Critiscm on Legendaries

Xenpurgisnacht

Buccaneer
Now we're done with Hollowed Woods, While it was great and all, while the intention of legendaries are meant to be difficult to obtain, I feel like Hollowed Woods show hows painfully low the drop rate is for legendaries- I spent the entire event on and off farming Dry Rot to only get a handful of famed; no legendary, I don't want this to make me sound salty I didn't get an event-exclusive legend but when famed items have a significantly higher chance to drop ( legendaries have less then a 1% drop rate I believe, correct me otherwise ) and you farm essentially for the entire event to get nothing I think that says something, I know the big thing with the looting community is the satisfaction of getting a legend and you're never guaranteed anything, but I feel like it's less rewarding and way more exhausting when you finally get a legend if the stars and moons align to place RNGeus within your favor, especially if you're just going to go to another boss and start grinding out another legend.

TL;DR - I'm saying I feel like legends should have a slightly higher drop rate. Most of us are either young adults or older teenagers and not everyone has the time to consistently grind out items for days upon days or hours on end.

There will always be players who aren't lucky enough to get a legendary heck I tried for 2 months to get jack sparrow's blade and only got 2 el patrons each month. I would imagine in potco it took even longer to get legendaries so really you're just going to have to try next time and get lucky.

I was under the impression that the Hollowed Woods legendaries have a higher drop rate compared to any other legendaries. I don't know if any devs will confirm this but it felt massively easier to get legendaries from HW than anywhere else.

Finding any legendary is achievable feat given a sufficient amount of time. There are only problems when you introduce the constraint of timed events like we see with Hollowed Woods. Frustrations like yours are why event-exclusive items should be purchasable instead of boss-exclusive.

I was under the impression that the Hollowed Woods legendaries have a higher drop rate compared to any other legendaries. I don't know if any devs will confirm this but it felt massively easier to get legendaries from HW than anywhere else.
Well you can't get el patron and silver freeze so that's probably why it seems easier.

Well you can't get el patron and silver freeze so that's probably why it seems easier.
Well, just any drop rate. Watcher drops more legendaries I think than any other boss, even if you include patron and silver freeze at other bosses. We know that they can and have changed up drop rates for HW bosses as seen with Winshadow but I don't know if they've done anything to watcher. I'd be surprised if they didn't. They probably saw these weapons are event exclusive and timed legendaries that you can only get in a certain period of time so they might've upped the rates.

This is a touchy conversation or comment to put out there because it may sound like I am whining because I did not get a legendary drop well truthfully that is the farthest thing on my mind. What I am more concerned about is how the drops have been happening, I continue to hear the same people getting "lucky", also "lucky" repeats of them not just at Hallowed Woods, but throughout the Caribbean. It concerns me to think the developers will not look into this as a bug, but consider it a whine from someone who was not "lucky". I have seen people on forums with the same concern and get a response to the effect of "sorry you weren't lucky, maybe next time" This is no longer RNG . I think its a bug and should be looked at. I hope you do look into it as a different option than "not being lucky"

This is a touchy conversation or comment to put out there because it may sound like I am whining because I did not get a legendary drop well truthfully that is the farthest thing on my mind. What I am more concerned about is how the drops have been happening, I continue to hear the same people getting "lucky", also "lucky" repeats of them not just at Hallowed Woods, but throughout the Caribbean. It concerns me to think the developers will not look into this as a bug, but consider it a whine from someone who was not "lucky". I have seen people on forums with the same concern and get a response to the effect of "sorry you weren't lucky, maybe next time" This is no longer RNG . I think its a bug and should be looked at. I hope you do look into it as a different option than "not being lucky"
There’s no bug. The people who are getting lucky each time are almost always the ones who spend the most time looting. “Unlucky” players and those who think their accounts have been afflicted by a bug typically overestimate or just overstate how much looting they’ve actually done.

Honestly I suspect some sort of loot bug. There is a player that got 7 this year and I asked him how many Haunted Bones he had, it turned out that he had about 300 more than me which I was shocked at. I feel I came close to looting as much as he but our legendary output was 7 to zero, I just think that the odds of that being from a random distribution are very, very, very close to zero. Something is amiss.

Honestly I suspect some sort of loot bug. There is a player that got 7 this year and I asked him how many Haunted Bones he had, it turned out that he had about 300 more than me which I was shocked at. I feel I came close to looting as much as he but our legendary output was 7 to zero, I just think that the odds of that being from a random distribution are very, very, very close to zero. Something is amiss.
It’s actually more unlikely that there wouldn’t be a few exceptional cases like that. Out of the hundreds of people who got thousands of bones this year, a few of them will get extremely lucky and a few others will get extremely unlucky.

Haven't looted a legendary in over a year besides the Tspine I lost 3 or 4 months ago (doesn't count as looted since I don't have it in my inventory).. I've been looting bosses for months on end, Leveling pirates, All of the stuff people tell me too doo. Still waiting on that Legendary.. Id be happy to loot an EL PATRON for crying out loud.. I really believe there's some sorta bug at this point.

once leaderboards come out everyone will see that all the "lucky" players are the ones at the top with the most kills

It’s actually more unlikely that there wouldn’t be a few exceptional cases like that. Out of the hundreds of people who got thousands of bones this year, a few of them will get extremely lucky and a few others will get extremely unlucky.
No, random don’t work that way in small samples. I don’t mean to say that there is anything wrong with either my or the opposite results in themselves but when you put them together it; while very, extremely remotely possible; just don’t jibe and you and so many others saying it does simply doesn’t change the facts. There were at most only a few hundred players that looked for HW legendaries much and some got crazy luck, so crazy that it just is flat not believable. It happened too many times for it to be properly random.

No, random don’t work that way in small samples. I don’t mean to say that there is anything wrong with either my or the opposite results in themselves but when you put them together it; while very, extremely remotely possible; just don’t jibe and you and so many others saying it does simply doesn’t change the facts. There were at most only a few hundred players that looked for HW legendaries much and some got crazy luck, so crazy that it just is flat not believable. It happened too many times for it to be properly random.
A couple hundred players is not so small a sample size that edge cases at a 0.1-1% probability would become effectively impossible. Trust me, ‘random’ does work that way. These forums have a gift for misunderstanding basic probability.

A couple hundred players is not so small a sample size that edge cases at a 0.1-1% probability would become effectively impossible. Trust me, ‘random’ does work that way. These forums have a gift for misunderstanding basic probability.
I certainly do not trust you, lol, do you sell used cars for a living? I don’t say that there is a problem, the results I’ve seen are certainly possible. It’s just that they seem extremely improbable. It’s been my experience that when things don’t seem right they usually aren’t but I will concede that I’ve seen a lot and some times the reality is not as one would predict. I can’t say for certain that something is wrong but I just can’t shake the feeling. I’m not sure if it’s some getting way too many or some getting nothing or even that some get items that should have gone to a different player or maybe it’s nothing and everything is fine???

I think we all agree that extremely unlucky means you got nothing but what exactly qualifies as extremely lucky? How many is so many that it would seem impossible?

Last edited:
If it's not luck and the odds are unrealistically in ones favor, then the possibility of 3rd party cheats, to faking screenshots could be considered. There are plenty of knowledgeable people who post on the forums that at times revealed a knowing far beyond the normal mortal. Can't trust screenshots much any more. There's always some darkside to games.

Back