Dating On Potco?

Dating On POTCO yes or no?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a thread thats on the other forum.In a relatively short time its had 1700 views.Check it out it's been moved to Pirates Pauly. The thread is When did pirates become a dating service. I would have liked to put a different title but i would have been banned.

well I know there are bad ppl and then there are good ppl.

But i experienced this scenario many times, and im an adult:

boy says to me "you be my girlfriend and help me level!"

I say "ok what you need?"

Then i follow him around with my doll all day and help him on his quest and leveling.

But reading this makes me wonder if im doing anything wrong?

Should i start teaching him that im not his girlfriend but just a friend, when he hardly undstands the words?

Its a touchy topic and I think a lot of people are reluctant to post their thoughts on it.

Maybe they are the ones playing their own game.
EDIT (Nov 17, 2010 10:07 PM):
well I know there are bad ppl and then there are good ppl.

But i experienced this scenario many times, and im an adult:

boy says to me "you be my girlfriend and help me level!"

I say "ok what you need?"

Then i follow him around with my doll all day and help him on his quest and leveling.

But reading this makes me wonder if im doing anything wrong?

Should i start teaching him that im not his girlfriend but just a friend, when he hardly undstands the words?

Just say i'll help you while i can and move on.

I have a thread thats on the other forum.In a relatively short time its had 1700 views.Check it out it's been moved to Pirates Pauly. The thread is When did pirates become a dating service. I would have liked to put a different title but i would have been banned.
Is there anyway you can post a link cause i cant find it o.e

You're welcome, BTW its Pirates Parley not Pirates Pauly Had a devil of a time finding it. Was looking for a thread not a parrot. BTW Pauly says "Pauly wanna cracker!" :parrot:

Looking for guy to put up with an extremely outspoken girl, has to love animals (well lots of animals), just kidding, I do get asked so many times a day, will you be my gf?, I just say, you get past these two, stormy&bubby.jpg
maybe you got a chance, they are an excellent judge of character. ;)

Looking for guy to put up with an extremely outspoken girl, has to love animals (well lots of animals), just kidding, I do get asked so many times a day, will you be my gf?, I just say, you get past these two, View attachment 665
maybe you got a chance, they are an excellent judge of character. ;)

Fred is looking down from Animal Heaven lol
EDIT (Nov 18, 2010 1:15 AM):
You're welcome, BTW its Pirates Parley not Pirates Pauly Had a devil of a time finding it. Was looking for a thread not a parrot. BTW Pauly says "Pauly wanna cracker!" :parrot:

Must have thinking of Bella's bird.Thanks again! It's been a long long day.

Will White posted:
Dating oon potco doesn't hurt anyone at all although it is true there
People looking for a realationship in a game will just look for another one later . I don't think most adults are looking for a romance in Pirates. Anyway I would hope not.

Depends on what you define as dating. I don't consider most of the flirting back and forth that I see in game as dating. Now if the situation begins to develop into a relationship then yes I would call that dating. If the chat and behavior becomes inappropriate for the mixed age groups in POTCO then I do have a problem with that. Especially if its in public chat. I don't think that most adults who meet in POTCO and form relationships came here looking for relationships. Friendships develop and sometimes they become relationships. Coming to an online game looking for relationships is I believe a symptom of some serious issues. But relationships do happen online. I also disagree that it doesn't hurt anyone, people who get involved in relationships online can get hurt just as they can in real world relationships. Not saying that its all bad but it does carry risks.

John Hooksilver posted:
You can be friends all you want, but you should be taking your dateing someplace else & turn it into a reality if it can go that far.

I've been in where people meet & things happen & they get feelings for each other, or they think they do. This is when you need to take it someplace else more appropriate, & into real life. Meeting someone special can happen. I know of at least 2 people in my StarWars Guild that met in game but they did the right thing & took thier feelings into reality the way it should be done, & really got married in real life. Doing it this way is ok if it goes that far.
You can't really get to know somone in a game. You must find other ways of contact & take it from there, & out of game.
I agree John and this is one of the reasons why I believe that most people are reluctant to discuss this topic because it does involve taking it outside the game which would mean breaking the Disney rules in exchanging contact info.

Liz posted:
People say that now you can get banned from POTCO just for staying too close to ppl...
I believe that there would have to be other behaviors and actions involved before Disney would issue a ban if your avi was standing too close to other Avi's. Inappropriate behavior.

HartOnFire posted:
By reading alot of these stories in here, it sounds like potc is a playground for twisted minded ppl. Is it really such a game with more bad ppl then good?
No not all bad people but the anonymity of the internet can bring out some of the worst behaviors in people, Some people will say and do things on the internet that they would never dare if they were face to face with others in real life. POTCO is no different in that regard..

Lets stop using the word dating just for a minute and use another word It's called Cheating. I personally know pirates who are married in real life that are messing around big time. I could personally name them but i won't. Both men and women. I hate to say this about my own gender but the women are worse then the men for making moves.Very aggressive and very crafty in how they do it. This is one of the reasons i left a few guilds. It became a big joke.

Lets stop using the word dating just for a minute and use another word It's called Cheating. I personally know pirates who are married in real life that are messing around big time. I could personally name them but i won't. Both men and women. I hate to say this about my own gender but the women are worse then the men for making moves.Very aggessive and very crafty in how they do it. This is one of the reasons i left a few guilds. It became a big joke.

What's wrong with people?!

I really don't understand it myself and whats worse is it doesen't seem to bother the ones that are doing it. Someone said to me it's like reading a novel.What?????
EDIT (Nov 18, 2010 2:28 AM):

I really don't understand it myself and whats worse is it doesen't seem to bother the ones that are doing it. Someone said to me it's like reading a novel.What?????

Molly McSilver posted:
Lets stop using the word dating just for a minute and use another word It's called Cheating. I personally know pirates who are married in real life that are messing around big time.

This is one of the reasons i left a few guilds. It became a big joke.
Reminds me of something that happened in one of my former guilds. A pirate who was cheating on his wife with a lady pirate who was cheating on her husband got abusive when the lady pirate dumped him for another pirate who happened to be cheating on his wife. Caused a lot of drama in guild.

I've seen a lot of this in Potco as well, I wouldn't however go so far as to say that all people who meet and get into relationships in game are doing this.

EDIT (Nov 18, 2010 2:28 AM):

A novel? Not a good excuse. If people want something that's like reading a novel then....well....read a novel! :facepalm:

101 responses so far. A lot to read. Since I am not looking for a romance in the game or outside of the game I really don't want to be involved in this kind of activity. I thought anyone that ask me to a gf was a small child, our Avatars do look like barbie and ken dolls. Eye Candy. But being an adult it would seem silly to ask some one to be my bf. During valentines a lot of pirates where standing real close to each other and quit a few pirates objected to it and said they would be reported and lose there account. I believed it was true but don't know of anyone that this happened to. obviously they would have lost their account and not been on line to tell about it. Who knows ? I guess if enough ppl complained about some activity some one could lose their account. ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back