crash issues are like clockwork for me SOS HELP

lilsynaster

Pirate
so ive recent reinstalled the launcher hoping for better results my pc isn't a toaster I have a gtx970 graphics card 8 gigs of ram a duel core cpu clocking at 3.66 ghz and 3 harddrives ive dedicated this game to one drive ive reinstalled countless times and I still crash 38% of the time in the first loading menu 42% in cannon defence and that's very discuraging seeing I stream that then lose my lobby roughly 14% sailing and the rest of the 6% are just misc tasks... my figures come from the last week with about a 42 hour playtime within the last week and aproxamatly 247 crashed later.... listen idk if theres ways to fix this AT ALL ive gone to the extent of going through every program and updating everything on my pc just to make this game work properly and it doesn't seem to work. are there any settings I could be missing because I know theres people who have no problems what so ever im running a 64 bit windows 10 pc at a 720 p res and the game on windowed mode with nothing else open besides task manager and my ram never goes past 60% my cpu bearly hits 20 my harddrives are aproxamatly 32% and my gpu is pretty much unaffected by this game which I expected on top of that I can run obs and stream this game so my pc isn't the issue I just don't know what im missing because not everyone has these issues to my extent and its very anti-progressive for the style of this game in the high levels

so ive recent reinstalled the launcher hoping for better results my pc isn't a toaster I have a gtx970 graphics card 8 gigs of ram a duel core cpu clocking at 3.66 ghz and 3 harddrives ive dedicated this game to one drive ive reinstalled countless times and I still crash 38% of the time in the first loading menu 42% in cannon defence and that's very discuraging seeing I stream that then lose my lobby roughly 14% sailing and the rest of the 6% are just misc tasks... my figures come from the last week with about a 42 hour playtime within the last week and aproxamatly 247 crashed later.... listen idk if theres ways to fix this AT ALL ive gone to the extent of going through every program and updating everything on my pc just to make this game work properly and it doesn't seem to work. are there any settings I could be missing because I know theres people who have no problems what so ever im running a 64 bit windows 10 pc at a 720 p res and the game on windowed mode with nothing else open besides task manager and my ram never goes past 60% my cpu bearly hits 20 my harddrives are aproxamatly 32% and my gpu is pretty much unaffected by this game which I expected on top of that I can run obs and stream this game so my pc isn't the issue I just don't know what im missing because not everyone has these issues to my extent and its very anti-progressive for the style of this game in the high levels
Join the club. It is a beta, but after two years of the same experience you're having and doing almost everything you have as well, I don't do a single thing to my system any more as some of the tweaks broke my other perfectly working games. None of what people do to their own systems have actually helped or solved any of the tlopo pure game running issues conclusively. Just to get the game to last a decent continued time is a struggle. I've always felt strongly that we should not have to alter our computers for a 3rd party program in any way.

It's not an easy job, but it's up to the programmers wanting to download their program to accurately read your system and set the parameters to run it's software. It wasn't always that way, but a good part of the bulk of the software is probably redundancy and extra data that your computer wouldn't even need just so the software will nominally run on as many systems as possible. Even better programming with multiplayer is when the log on/launcher reads your system and downloads only what your system needs. I think most if not all multi-player games do this. 'checking your sys for optimal performance' etc. I'm sure tlopo does this as well. The only thing we can do in most cases is to have our gpu drivers, and actually all our drivers for our system up to date. That's just good maintenance.

So, if your system meets even the basic system requirements of the game, you should expect at least being able to play the game at reasonable framerates and consistency. Beyond that, no one should have to ALTER their system at all.

Over two years reading all the things people have done to their machines above and beyond total REFORMAT of their hard drives? That's completely unnecessary and ANYONE stating you should have to reformat for a 3rd party game has no idea what they are talking about.
Your system worked fine before installing the 3rd party or tlopo and now the 3rd party doesn't run and you are supposed to reformat and reinstall windows or mac? That's insane and illogical. I don't believe I've ever seen a complete list of what specs tlopo can run on and what specs it can't.
If there is it would be nice to have a link to the full list. I haven't seen it. That's usually the first place to get a clue. The minimal list on the website isn't very helpful or specific.

It's most definitely not your computer. Stop changing things or risking your system for this game. DO totally uninstall tlopo and clean the registry manually for all things tlopo, clean all temp folders, do a thorough comp wide search for all things tlopo, delete them and when satisfied it's as gone as possible, reboot. Check to see if gpu and other drivers are up to date, install them if not. Reboot. Make sure all drivers and stuff is working as expected. Reboot again. Make a restore point. Reboot. Then go back to tlopo main page and use the most recent launcher on there. Run the game. If still broken, do the drill for clean install attempt. Still broken? Try one more time with the full clean out procedure and tlopo. Still have problems with tlopo? Then you can confidently state out loud that you have totally eliminated your computer as an issue and proven it isn't your system or connection or isp and that it is the beta tlopo problems. And that you will never again change or adjust your system which works perfectly to try to run a broken 3rd party software again.

Now, relax, grab a beverage of your choice, some cheetos and fire up tlopo and just play as effectively as possible, make in-game reports and enjoy the game as it is, content and guilt free in the knowledge that you tried everything humanly possible to get the game to run on your system. I believe there are tons of people who don't even read these forums or post still struggling with the game or gave up.

You are not alone.

I still feel personally that the game itself is broken (to the point to where 'limitations' will forever plague anyone downloading remnants of the game to which TLOPO has been able to counter some challenges, thus far). Then again, I already discussed this in detail to a thread to which I had asked for clarification.

idk. Just seems that while some things become specifically fixed, the fix itself creates further problems unknown prior to said fix. This, mind you, from a pirate whom is so distrusting of Disney now that I find Pinocchio's nose resembling that of my favorite Sabre I had used back in the day of POTCO (shrugs). :paranoid:

I still feel personally that the game itself is broken (to the point to where 'limitations' will forever plague anyone downloading remnants of the game to which TLOPO has been able to counter some challenges, thus far). Then again, I already discussed this in detail to a thread to which I had asked for clarification.

idk. Just seems that while some things become specifically fixed, the fix itself creates further problems unknown prior to said fix. This, mind you, from a pirate whom is so distrusting of Disney now that I find Pinocchio's nose resembling that of my favorite Sabre I had used back in the day of POTCO (shrugs). :paranoid:
I agree across most that post. But here's a wild radical thought. Suppose the pencil necks at Disney didn't want any chance at anyone else to succeed with potco better than they did and make money with it and although they allowed the client to be downloaded in a generous yet facade/phony type of way but actually corrupted the client in ways that would make it difficult if not impossible to recreate potco in a decent way? It sounds wacky, but in my field and city that I worked for we experienced competing software vendors sabotaging their own programs with updates when the bidding didn't go their way. Yes, there was lawsuits, but cities typically back down when a company starts threatening more lawsuits. It's a cruel world out there in the biz.

Still and regardless...gotta support what TLOPO is trying to do despite the challenge. *As testers, we can help them. ;)

In the end, we must become proud of OUR resolve!

Holy smokes, I almost never crash except for while playing CD. I can’t remember the last time I crashed on a loading screen or during play, other than the above mentioned CD which does cause me to crash during play 100% of the time.

I don't crash a lot except in CD but am experiencing a lot of lag that I didn't use to. Yes, I empty cache. I reinstall once in a while. But the lag the last couple of weeks. And it is happening on more than just abassa and andaba.

Last edited:
Back