Cousins Trade

Jack Cannonskull

Pirate Lord
What do you guys think about DeMarcus Cousins being traded to the pelicans?

NOTE: Im looking to make more threads about NBA topics because I enjoy listening to your opinions!

Cousins stated that he wanted to finish off his career with Sacramento, so I kind of feel bad for him. I feel like it's ironic because the Pelicans traded Buddy Heild, who was the one who grabbed Cousins below the belt, to the Kings. Video can be seen here. Anyways, I personally think its a good trade for both teams.

I heard that the Kings weren't going to do the trade unless they were confident they could resign him in the offseason - and Cousins' agent said he was unlikely to resign with any team he was traded to. Kings are taking a risk - but they think they can walk out of this with Cousins, Hield and the picks. Also, that shot on Cousins seemed unintentional, like he was just trying to get by him. A weird action, sure, but I doubt it he was really trying to hurt him.

Cousins stated that he wanted to finish off his career with Sacramento, so I kind of feel bad for him. I feel like it's ironic because the Pelicans traded Buddy Heild, who was the one who grabbed Cousins below the belt, to the Kings. Video can be seen here. Anyways, I personally think its a good trade for both teams.

I heard that the Kings weren't going to do the trade unless they were confident they could resign him in the offseason - and Cousins' agent said he was unlikely to resign with any team he was traded to. Kings are taking a risk - but they think they can walk out of this with Cousins, Hield and the picks. Also, that shot on Cousins seemed unintentional, like he was just trying to get by him. A weird action, sure, but I doubt it he was really trying to hurt him.
After watching it a few times It does look like like he was just trying to get by him but then for some reason pulled on him.

As much as it looked like the Kings got "robbed" I think it will work out well. Think about it, they got some solid pieces in Seth Curry and Buddy Hield now. They can also use those picks for future trades or to continue to develop. I think Sacramento is going for the Warriors approach, tons and TONS of shooters. On another note, my Hawks didn't really do much besides add Ersan Illyasova. I was hoping we would be able to pull off that Paul George trade (we got decently close apparently). I guess the Hawks will settle for another 3-5 seed.

As much as it looked like the Kings got "robbed" I think it will work out well. Think about it, they got some solid pieces in Seth Curry and Buddy Hield now. They can also use those picks for future trades or to continue to develop. I think Sacramento is going for the Warriors approach, tons and TONS of shooters. On another note, my Hawks didn't really do much besides add Ersan Illyasova. I was hoping we would be able to pull off that Paul George trade (we got decently close apparently). I guess the Hawks will settle for another 3-5 seed.
Seth Curry was sent to the Mavs awhile ago.

It's not a great trade. Cousins and Davis both are rim protectors, not perimeter defenders (which Davis will now have to be as a PF). While AD can be a stretch 4, he does his best work in the paint. They're a nice team no doubt, but in the NBA, if you want to win a championship, you need all your guys to be where they play their best.

Back