Dating On Potco?

Dating On POTCO yes or no?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember being horrified the first time I heard of a pirate wedding. I remember proposing to Lucinda, soon after. (She said yes!)

The reality of human interactions, though, is that when you spend most every day with someone, you do build a real relationship. Sometimes, as you get to know each other, this can grow into something much bigger. I've gotta say that I'm very happy in the real-life relationship I'm in now, that started so innocently on POTCO.

Sorry to hear about you and Timothy, HartOnFire. More fish in the ocean. I hear all the pirate lasses whispering about that hunk Remington, these days. (And man, I'm jealous of his boots! The clothes do make the man!)

I agree with you Edward. When playing a game over a period of time with the same people you do build somewhat of a relationship with them. We are all human and have feelings. I am not just talking about "realationships" I have come close to many people in the game male/female who I care about and consider them great friends.

I think the difference is when you are an adult verses a child. When it is two mutual adults and something like this happens what is wrong with it? I don't think many people go on this game just to find a "relationship" Most of us here like myself are here to play a game and have fun.

I mean I flirt, but I really don't care about dating on potco tho. I hate it when lvl 2 noobs yell in caps "I NEED A BOY!!!" or "I NEED A HOT CHICK!!!" its annoying. But me, I flirt with the high levels even tho I'm lvl 16. They like it when I flirt with them sometimes :p

I mean I flirt, but I really don't care about dating on potco tho. I hate it when lvl 2 noobs yell in caps "I NEED A BOY!!!" or "I NEED A HOT CHICK!!!" its annoying. But me, I flirt with the high levels even tho I'm lvl 16. They like it when I flirt with them sometimes :p

Hahaha, flirting is harmful but yea dating hmmm, and also i have seen low level pirates asking if anyone would be there mum, dad,brother or sister LOL I even got asked once to be someones mum ,what tha ......

Hahaha, flirting is harmful but yea dating hmmm, and also i have seen low level pirates asking if anyone would be there mum, dad,brother or sister LOL I even got asked once to be someones mum ,what tha ......

That is just wow! I thought the asking to be a slave was the topper but I think that wins out!

Angel that is funny. I have also had someone ask me the same thing.
Shortly after I started playing the game two members of the guild I use to be in got "pirate married" and then asked me if I would be there pirate child.
Talk about awkward! :eek:

finally, Rose, ty for saying something about this, and no, no, NO, it drives me nuts, cant even stand near the dock for a second without someone asking if i will be their gf, and even got a, will you be my gf and bf (huh?), and good grief, even a girl asked me out. I just want to play POTC. I dont flirt, never have, never will, to busy, staying out of jail, to stand there and talk about stuff like that. Dont girls realize, guys walk up to the next girl, say same thing, not to mention the girls do the same thing? Whats the sense in that? Not getting it. :confused:

finally, Rose, ty for saying something about this, and no, no, NO, it drives me nuts, cant even stand near the dock for a second without someone asking if i will be their gf, and even got a, will you be my gf and bf (huh?), and good grief, even a girl asked me out. I just want to play POTC. I dont flirt, never have, never will, to busy, staying out of jail, to stand there and talk about stuff like that. Dont girls realize, guys walk up to the next girl, say same thing, not to mention the girls do the same thing? Whats the sense in that? Not getting it. :confused:

You must be standing on Tortuga Abassa? I don't get that either. That drives me nuts. That is why I stay away from that place.

Gomez that is funny. Dada huh? lol

well, i used to hang out with tia alot. don't know if you could call it dates, lets face it, not alot to do on the pantano river. besides her pet gator didn't like me much. always had to watch me backside when hanging with tia. now don't get wrong, she's a real sweet heart, but when she turned that guy on ravens cove into a chicken i really got cold feet. wish we had a dear abby in spania. you know someone i could talk to about this. confused:confused:

you are so funny capt kid, lol, what i really want to know, is did you ever find the famed Barbie doll?
EDIT (Nov 10, 2010 11:50 PM):

oh, i am rolling on the floor laughing, i forgot about those times! I saw that happen a couple times during invasions, and i was like, jeez settle down gf, play a little hard to get! :p

i got to thinking about this Angel, I have been asked this question a few times, will you be my mum? Actually it took me a little by surprise, the bf, gf, thing, i just laugh off, but this, made me kind of wonder, if this was some kind of cry for help from maybe a younger kid. I never answered them, but think back should i have? Get involved, dont get involved, dont know what to think on that one. I have this protective nature about me, but as i have been told many times, it can get me into trouble. (take that back, has got me in trouble, lol), but not sure about this. Any other thoughts on this subject?

I never answer them back either , i once had a guy that was asking everyone in tortuga if anyone seen his son and i didnt know whether he meant real life son or just online son, but he was absolutely distressed because this supposingly son deleted the guy off his friend list and this guy was devastated saying oh god ive lost my son, he is gone.I messaged him and asked him what happened and it ended up being not his real son but just a son in the pirate game. I can understand girls doing it but boys doing it is a little strange.
I think maybe for the little kids,role playing might be fun for them i guess, but yea i just never know what to say when they ask.

I've had someone jokingly ask to be my pirate daughter. JUST SAY NO. If they are old enough to understand it as a joke - and keep it as a joke, they won't be weird enough to make such a weird request. If they do ask, they have serious issues that need professional help...not anything you or I could somehow provide. If they really have no parents, who is paying for their internet? If they really are missing a parent, PRETENDING for them can only worsen their adaptive development.

I don't see as much of the adoption thing on POTCO in my view its just plain creepy and an open invitation for predators in game. I was a moderater in another game. That game had the ability to gift items and game money to other players. With the gifting came the begging, groups of players becoming permanent beggars. The adoption thing was a spin off of the begging with players usually young teens going around trying to talk like babies and looking for more advanced and wealthy players to adopt them so they could beg for expensive items and game money.

I've had someone jokingly ask to be my pirate daughter. JUST SAY NO. If they are old enough to understand it as a joke - and keep it as a joke, they won't be weird enough to make such a weird request. If they do ask, they have serious issues that need professional help...not anything you or I could somehow provide. If they really have no parents, who is paying for their internet? If they really are missing a parent, PRETENDING for them can only worsen their adaptive development.

you are right Edward, I agree, it saddens me, but i know the type of help is something that should not be found online, but should be found, from school counciling, or within their community, actually, finding this sort of help online could lead to a dangerous situation to unsuspecting children. The flirting stuff is normal teenage goings on, the need to find a mother or father figure, goes a bit deeper than that, hopefully they find the help they need, and it is not from some stranger online.
EDIT (Nov 11, 2010 2:56 AM):
I don't see as much of the adoption thing on POTCO in my view its just plain creepy and an open invitation for predators in game. I was a moderater in another game. That game had the ability to gift items and game money to other players. With the gifting came the begging, groups of players becoming permanent beggars. The adoption thing was a spin off of the begging with players usually young teens going around trying to talk like babies and looking for more advanced and wealthy players to adopt them so they could beg for expensive items and game money.

that is another good point you bring up, several men told me of certain girls who would do things on cam if they would pay for their monthly premiums, now to me that should be reported, definately, as bad behavior that definately sounds creepy. Just think of what their parents would think if they knew what was going on.

like yoville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back