Create-An-Island Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lafitte's Landing,,Like on the ride !!!! Put his Crypt on it(like in new orleans square) ,,and a Haunted Mansion,,( like the the one in new orleans square was suppose to be his) . and an Isle Fort (like Tom Saywer's island was suppose to be ) and make the isle fort part like the black pearl in the game !!!!

well here goes , as i recall from playing pirates online the enviromet for each island was amazing, from the guards, to all the bad guys, to all the quest, just a 1oo, million, from a scale 1 to 10 . so for a back drop , my island would be kinda like tortuga, just a place for all pirates to regroup, or just hang out with guild members if you didnt feel like questing. My island name, PARADISE COVE, you see what i miss the most from pirates, is all the friendships, from everywhere around the world, no race, no color, no politics, no fighting, just true solid, life long friendships. so maybe an island just for all to gather , dance , chat, hang out, maybe add several piers for some fishing, with unique fish only here, and some bars for poker players, with weekly poker bonus treasures. Also maybe an island for you admin people to be on a daily bases, so if we have trouble, or questions, we always know where to get answers right away, maybe have a daily rotation for all you creators so it wouldnt be overwelming for you all with so many people with so many questions. Thats my island and my idea, hopefully its a good one , take care all.

Oooh, a chance to share my grand vision for an idea I really wanted to happen back in POTCO:

Long ago, the dreaded Captain Casper Reis raided numerous ports along the African coast, taking a massive haul aboard his ship throughout his career. He is most notorious for a raid in which he and two other ships attacked a treasure fleet departing the African coast, laden with more gold than the most prosperous of the mines in Spanish South America, and a cache of weapons that rivaled even El Patron's legendary hoard.
But legend has it that Reis had another reason for raiding that particular fleet...

After this one raid, he reneged on his end of the bargain to split the treasure three-ways, holing himself up on Jazirat Alrramal, an island on the eastern outskirts of the Caribbean, and home to a sizable desert, Reis' castle, and some small areas of civilization. The betrayed captains, Amira Qadira and her lover, Nadir Yasin, banded together and attacked Casper Reis' stronghold, but were repelled.

Now, decades later, a mysterious old sailor has arrived in the Faithful Bride, seeking help from Jack Sparrow and any pirates he may recommend. Jolly Roger has set his sights upon Jazirat Alrramal, reviving the two captains and their crews in an attempt to attack the fortress and find the treasure for himself, while terrorizing the settlement of Alssuq. This old man claims that the treasure of Casper Reis, supposedly the only reason Reis was able to defeat the two captains initially, is a voodoo staff with an unknown but immense amount of power. Jack, being the "selective" pirate he is, has proposed to delegate the footwork to any pirate who volunteers, so long as the staff gets brought back to him for use in the war against Jolly Roger.

(Name meanings, since they're Arabic)
Casper - "Treasure Master"
Reis - Surname of numerous Barbary corsairs throughout history
Amira - Princess
Qadira - Full of power
Nadir - Beloved
Yasin - Famous and wealthy
Jazirat Alrramal - Isle of Sands
Alssuq - The Market

(Side note: This quest line would do two things: It would introduce a Legendary Voodoo Staff to the mix, and it would also serve as a good place for adding in the scimitar sword-type, maybe making it so that scimitars only drop on Jazirat Alrramal. There's also a plot twist that I have in mind for the story, but I don't want to include it here - Suspense does have to be built, after all :p)

Some pics (Forgive me for the first one, lol, but these are legit the only things I could find online that capture how I envision it):

Picture One
Picture Two (For the Alssuq part of the island)
Picture Three (For Reis' castle)
Picture Four (For the desert part)
Picture Five (What's a desert without an oasis or river?)

Last edited:
Pitons-AnseChastnet1280.jpg
well here goes , as i recall from playing pirates online the enviromet for each island was amazing, from the guards, to all the bad guys, to all the quest, just a 1oo, million, from a scale 1 to 10 . so for a back drop , my island would be kinda like tortuga, just a place for all pirates to regroup, or just hang out with guild members if you didnt feel like questing. My island name, PARADISE COVE, you see what i miss the most from pirates, is all the friendships, from everywhere around the world, no race, no color, no politics, no fighting, just true solid, life long friendships. so maybe an island just for all to gather , dance , chat, hang out, maybe add several piers for some fishing, with unique fish only here, and some bars for poker players, with weekly poker bonus treasures. Also maybe an island for you admin people to be on a daily bases, so if we have trouble, or questions, we always know where to get answers right away, maybe have a daily rotation for all you creators so it wouldnt be overwelming for you all with so many people with so many questions. Thats my island and my idea, hopefully its a good one , take care all.

I'm not a very creative person, but I do remember some of the concepts that me and some friends talked about when the game was still live:

Island called: "Koninginnen Toevlucht" or "Queen's Haven"
Faction: East India Trading Company

As we all know you have your basic factions, which my group Favorited the East Indian Trading group. So I would like to imagine another outpost but involving a boss fight to make it a relatively mid-tier island. Allowing for mid-leveled players to encounter the various quest lines, which can be quite extensive if the Dev's want to include a underground tunnel network which would be filled with boxes, giving off a root cellar feel. This island will be a moderate size but not to the extent of a player-hub. This island is populated by East India troops, Bugs, and skeletons. The boss of the fort would be some cheesy name, that the Dev's can feel free to put their name as the fort captain, (a little Easter Egg).

Now it's story time:
During the Dutchs expansion for trade territory, the East India Co have set up fort on what they thought was untouched land. Little did they know what lies below the surface of the land, the soul of the Dreaded Pirate McManis has risen on the North Eastern side of the island and him and his crew are making trouble for the armored tradesmen. You would venture over to the North Eastern side of the island to enter an instance where its dark and gloomy to find skeletons roaming around a rocky plateau, from which you can see a ominous cave entrance. After entering the cave your met with more skeletons and after some roaming, you find Roberts spirit himself, you can have it either as a questline or just make it easy and fight him.

Now for my crappy art skills:
A key:
Red circle with black outline can be a general landing zone.
The instance is marked by the red outline.
Lastly the fort is the poorly drawn polygon with black highlights.
E.I.Co.jpg

Last edited:
Hullbreaker Peak
Backstory: Hullbreaker peak is truly a mysterious island, enshrouded in mystery and strange sightings. Nobody knows the true origin of the island, except for that it shot up from the deep sea one day and stood higher than any other mountain or island on the seven seas. It's dark coloration makes it impossible to see at night, causing countless poor pirates to crash and become stranded. The name was bestowed upon it after an entire armada was smashed against it, due to a daring pirate and some bad rum. They said that the cracks of the hull breaking sounded like musket shots in the night, and from that day forward it was known as Hullbreaker Peak. It is said that the pirate who manages to reach the top of the peak will find riches beyond their wildest dreams, but nobody has ever reached that point. Over the years it has become a bad symbol to the average pirate and trading ship alike, and most give it a wide berth. The waters around it are treacherous and there are tales of monsters greater even than the Kraken lurking near it. Stories are told of brave pirates who dared to sweep the area for treasure, only to be lost in the stormy seas which surround it. Many names go down in history because of this island, and many a pirate believe they have what it takes to stay off that list. None have succeeded so far, and list and the legends have grown. Some say the treasure that lies at the top of the mountain is knowledge of all the treasure in the seven seas. Others say it was the cargo of the armada that was smashed into the island. Even more believe that some supernatural power will be bestowed upon the pirate that reaches the top. All that is truly known is that it is a dark, dangerous place not suited for the likes of men. Here, there be monsters.

Image: http://i2.wp.com/unusualplaces.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Balls-Pyramid.jpg
Balls-Pyramid.jpg

Island Name: Sirenity

Backstory (400 words):

Mermaids. Sam Dockskull was no stranger to the legend. The mere discussion of such an outlandish tale caused a laughter amongst the crew. Yet, Sam had read every legend there be on a particularly twisted island, Sirenity, said to be the home of all Mermaids. The tale goes... Sam Dockskull’s crew abandoned him in the middle of the ocean with nothing but a log to keep him afloat, for the crew thought the young bloke too naive to command. 20 years seemed to do the young bloke well though, as he found himself surviving the harsh sea for days. The boy was lucky, managed to make land, stretching his survival the best he could. He became aquatinted with the beautiful land that saved him, though he kept a journal on how he couldn’t sleep the nights. He’d be woken by the moving waters. He’d wake up from night terrors, perhaps a presence he had sensed. One night he fell asleep on the curious shore. Wether it be a dream we don’t know, but it’s said that Sam was woken by an angel in the flesh, more beautiful than the 7 seas and the night sky. Eyes so blue his reflection be clear, hair like silk it reflected the moonlight, and skin so pale it almost blended with the white sands. She introduced herself as Eva. Legend goes onto say, Dockskull made the biggest mistake a pirate could make, the boy fell in love with a mermaid. Now don’t you kid yourself for a moment, Eva wasn’t the only one of her kind, for Dockskull was on the very Island myth he read about, Sirenity. The mermaid race forbid such a love, between a mortal and a mermaid, yet the love they shared grew so strong. Now this ain’t be a happy tale, for Eva couldn’t survive on land and Sam couldn’t in the ocean. That is, without the Sirenity Emerald. Said to be made up of the tears of mermaids in love with men and the blood of those who opposed their love. Legend has it Sam perished the moment he created such a curious emerald, and their love would have to wait for the afterlife. The truth be questioned from Sam’s diary, some say they be hallucinations from the abandonment and hunger. The truth lies with the lost Emerald. One said to be priceless.

Quest/Reward:

Prove the existence of Sirenity, and the love of Sam and Eva. Locate the Emerald to gain its blessings, or sell to an ocean goddess for more gold than you can fathom. The choice is yours, that is, if the Emerald be a reality to begin with.

Story written by Karim Ismail (Insta @eyceapollo)

Original Image: http-//www.news.com.au/travel/travel-ideas/weird-and-wonderful-creatures-on-the-galapagos-islands/story-e6frfqf9-1226706956355
Sirenity.jpg
tumblr_inline_o89g8pIxxb1twfmwr_500.gif
tumblr_inline_mkpqjtEY1T1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_m6pbkjCjSG1rw3mwgo1_500.jpg

Name: Shipwreck Isle
Backstory/Questline: the backstory is that there is an island that seems to appear out of nowhere just when it is too late to avoid a crash. There is a primitive colony there that are extremely violent and they will go after you without you making first contact. Once you get on the island you must either prove to the colony that you do not mean any harm, or you must take over the island.

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-30_11-38-29.png
    upload_2016-10-30_11-38-29.png
    59 KB · Views: 122
Okey dokey here I go...

Name: Bermuda Atoll, Situated beyond Uncharted Waters

Backstory: An island steeped in a so-called "curse", the merchants believe it, the Navy and the EITC seem to believe it is just a 'sailor story' that is meant to scare those away from the High Seas. One thing is for sure, any vessel that gets close enough to Bermuda Atoll's shoreline is bound to end up grounded. Many theories have arised as to how these shipwrecks occur, some believe Bermuda Atoll has a young sea volcano situated under the island that causes the seabed near to the island to dramatically shift. Others say otherwise, no-one knows for sure. However those who are looking for salvage will find Bermuda Atoll to be a gold mine full of materials and lost treasures.

Questline: If implemented into the world of POTCO or TLOPO, then the player would be notified by an automatically-triggered questline called "Somewhere Beyond The Sea". This questline would trigger as soon as the player logs in and loads into an island. After following instructions to go to Port Royal's Harbormaster, the harbormaster will give the player the opportunity to earn a significant amount of in-game coins by leading a salvage operation on the HMS Sapphire, a Navy-operated treasure ship that fell victim to Bermuda Atoll's "curse". As soon as the player arrives at Bermuda Atoll (and having to abandon their vessel further away from the island's shore), they will discover the current state of Bermuda Atoll: The island is almost impossible to point out as the amount of shipwrecks surrounding the island is probably somewhere near 200 vessels, their remains are scattered and are slowing decaying. Old shipwrecks are starting to be taken over by mother nature so it is clear to see what shipwreck is recent and what is not. The HMS Sapphire is situated near the mainland within the Atoll's bay, however it becomes quickly apparent that mother nature's "pets" have made themselves at home.

The treasure of the Sapphire? Well you just have to go to Bermuda Atoll and find out for yourself...

Molokini+Atoll+04.jpg

Bermuda Atoll - Before the shipwreck "curse" began. Based off of this picture, which is actually Molokini Atoll.

Isla de los Santos (means Island of Hallows)

Isla de los Santos is an island shrouded in mystery. Not much is known about it other than the fact that it is cursed. A long time ago, a pirate captain named Javier Maldito was on a voyage in search of the ancient Treasure of Las Almas, when his ship sailed into a dense fog and accidently shipwrecked on a mysterious island. This island was home to a number of undiscovered and dangerous plants and animals. After a couple days, Maldito noticed that they had no supplies to survive on the island longer than a week. After a week, Maldito, dying of starvation and thirst, had to kill his own crew and eat them to survive. He began to go mad because of the realization that nobody would find him and he would die on the island. He eventually died, but rumor has it that his spirit is still roaming the island, forever searching for the Treasure of Las Almas.

The pirate’s objective would be to find and gather the Treasure of Las Almas before Maldito does, while simultaneously freeing Maldito’s spirit.
Creepy island.jpg
Creepy island 2.jpg

First image: http://dermonkey.deviantart.com/art/on-the-island-of-dr-moreau-291605856
Second image: http://www.keyword-suggestions.com/c2NhcnkgaXNsYW5k/

Your pirate is sent to a mysterious island that is known to be uninhabited by life. You are to learn of it's origins and happenings and report to the British Lord of the Caribbean. You find out that it was a failed Norse Colony similar to Vinland. It is called "Melasse øy", or "Molasses Island". The colonists mistook the vast amounts of tar pools as molasses. This misunderstanding partly led to the failure of the colony. You find Norse writing, "ancient" remains of houses (from around 1000-1100AD), and Viking swords and armor. While on the island, the vikings resurrect as undead and turn hostile to the invaders of their land. You have to battle your way to the heart of the cave system on the island and destroy their resurrection amulet. Then you return to the British Lord.
images
image from: https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...tpKGOL00-76mE9z-tx-p1pdH_bKsXMkHh2BQvUyfBLUCA
tumblr_le45qtblrg1qeqirko1_5004.jpg
image from: https://ferrebeekeeper.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/tumblr_le45qtblrg1qeqirko1_5004.jpg

Well, here goes nothing:

There's a tale told on the docks of the Caribbean, though it isn't believed to be true. Rumor has it that there was once an island that was scarcely known about, and never successfully investigated. It came to be referred to as "Isla Brumosa", or Misty Island, considering anyone who had ever laid eyes on island had only seen it as a hazy figure in the distance. There have never been any clearer sightings because any unfortunate soul who dared to go explore the island disappeared forever and never returned. Over time people became too scared to seek out the island, fearing that they would meet the same fate as the poor saps that had gone before them.

Recently, a group of Navy soldiers hauled in some pirates who seemed glad to be in custody. On the way to the lock up, they could be heard yelling incoherently about an island that seemed to come out of no where from an eerie fog, with what looked to be a marooned demolished ship on the shore. There was also something in the mix about having seen glowing red eyes cutting through the fog from one of the cliffs.

Now that the tales and rumors have been rekindled, there is a merchant on the docks wanting desperately to know more, but not wanting to risk the venture on his own. Luckily, it's a well known fact that pirates will do anything for the right amount of money. He will pay anyone a large sum if they can go to the island, and return with some evidence of its existence. "Oh, and if ye happen across a demon and manage to miraculously make your way past it, you're sure to become a very well-known lad/lass... what more than fame and riches could a pirate want? Who knows, maybe the demon has some sort of mystical weapon that would be unlike any other!"

399bc47fc33c5e444f562069ca6ebdc1.jpg

Credit goes to Joyce Anne on Pinterest (I don't have an account so this is the closest I could get to posting the direct link)
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/550776229399052557/

Last edited:
Isla De Cenizas (Island of Ashes)
Backstory
The island had been an island of natural beauty with a jungle and beaches. The Island had
been previously claimed by a tribe, with an unknown name and language, but a captain, John
Prisk and his crew stumbled upon the island of beauty and wouldn’t stop for anything until the
island was theirs. A battle erupted in between the crew and the tribe. The battle didn’t last long
and the tribe surrendered into a hidden cave. The crew believed they had won and celebrated
their great victory. One day, during an exploration, the crew discovered an opening of a
cave. Captain Prisk and his crew walked down a long corridor of the cave until they caught sight of a large room. As they approached, they saw a man sitting on a throne of fire and bones. His skin was ash black and his strength and power was shown by his immense size. He had a curved bone pierced into
the columella of his nose and various tattoos on his face, arms, and chest. Before the crew could
speak, they were surrounded by the armed tribe. The crew had become relatively small after the
last battle, as they fought each one of them were killed easily, one by one. When only the captain remained, the man ordered the tribe to set the island ablaze, sacrificing themselves with it. No one can have the island anymore. The island was left in ashes, burnt tree stumps remained and smoke filled the air. The only thing to survive was a sailor boy, the only one who stayed behind on the ship.
Questline
You and your crew have the job of finding the boy, who has found shelter in the caves of the
island. But, the souls of the tribe still remain and their remains have come to life, they won’t let
you reach the boy. In order to be able to defeat the tribe, you must work your way to the tribe
leader and defeat him. Once you have defeated the tribe leader you must explore the winding cave
to find the young boy and return him to his family on the island of Tortuga.

Drawing Images are mine (color one is before the fire, black and white is after)
Other images are from google images...
upload_2016-10-31_0-57-33.png 69dfc76edd19f23adbcacee4cafcfd55.jpg img-thing.jpg upload_2016-10-31_1-7-56.png upload_2016-10-31_1-8-12.png

Not my best idea but I guess it's decent for having a serious case of writer's block:

You know of the Governor of Port Royal as well as his daughter. But have you met the rest of his family? No? Why is that? That's because the rest of his family along with many other upper class citizens live on an island called Poder De Los Ricos (Power to the Rich). But why would they live on a different island than one where a family member is in control? The answer is simple: on Poder De Los Ricos, Pirates are not only frowned upon heavily, they are forbidden to even set foot on the island. The Navy heavily patrols this island and is instructed to capture anyone who is even suspected to be a pirate. The way they tell pirates apart here is based on appearance - rags vs. riches. Poder De Los Ricos is a haven consisting of brick and marble structures, water fountains, statues, and other architectural garnishes fit for the wealthy inhabitants and their preferred lifestyle. The inhabitants appearance is hardly different, with expensive materials, cuff-links, feathers, and gold accents adorning all of their clothing. A person clothed in anything less will surely stick out as a pirate, regardless of if they actually are a pirate or not.

A well known and crafty pirate is fairly interested in a certain artifact that's been contained in a guarded vault somewhere on this island for centuries. He would like go and retrieve this artifact on his own. However, his problem is the fact that he is too well known as a pirate to don a disguise and go ashore here. This is where you come in. This crafty pirate has given you a set of presentable clothes and instructions to find this artifact in return for a reward (and according to him, "you can keep the clothes, they're much too gaudy for my liking"). Will you be able to accomplish his mission? Or will you be thrown in one of the nicest jail cells in the Caribbean?

800px-Royal_Avenue_Belfast2.jpg

Last edited:
For my story island name should be a Mayan name something like Amoxtili or Xumucane .
The island should be a deep jungle and in the center of the island to be an ancient Mayan temple . The main reward ( a sword or some strong armor ) it's locked in the temple . In order to be able to unlock the temple door , players would need to get 5 Mayan key stones which are spread over the island . Some stones could drop from Mayan ghosts which are haunting the island , and some can be found in hidden chests . After the player get all 5 Mayan key stones should place them in the temple door and get access inside the temple , where should be a Mayan sorcerer and his apprentices . After defeating the Mayans player would receive the main reward .

Image was found on www:deviantart.com

2ln7jac.jpg

Isla De Los Amantes (Island of lovers)

Out in the Caribbean, there is an island shaped like a crescent moon with an even smaller semicircle island in the middle. There have bean many tales told about this island. Some are skeptical about it's existence, but all the stories are true. The stories of the goddess of harmony. Of the kraken. Of the sword of chaos and balance. Of the power the sword holds and the wonders that can be seen on the island. The legend of this island is this. There were once 2 lovers. Sailing off the coast of Barbados on their honeymoon. Just barely married and drunkenly happy. Everything was calm until out of nowhere, the sea started churning. mountains of waves crashing down. The lovers were thrown around until they blacked out. They awoke separated on two separate sides of an island. It had a pillar in the center. it was also perfectly round. The lovers walked through the lush green Forrest. Their hearts were so connected that they wandered through the jungle at the same time. Unknown to them, there was a darkness on the island. This darkness consumed the male lover. The exact opposite happened to the female lover. She was raised up to be goddess while her husband was to be the lord of chaos. They met on the pillar in the center. The newly made goddess saw what her husband had become through her new clarity of mind. The lord of chaos started attacking the goddess. They engaged in a battle that shook the seas. The force of their power was so great, it cracked the island in 3. 2 crescent moons and a circular pillar in the middle. The chaos lords part of the island was sunk to be raised again. He dissapeared along with it while the goddesses half of the island stayed above. She was weak after the fight and fell into a deep slumber.

Quest:
Your quest is to reawaken the goddess or fight alongside the lord of chaos. Depending on if you choose to align yourself with the light or not, you will get the sword of chaos, or the sword of light and with the sword of chaos comes a curse of skeletons to always follow you and fight for you, but you are weak during the day.
Tsuki_no_Kuni.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back