Question Crews give loot bonus

Crew increase loot rates as well as xp rates?

• Total voters

ChaBoiJimmy

Buccaneer
There's no point in a max pirate having a crew anymore so I think it'd be cool to give a loot bonus as in upping the drop rate of rare, famed and legendary for people in a crew. This not only gives max pirates a reason to be in a crew but it will give players a reason to loot together instead of looting alone for hours and hours.

Loot is already op imo,

It is for those that have male accounts....and yes I know this first hand. I have looted on my bf's pirate and he gets brights and famed way easier then I do..looting on 3 female pirates of mine. I looted/play way more then he does too, lol.

It is for those that have male accounts....and yes I know this first hand. I have looted on my bf's pirate and he gets brights and famed way easier then I do..looting on 3 female pirates of mine. I looted/play way more then he does too, lol.
I think certain people are just luckier cuz I barely get brights or famed and I spend >6 hours a day at tormenta.

I have 3 female pirates now and I get Brights often , L32 , L39 and L46 . I have more Legendary weapons on my smaller pirates then I do any of my 5 Mastered ! Yep ... never made a female pirate nor a Stubby In all them years on Potco .... thought I'd try it ! lol

It is for those that have male accounts....
Wat8.jpg

This idea could also help prevent leeching.
Crew leaders could remove members not contributing thus reducing their loot.
It would reduce everyone else's loot too but only by 5 percent per person if we use the same crew bonus formula.

Imagine being a captain with some actual authority on your ship. Being able to give orders and have people actually follow them or they get the boot from crew. It wont prevent leeching all together , but it will make the hard working crew feel better about their situation.

I think its just random

There's no point in a max pirate having a crew anymore so I think it'd be cool to give a loot bonus as in upping the drop rate of rare, famed and legendary for people in a crew. This not only gives max pirates a reason to be in a crew but it will give players a reason to loot together instead of looting alone for hours and hours.
So this thread is about this idea which is a good one imho.

A loot bonus for those in crew could also be used to punish people leeching on ships. Booting them from crew would at least reduce their loot

I think the premise of having crews giving loot bonus is a good one especially for sea combat as tiberias said. It would also encourage more collaboration in the game, encouraging players to crew up. That being said, I guess that some people enjoy looting in private and this would impact on their experience of the game. There are also people in other time zones who can only play when most are sleeping, so it would be more difficult for people like them to crew up.

I think the premise of having crews giving loot bonus is a good one especially for sea combat as tiberias said. It would also encourage more collaboration in the game, encouraging players to crew up. That being said, I guess that some people enjoy looting in private and this would impact on their experience of the game. There are also people in other time zones who can only play when most are sleeping, so it would be more difficult for people like them to crew up.
Yeah i dont really loot in private but this would definitely impact those who do
it would also encourage them using alts to get better loot like some people do already

No, there is advantage in sailing and looting with others even at lvl 50 mastered in that you get more kills and thus more loot, it's true that you don't need to crew them but it seems to me that crewing them is a good way to help organize and thus still makes sense. I see no need to push ppl with further incentives and, as has been said, loot is in a fairly good place atm.

But aren't crews beneficial to the others who join the crew, as in leveling and such? Don't lower players benefit from being on crews?
If not, I've had it wrong all this time.

But aren't crews beneficial to the others who join the crew, as in leveling and such? Don't lower players benefit from being on crews?
If not, I've had it wrong all this time.
Everything you said is true but if you are level 50 then none of it applies or matters. Giving level 50 players a reason to crew up would be nice.

Everything you said is true but if you are level 50 then none of it applies or matters. Giving level 50 players a reason to crew up would be nice.
Well, helping others to level even if you are not directly benefiting seems to me to be a worthwhile cause for creating a crew at the time.
But you're correct, joining a crew @ level 50 doesn't seem to have any player development benefits except looting faster.

I'm down with any idea that gives us more loot tbh. It takes so many hours as of now to get Famed and Legendary stuff, unless you're super lucky.

I have found that a lot of level 50's will join a crew to help lowbies with crew bonus. On the downside, giving a loot bonus, and all level 50's join crew just for loot bonus, it won't give lowbies a chance to be in the crew that is now full. I am sure if you ask some level 50's to come join your crew for xp bonus, they'd be happy to do so.

level 50/maxed level pirates already have a built in advantage as they are able to defeat any of the enemies a lot easier and usually have a lot more time in which to do it as you are not worried about quests anymore. The lower level pirates need to crew up many times with a higher level pirate in order to gain the same advantage that the max level pirate has just by having a crew be an option for them.

Back