Glitch Damage in SvS is broken...

tlonge

Honorable Pirate
I've actually mentioned this a couple times in release note threads but I think they were drowned out by the other replies... Anyways, SvS damage is broken currently. Everything functions as though there is permanent "Take Cover" active. Broadsides do 24 damage, fury 43 and explosive 73. Thunderbolt does about 124 I think. Yikes.

Also, in many cases, you cannot see your own damage numbers after hitting an opposing ship in SvS, regardless of ammo used.

Damage in SvS has been finicky since 1.4.0. Hoping this thread will draw attention to the bug — myself (and I'm sure many other players) would appreciate it being fixed!

Now (1.4.4) all damage dealt to the enemy ship is registered by the game (enemy ship actually gets hurt), however the damage numbers don't pop up and quests requiring you to deal damage to the enemy don't recognize that you've dealt damage. The damage receiver sees the damage (reduced to take cover levels) but the attacker doesn't.

Now (1.4.4) all damage dealt to the enemy ship is registered by the game (enemy ship actually gets hurt), however the damage numbers don't pop up and quests requiring you to deal damage to the enemy don't recognize that you've dealt damage. The damage receiver sees the damage (reduced to take cover levels) but the attacker doesn't.

I've talked with one of the Devs and they said that it is in their bug repository, but for it to get more attention / higher priority, more folks have to report the SvS damage glitch.

Pretty sure fury should be doing more than 43 damage per shot.

rip.

Bump

Can confirm still doesn't work on 1.5.3

Sally Nobones of Tides of War
AKA: Xidandu

My friends and I are also having this problem. Even after 1.5.3, cannon and broadside damage in SvS has been doing significantly less. Open fire fury is doing 43 each, explosive 73 each, thunder bolt about 124 each (broadsides). Ammo from cannon only does very slight more. We are also having the issue of not being able to see the damage we do to each other's ships. My ship is a fully upgraded Skull and Crossbones War Galleon and my bf's ship is a fully upgraded Skull and Crossbones War Brig, so I know how much damage their broadsides do (a lot)! Please help!

~Anne Darkwraith lvl 36 of Tides of War

Back