Damage Miscalculation [Video]

I think what is happening is that the client side damage (which is 817 in the video for the first shot) is not being synced with server damage, so RNG is choosing two different numbers, one on client and server. Critical shots and misses also do not sync as I have seen from my play, but this is just a theory.

I notice this especially with grenades, where 2 different damage values appear simultaneously at times.
The total damage dealt by grenades and other weapons is sometimes enough to knock out 2 or 3 foe at a particular level, yet the foe still stands.
Beta is as beta does...
Savor it!

I started going through the different weapon types a while ago, trying to get this stuff synced up (then got distracted by some other shiny code, and haven't had a chance to get back to it).

Looking back, I did make some changes to sync up the doll. Not 100% sure now, but I *believe* the targeted weapons (sword, gun, dagger) were already OK, at least for the cases I tried. Pretty sure I never got as far as staffs and nades, so there's a good chance those are out of whack.

If anyone has any SPECIFIC info on weapon usage that is currently async, please feel free to post it here.

Thanks!
Dean

Back