Question Curse of the Muertos Moon

squintz

Pirate Lord
Hmmm. I wonder if this year the dev's will give us the Oct. 31 curse event. I believe the image of roger in the moon during invasions is also from the potco oct 31st curse event where any pirate caught outdoors when the full moon appears becomes a undead and forced to attack his/her friends and just about anything that moves.
I'm pretty sure we did not have that last year.
It sounds like a lot of fun.

I wasn't on here for last year's October event (if there was one) but this sounds like it would be fun to have if it happened this year!

It already happened this year. It literally happened just yesterday.

This is a screenshot from last night
Zombie.png

It was only announced that it was happening in game so you might of missed it.

Weird. I just stumbled on it on the wiki and all the stuff is dated 2012 or not at all. They really need to do a better job of dating their additions to a wiki. I was busy and didn't see anything about this event. Guess they sprung it on us after not doing it for a while.

Hmm thats Port Royal not Tortuga, when will it happen again because I was at a Port Royal invasion yesterday and it did not happen then?

Hmm thats Port Royal not Tortuga, when will it happen again because I was at a Port Royal invasion yesterday and it did not happen then?
@Bess Tackstealer
I'm not sure the moon thing is related to invasions themselves. I think it's a different semi random event which has something to do with the full moon I believe. Jollys image on the moon is used for invasions and the moon curse maybe more.

Weird. I just stumbled on it on the wiki and all the stuff is dated 2012 or not at all. They really need to do a better job of dating their additions to a wiki. I was busy and didn't see anything about this event. Guess they sprung it on us after not doing it for a while.

The Wiki has been outdated for quite a while...

Hmmm. I wonder if this year the dev's will give us the Oct. 31 curse event. I believe the image of roger in the moon during invasions is also from the potco oct 31st curse event where any pirate caught outdoors when the full moon appears becomes a undead and forced to attack his/her friends and just about anything that moves.
I'm pretty sure we did not have that last year.
It sounds like a lot of fun.
It was in tlopo last year, I think it lasted about a week but I'm not sure about that. I suspect that it will be happening for a while now if it already started, I saw the announcement that the moon was full and went sailing right away to avoid it, never much cared for it.

Hi, grammar patrol here.
It's "might've" (a contraction, where 2 words are merged together, with an apostrophe) or "might have" (the 2 words not merged together). "Might of" makes no sense grammatically speaking.
You're welcome!
:p

And, just in case,

a·pos·tro·phe

əˈpästrəfē/
noun
noun: apostrophe; plural noun: apostrophes

a punctuation mark ( ’ ) used to indicate either possession (e.g., Harry's book ; boys' coats ) or the omission of letters or numbers (e.g., can't ; he's ; class of ’99 ).

That means it's not used in plurals, as in "TVs", (not "TV's"), to denote more than 1 item being referenced.

And once again, you're (oh look, there's a contraction right now! "You" and "are" together becomes you're! Wow, am I right?!?) welcome!

Sarcasm bro or sis, sarcasm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not really certain theres a set schedule for it. Been a whole year since the last time this happened lol. I heard/saw a screen about this event happening once last week though. Haven't heard anything about it since though. I think its coming out (happening more often) closer to the end of this month though..

Im not really certain theres a set schedule for it. Been a whole year since the last time this happened lol. I heard/saw a screen about this event happening once last week though. Haven't heard anything about it since though. I think its coming out (happening more often) closer to the end of this month though..
I think the moon thing has happened a couple of times now. I keep missing it somehow as the green mist and stuff is gone. Then again, if I see the moon curse on the screen when I log on, I run screaming like a little girl to the closest tavern.
Either I'm too drunk from rum, or I was successful in hiding, it's over when I go out again.

Same thing here @Bess Tackstealer . doesnt help that i am in europe and the time zones already sever a lot of events off from me, and when they do happen, the server population is rather poor and frankly just make the events pointless at those times.

Back