Corsairs of the Sea: Remember Me

Basil Darkratte

Site Founder
Chapter 1 : Escape​

It was a sunny day in the caribbean, as always. The Port Royal waters were calm, apart from the occasional wake from ships. It was midday: lunch time, at time for relaxing, eating, and having fun with mates, that is unless you're a pirate and have nearly the whole Birtish Navy coming after you.

" Ye have to try better than that mates!" Yelled Alex Hayes, who was running on the roof tops, though how he got there don't ask me.

" You come back here with the governor's sword, Pirate scum!" Replied one of the Naval officers.

The Governor's sword was the finest sword ever to be created. It had such balance that it could strike fear in anyone that gets in it's way. It was supposed to be protected until the governor got back from his journey from England.... looks like it wasn't now.

Alex, who had the sword at his side, hopped from rooftop to rooftop. He ducked at the sound of gunfire, great blasts from the bayonents. People on the street ran for cover.

" Better luck next time eh- whoa!" Without looking where he stepped, Alex tripped over a loose shingle which caused him to fall sidways off the roof and into a market stand.

" That was lovely." He mumbled, " Sorry mate," He said to the Owner who was completely taken off guard. " But I gotta - oop"

" There he is!"

" Stop in the name of the King!"

" Gotta go!" Alex jumped up and started to run again.

" The shore line, need to get to the shore line." Alex thought to him self. A ship was waiting for him there. If he could get there it'll be mission accomplished, if. Alex ducks through a ally, knocking over carts, or anything movable to stop the officers from follow him.

More gunfire, they've must have been very desperate to get the sword back.

He turned a bend then stop in his tracks a barrel of gunpower was up aganist the wall; there seemed to be a small hole to the top . Already Alex had an idea.

" Oh this is to easy." He peeped around the corner from where the Officers were trying to get him. They were, at the moment, having a hard time trying to pass the mess Alex made.

" Oi! you lot still trying to get this?" He waves the sword in the air.
The officers got over the mess he made, but something wasn't right. They were working slowly as if...

" You're at a dead end pirate!"

Alex glanced around.. it was a dead end indeed.

"ah, bloody heck.." he said to himself. He suddenly remembers about the " Power keg." A smile spreads across his face. He turn the barrel on to it's side black powder poured from a small hole. To the Officers surprise, Alex kicks the barrel towards them, powder still flowing out from it.

" Might want to take a step back mates!" Alex said. He unsheathed the governor's sword, and strike it on the ground. Sparks flew some caught on the powder and ignited, the flames race up to the barrel and exploded.

Alex didn't even wait to see if the Officers were dead or alive, he needed to get out of there. Alex looked around, there had to be a way out of there - but the only escape route was blocked off. Out of nowhere a rope dropped down next to him. Alex looked up to see the smiling face of Basil Darkratte.

" Need a hand?" he asked

" Just about time ye got here!" Alex replied back and began to climb the rope. Basil helped him up back on the roof. He nods at the black smoke, " That was some explosion ye caused, Hayes!"
" Couldn't have done it better meself. Have ye got it?"

" Of course I do!" He shows Basil the sword. " Why do ye think I've the Navy on me?"

" So this is the sword... It's beautiful." Basil said. Indeed it was. It had a Golden Handle and a blade that was made out of what it seemed to be Sliver and steel.

" It is." Alex said. He sheathed the sword and put it back in it's place. " But now's not the time. There's Bound to be more of those Navy men coming."

He was right. And this time, there was more of them.

" Follow me," said Basil " We haven't much time."

Without saying a word Alex followed Basil. They went down some stairs that when down to another ally way.

"Around here!" yelled Basil.

" There they are!" said an officer from somewhere behind them. " Open Fire!" Once again, the air was filled blasts.

" Acch! can't they just quit?!" Alex said, fast on the heels of Basil. He could already smell the sea air.

" We're close!" Said Basil and sure enough, they were. They turned the final bend and saw the water ahead of them, about 100 yards. " There's the ship!" It was the only ship in port that seemed out of place. The other ships around it seemed new and ..clean. This was not. It seemed old but fast, it was big too. And it's color was the only one in port, black, with black sails. The Pearl was waiting.

In no time they were at the docks, climbing on to the deck of the Pearl. Alex Glanced behind him, the Navy Men where running towards the docks but it was already to late. The pearl was begining to move, thanks to the fast acting crew. They were now safe.

" Ye alright?" Basil ask Alex.

" Aye I am." Said Alex who was out of breath. " Just a normal day for a pirate."

Basil laughs. "Take the sword to the Captain, he'll be pleased. Good work Hayes, you're now a true
pirate!"

" Thanks mate! will do. Where is he?"

" In his quarters waiting for you. See you in a bit." And with that, Basil went to help the crew to fully unfurl the sails.

Alex went to the near of the stern, where the Captain Quaters was. He knocked on the door.

" Not now mate, I'm....Busy." said a voice from inside.

" I have it!" Alex said.

" Have what?.... Oh! the sword! come in"

Alex entered, the Captain wasn't busy at all. He was behind he desk. Sitting on a chair that was facing away from Alex.

" It wasn't easy, but I have it." Alex puts the Sword on the table. The Captain turned and look at the sword, then to Alex.

" Ye have done well mate! Of course I could have done it with nothing but a Rusty Cutlass but that's besides the point."

" Where are we going to now?" Asked Alex

" Where? to Tortuga of course!" Replied the Captain, " To drink over your accomplishment! Now go help Basil with the sails, I'm sure he needs it. Alex Hayes you've proven your worth. You are now a true pirate!"

Alex made his way to the door, " Thank ye, Jack Sparrow!"

" Captain Jack Sparrow!" Said the well known Pirate.

" Of course Jack whatever you say." Alex Exits.

" They always forgetting the Captain..." Jack Said to himself " always." He sighs then looks at the sword once more before putting it away.

This is awesome!!!! It kept me on the edge of my seat, not a dull moment at all. Very well done, you should be an author someday. Keep 'em coming!
popcorn.gif

Wow, another talent you've got there, Basil ... This is already in a screen play language, full of action right from the start. I can actually play it out in my head. You definitely are full of talent! Can't wait to read the next chapter ... Pop corn time!
popcorn.gif

Wow, another talent you've got there, Basil ... This is already in a screen play language, full of action right from the start. I can actually play it out in my head. You definitely are full of talent! Can't wait to read the next chapter ... Pop corn time! :popcorn:

Thanks, for some reason when I write stories, I always do it in a screen play language. No matter how hard I try, it always come out like this. I Guess it's easy that way

Loved it :D I liked how Basil was actually in the story too ^^

Thanks rose, I was trying to make up another name, But I had so many ideas of what is going to happen next, I just put my name
EDIT (Jan 31, 2011 at 3:24 PM):
This is awesome!!!! It kept me on the edge of my seat, not a dull moment at all. Very well done, you should be an author someday. Keep 'em coming!:popcorn:

I'll give you a spoiler, there is going to be a sea battle before they hit Tortuga! Where does it go from there? I don't know since I Made the story as I went along. But, it has something to do with the Ship Of the Line

Thanks rose, I was trying to make up another name, But I had so many ideas of what is going to happen next, I just put my name
EDIT (Jan 31, 2011 at 3:24 PM):

I'll give you a spoiler, there is going to be a sea battle before they hit Tortuga! Where does it go from there? I don't know since I Made the story as I went along. But, it has something to do with the Ship Of the Line
sweet

Thanks, for some reason when I write stories, I always do it in a screen play language. No matter how hard I try, it always come out like this. I Guess it's easy that way

That's called a 'style', Basil ... and it is fine too! And I don't think that is any easier than regular 'imagination developer' type. I think Hollywood would love this ready-to-produce type; it's a screen writing, destined to be produced! And take your time, I heard a lot of novelists or TV producer did develop the story along the way, they didn't know the entire story line right from the start. But that is the challenging part ... only certain ppl are capable of doing that (I definitely can't). So, I'm looking forward to seeing where this story is heading to!

That's called a 'style', Basil ... and it is fine too! And I don't think that is any easier than regular 'imagination developer' type. I think Hollywood would love this ready-to-produce type; it's a screen writing, destined to be produced! And take your time, I heard a lot of novelists or TV producer did develop the story along the way, they didn't know the entire story line right from the start. But that is the challenging part ... only certain ppl are capable of doing that (I definitely can't). So, I'm looking forward to seeing where this story is heading to!

True, it'll be cheap since they don't have to turn it to a screen play, ( Apart from adding, more detail to it)
As for the TV Producers who made it up as it went along, I guess that's how the Show " LOST" was lol ( I really felt lost!)

True, it'll be cheap since they don't have to turn it to a screen play, ( Apart from adding, more detail to it)
As for the TV Producers who made it up as it went along, I guess that's how the Show " LOST" was lol ( I really felt lost!)

Now I look at it this way: you are visual, you make excellent videos; that's why all the setting already flashes in front of your eyes ... If the job of taking it to the big screen were given to you, you'd know exactly what to put in every setting. It may not be very detailed in your writing, but it's alive already. I promise you, you'd make ppl work hard to adapt this into a screen play; to create the settings exactly like what you want them to be (ever consider to be a movie consultant?). "Cheap" is definitely is not the word.

The other style might be more pre-meditated. And it is full of details in the writing, but just as good to be adapted into a screen play, if Hollywood could find a good screen writer. Like what usually happens; the book is better than the movie most of the time.

Basil and William, you two are some talented writers! It's so enriching to me to be able to see two outstanding styles of writing!

Wow, Thanks Jade, I'm truly flattered! You're right, the settings of my stories or videos I make flash in front of my eyes. It seems to come out of nowhere. Sometimes I find myself walking up and down in the living room playing the events in my mind as if it were in a movie. ( And sometimes acting them out!
lol1.gif
)
Hmm, maybe I should be a dierctor....

Im a Director and I say don't go for being a director go for writing scripts and editing film Directing is a whole nother field mate.

Back