Dare to be a True Scoundrel of the Seas! (06/28/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiah Ropeswine

Wanted Pirate
Despite all odds recently, Pirates are enjoying many victories – discovering Blackbeard’s Sword of Triton, rescuing the Marceline GMs out from under the Navy’s nose, even successfully challenging the deadly Queen Anne’s Revenge herself.

A golden time for Pirates indeed… but alas, our enemies have had enough and they mean to make a Pirate’s life on the high seas a most risky business.
Up for the challenge?

Set sail and your seafaring Pirate activities will now get you noticed by enemy ships. Aggravate the Navy, EITC or Ghost ships and find yourself surrounded by swift enemy reinforcements.

Prove yourself a real threat at sea and fearsome Pirate Bounty Hunters will next be dispatched to hunt you down!

For the most daring Pirates, keep your cannons firing and soon islands fearful of your reputation will even close their ports to your anchor.

blog_scoundrel2011.jpg

The risk is great and the challenge steep, but a Pirate’s bounty at sea beckons as you battle and evade your way to legendary “Scoundrel of Seas” status!

Scoundrel Levels

Level 1 - Nautical Bane
Enemy ships take note of your seafaring activities.

Level 2 - Maritime Menace
Prove yourself a threat at sea and expect backup muscle from the enemy.

Level 3 – Pirate at Large
Bounty Hunter ships actively hunt and hound your notorious ship.

Level 4 – Rogue on the Run
Fearful islands close their ports to you and the chase is on!

http://blog.piratesonline.go.com/blog/pirates/entry/dare_to_be_a_true

I only got to see a few minutes of it before the game froze and crashed. I agree Leo I've been watching them install screwed up untested updates for years, I'd much rather see them fix issues such as lag and crash issues before adding new content. So far from what I've read about this new update my only objection is it doesn't allow us to opt out of it when we go sailing. With Invasions, Treasure Fleets, and the QA's Revenge we don't have to participate if we choose not to. I can see this update being a nightmare for lower level pirates at sea and as I've been trying to encourage some of my guild members to level up their sailing skills I can only see this as further discouraging them from wanting to sail.

I don't think this will discourage low levels form sailing. I don't think lvl 40 frigates will come hit you where all the level 1 ferrets are. I see the sea is seperates between navy,undead ship, low and high levels.

:ahoy:Hoot

Off Topic...
The positive of this update is that it brings a lot of players closer in the communities to share their opinions and ideas...(68 members on):)

The negative is that most of the players are starting to hate the developers and making them(the players) angry towards the game:(

Ps:I think there should be a new thread regarding the game being down because the latest comments are not about this update but instead about the game crashing.

I don't think this will discourage low levels form sailing. I don't think lvl 40 frigates will come hit you where all the level 1 ferrets are. I see the sea is seperates between navy,undead ship, low and high levels.

Actually they WILL go after the low levels. I was leveling a lv 5 on test near Tortuga to see if they would and a war sloop bountyhunter came after it and sunk it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back