Facebook Post Database Issues 2/7/2018

In the spirit of transparency, we feel that it would be best to make a public statement regarding the issues players were experiencing on our servers today.

Starting at 7:09AM, all operations on the server - such as a character creations - failed to be written to the database. This issue was caused by a bug in the database software we use, and a patch has recently became available.

However, it is worth mentioning that this issue is incredibly uncommon - in fact, we've only ever experienced this issue twice. And when this issue occurs, it usually is able to be fixed with a simple rollback, typically only resulting in a few hours of lost progress.

This is the exact same issue that we experienced one month ago. Considering this is now the second time we've seen this, we have labeled this as a critical priority. We will be working to implement this patch into our servers, and it will be included in an update in the very near future.

As a result of this issue, we had to roll back the database to midnight on February 7th at midnight EST. This has resulted in approx. 12 hours of lost progress. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

As a side note, this issue is not related to our recent invasions update.

The rollback... I'm happy for you guys bringing the game back and all, but... I literally went into tears after getting back on.
In the original, I had never found a legendary weapon, but yesterday that had changed, while sailing I managed to find not only a vast collection of famed weapons, but also the Legendary Silver Freeze. This was my first ever Legendary in my history of Pirates Online. Unfortunately this rollback not only caused me to lose all the various famed I had collected while sailing, but my first ever Legendary as well...

The rollback... I'm happy for you guys bringing the game back and all, but... I literally went into tears after getting back on.
In the original, I had never found a legendary weapon, but yesterday that had changed, while sailing I managed to find not only a vast collection of famed weapons, but also the Legendary Silver Freeze. This was my first ever Legendary in my history of Pirates Online. Unfortunately this rollback not only caused me to lose all the various famed I had collected while sailing, but my first ever Legendary as well...
That sucks but they can't do anything about it, here's hoping you find those weapons again in the future

Did this update affect load screens at all, i seem to have a sudden spring up of infinite load screens and pvp black screens?
I dont do PVP or SVS but I would like to add (for the record) I also had a infinite loadscreen crop up recently.
But it was during the GM event/invasion testso I presumed it was a one off.
I really wish I could play TLOPO more often but I thought I will just add this observation here :)

Back