said a crew member

The others agree loudly.

“Alright mates!” said Jack, “Here it is!” He raises the map high into the air for all to see.

Almost immediately, there was dead silence.

“We went through all of that for a bloody map?!”

“Are ye daft?!”

The crew grumbles and complains. So much for loyalty for the captain.

“Now, now,” said Jack, “Why would I go through all that trouble for something useless? Men, do you know what this is?”

“Of course we know what it is,” said Ragetti, “It’s a map!”

“And what do maps do?”

“Maps, leads to somewhere?” guessed Pintel

Ragetti adds on, “And to whatever this map leads to, surely there be something of great riches.” He smiles, happy that he figured it out.

“No,” said Jack as if he was going to say yes, Ragetti frowns, “We’re not going to fine riches, because this map doesn’t lead to riches…”

“Sir?”

“Gentlemen,” said Jack, “This is a map… to a map! So what purpose would be served using this map to a place we can’t get to because we got the wrong map without first using this map to get to the other map that leads to riches?”

Everyone was confused. You can’t blame them.

“So we’re going after another map?” asked Alex,

“Why are we going after a map when we already have one?” said Jack

“But, you just said-”

“We’re not going after a map; we’re going to find it!”

Silence

“For its buried where the ‘X’ is on this map,” he points to the ‘X’, “The only problem is…”

“It's just random lines,” said Basil

“Exactly!” replied Jack, he walks over to the railing of the ship, where Anna was. The crew follows.

“That is why we are going to see a certain someone. Someone who is just as ‘wired’, yet clever as I am! Someone who lives in a bayou; and has a wide collection of all sorts of collectable things.”

Gibbs knew who Jack was talking about. “I hope it’s not who I think it is…”

“Tia Dalma!”

Gibbs groans to himself.

“Set a course to Cuba, Master Gibbs” Jack said, “I want to get there soonest! In to the wind! Full sail! And all the other customary sayings.”

“You heard him!” said Gibbs to the crew, “Back to work! And man those sails! The faster the better! Then you can turn in for the night.”

Jack goes into his quarters, as the crew splits up.

“How did you like your first day?” Basil asked Alex.

“It's never a dull moment isn’t?” he replied, he nods toward Anna who was still at the railing, looking at the horizon, “How did it go with her?”

Basil clears his throat, “We’re not on the same level so to speak, old memories coming back and what not.”

“Maybe I should have left her?” Alex said jokily, “Bad luck to bring women on broad?” he chuckles softly.

“Yeah, you should’ve…” Basil said seriously, Alex stops chucking, “I regret letting you bring her onboard… she just bad luck… that’s all.” Taking one last glance at Anna's back, Basil turns and leaves.

Alex glances at her, thinking if it was a good idea to bring her along.

Idk why this 'Basil' character in your story was so mean ... :( You should've not named him Basil ...
Did she lose her fighting spirit; I guess bc she was too stunned? Poor girl ... You'd better make her feel better in the end ... :sad1:

Anyways, this is my favorite part:

So what purpose would be served using this map to a place we can’t get to because we got the wrong map without first using this map to get to the other map that leads to riches?”

Sounds like Jack Sparrow speaking ... :lol1: And I can see that this will be a long story (good ... love it!). Great job, as always! And maybe Alex is not as bad as Basil ... I wonder what he's up to now ... hmmm ...

Now for the long wait ... - sighs -

Idk why this 'Basil' character in your story was so mean ... :( You should've not named him Basil ...
Did she lose her fighting spirit; I guess bc she was too stunned? Poor girl ... You'd better make her feel better in the end ... :sad1:

Anyways, this is my favorite part:

So what purpose would be served using this map to a place we can’t get to because we got the wrong map without first using this map to get to the other map that leads to riches?”

Sounds like Jack Sparrow speaking ... :lol1: And I can see that this will be a long story (good ... love it!). Great job, as always! And maybe Alex is not as bad as Basil ... I wonder what he's up to now ... hmmm ...

Now for the long wait ... - sighs -

Basil is not 'mean' just telling the truth. ;)No regrets with him yet. he's just upset that she brought up the pass. And as for her, she lost her fighting spirit because she was, 'weak.' As she went over what happened to the both of them, her guard went down.
Trust me, this will be a long story, with a lot of Jack confusing sayings:)

Another great chapter Basil! Looking forward to the next, but I do have to add, poor Annabelle and wondering if Alex is going to stir up some drama?....lol

What does that mean ... in quotes too ... :confused:. Dislike ... :(

Hmm, I guess she was vulnerable at that time. Remember, she took a pause when she was remembering the day that she thought he died; that hurt her on the inside. And to be told that he didn't really care for him? That made it worst.

Now that I look at it, it's a pretty depressing side story....

Another great chapter Basil! Looking forward to the next, but I do have to add, poor Annabelle and wondering if Alex is going to stir up some drama?....lol

Hmm to far to tell. Some ideas are still going around in my head. I already changed how the story will end two times.

Back