Suggestion Could you make it possible to shoot Brits and EIC?

Asmith2

Dockworker
Idk what the moding situation looks like behind the scenes but is it possible to change the script for firearm damage to replicate the damage of throwing daggers and then up the damage of daggers to make it more realistic ? Then firearms could be used against Brits, EIC, and undead because although it would keep the visuals and sound of a firearm it would be dealing the ranged mele damage of throwing weapons. Dont know if its possible but its a thought. Love the work yall are doing. Great game.

So, you think the code is more like guidelines? How very Barbossaian of you.
I think it's best to keep guns out of battles with human characters for 2 reasons: 1) It promotes more variety in inventory and weapons use. 2) It promotes the idea that it is not ok to shoot humans in real life.

So, you think the code is more like guidelines? How very Barbossaian of you.
I think it's best to keep guns out of battles with human characters for 2 reasons: 1) It promotes more variety in inventory and weapons use. 2) It promotes the idea that it is not ok to shoot humans in real life.
Thats fair, I always kinda figured that was the purpose of the restriction to begin with since the original game was a Disney property. Although its interesting that stabbing to death is acceptable just not shooting.....

Thats fair, I always kinda figured that was the purpose of the restriction to begin with since the original game was a Disney property. Although its interesting that stabbing to death is acceptable just not shooting.....
I think that gun violence is a huge issue these days and I'm sure Disney is very conscious of it and how it's image might be affected by it. I should also point out that while it's true that killing someone with a knife or sword is not acceptable it is not as easily translated into the real world and is not the huge problem that gun violence is. I have no doubt that it is because knife and sword fighting is horrifically messy and has much greater risk to the attacker than simply pulling a trigger and solving your problem instantly.

I think that gun violence is a huge issue these days and I'm sure Disney is very conscious of it and how it's image might be affected by it. I should also point out that while it's true that killing someone with a knife or sword is not acceptable it is not as easily translated into the real world and is not the huge problem that gun violence is. I have no doubt that it is because knife and sword fighting is horrifically messy and has much greater risk to the attacker than simply pulling a trigger and solving your problem instantly.
To put that last bit a different way: shooting someone in real life is much like shooting someone in game but sword fighting in real life is far different from how it is in game.

Hmm, if memory serves me right, there is that moon event that turns players into skeletons/undead. Perhaps a potion could be made that would enable that appearance and the ability to use guns against the living as you yourself would be undead and therefore not entirely held to the code.

Idk what the moding situation looks like behind the scenes but is it possible to change the script for firearm damage to replicate the damage of throwing daggers and then up the damage of daggers to make it more realistic ? Then firearms could be used against Brits, EIC, and undead because although it would keep the visuals and sound of a firearm it would be dealing the ranged mele damage of throwing weapons. Dont know if its possible but its a thought. Love the work yall are doing. Great game.
LOL, the good news is you can literally roast the Brits and EITC alive with fireballs!
That's gotta be exciting on some level, yes?
Also, blowing them up with grenades isn't too shabby.
In POTCO I used to hate that you couldn't shoot them, and if you did on accident, you'd trigger their aggro and have to switch weapons quickly to battle them.
What they could do is make it so that when you shoot them, it's like a water pistol or quirt gun, and it gets them mad as a wet hen.
That'd be fun, yes?

Back