Guide Deckcrash's Guide to Access the POTCO Website and Launcher after the Closure

T

Tobias Deckcrash

Deckcrash's Guide to Access the POTCO Website and Launcher after the Closure

(This thread is subject to heavy updating and changes)
Hello Forums, TLOPO and POTCO fans/community! Today, I've uncovered and will be sharing an intriguing method on how to access the POTCO website after the closing of the game. This entire tutorial is completely safe, as I've tested every feature to ensure your privacy. Yes, this is a legitimate tutorial for anyone who wants a nostalgia trip! And yes, this tutorial will be auto-updating, meaning, I will be keeping a tab on the thread to show whether this tutorial still functions or not. Without further adieu, let's get started.

First you will you want to download this file: [Last Updated On: 10/14/16]

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e7ibkb10w929sht/Deckcrash's+Website+Guide.zip

The file was uploaded by me, so you do not have to worry about it originating from an un-trusted source.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INFO:

(Continue here if you downloaded the file)

After downloading this file, open it, and it should open a folder with many text files. To view the links you will need to access the POTCO website, open the file titled, "Deckcrash's Website Archive". Inside this file, there will be many links, these links will have a year and "[ ]" following them, with information that is inside the brackets.

The year next to the link, is the year of the POTCO website. Take for example the first link; it has "2006" next to it. This simply means, that the year of that specified link, will take you to the 2006 POTCO website
(I have done my best to archive 2006 through 2013 of the POTCO website for this community).

Inside the file, there should also be brackets that look like, "[ ]", inside of the file, with information on it's interior. This information displays the status of the link. If it is broken, then the brackets will say "[Broken]". If the text file is earlier into the year that it was archived in, then it will say, [Early]. I will create an index that shows this information so it may be used as a reference.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ACCESSING THE WEBSITE: (STATUS: WORKING) [Updated on 10/14/16]

Now I will teach you how to access every single link in my text file through a process of steps.

1. Open the folder that you downloaded, titled, "Deckcrash's Website Guide".

2. Open the text file that is titled, "Deckcrash's Website Archive".

3. Copy any link throughout the entire text file (I recommend copying one that is working).

4. Open your browser and paste the link you copied into the area where typically you see the link to a website.

5. Normally, the link should load and direct you to the year of the archived link that you asked for.

These are the general steps that you must follow in order to access the website. If by some chance a link that is branded as working, is actually broken for you. In the "replies" section of the thread, tell me the name of the browser you use and the entire link (including the year and status of it)! If it turns out to be broken, I will update the files and it will be fixed.

Notice: The website is not restored to the exact way it was before the closure of the game. I restored as much of the website as possible and did my best to uncover lost news posts. Please, at least be grateful that you now have a way to access the website once again. But just as a warning, it is VERY buggy and VERY broken.
DOWNLOADING THE POTCO LAUNCHER: (STATUS: WORKING) [Updated on 10/14/16]

It's time to teach how to recover the launcher! This process is rather simple, as it only requires a few steps and some knowledge of links. I will describe how to re-download the POTCO launcher through steps:

1. Open the text file in the folder you downloaded, titled, "POTCO Launcher Download".

2. Navigate to this here savvy website: https://archive.org/web/ <-- (This site should be in the document).

3. From the text file, there should be 2 links inside of it. One of the links contains the Windows Setup, and the other contains the Mac Setup. Copy the link of the one you want.

4. Next, on the website that you had opened up (archive.org), there should be a long horizontal box across the top of the screen that simply says, "http://". Click on the box, and then paste the link of the POTCO Setup that you want to install into your computer.

5. Once you've pasted it, click on the "Browse History" button (this should bring you to a new page).

6. If you've completed these instructions correctly, you should be on a page that appears similar to a calendar. Next, below the horizontal box, there should be info that appears like this, "Saved 2 times between May 16, 2012 and May 23, 2013." To download the POTCO Setup, click on either May 16, 2012 or May 13, 2013.

7. If done correctly, you should have installed the version of the POTCO Setup that you wanted. After you installed it, open it, and run through the installation process.

8. Now you have installed the launcher and the POTCO folder to your computer. You can simply attempt to open it at the area you installed it to and browse through the folder files.

If you followed this entire tutorial correctly, you should have properly installed the POTCO launcher to your computer as well as the Disney folder associated with it. This process does not install the original game .dll's or phase files.

Notice: The launcher does not open because it does not have the ability to connect to the Disney POTCO server and install data (obviously). Please be happy that you now have the ability to even say that you posses the launcher (if you had deleted it).
ACCESSING THE CLOSURE LETTER: (STATUS: WORKING) [Updated on 10/14/16]

In order to access the closure letter, follow these steps:

1. Open the, "Deckcrash's Website Guide", folder (the one you downloaded).

2. Open the, "POTCO Closure Letter", text file.

3. Copy the link inside the file.

4. Open your browser and paste the link into the area where you typically see links in your browser.

If this is completed correctly, it should bring you to the closure letter on the POTCO website.
ACCESSING THE CREATE AN ACCOUNT MENU: (STATUS: UNFIXABLE AND BROKEN) [Updated on 10/14/16]

In order to access the Create an Account menu, follow these steps:

2. Open the, "POTCO Create Account Menu", text file.

4. Open your browser and paste the link into the area where you typically see links in your browser.

If this is completed correctly, it should bring you to the Create an Account menu on the POTCO website.

Last edited by a moderator:
CONCLUSION:

Thank you all that read this far or even participated in the instructions to the tutorial. If you have encountered any problems with my guide, send me a private message or reply on the thread and I will do my best to assist you through it. If you enjoyed the guide or participated in it, make sure to leave a like! :)
NEWS:

-This is the section where I will post any new information on the downloads, links, or information. I am going to attempt to recover some news posts from the POTCO site, but it is not confirmed as of yet. If some of you smarties have possibly discovered a new feature in the website, send me a private message and it might be in the next update with credits to your find!

---
News (10/14/15):
•Released the Guide thread!
•Basic tutorial downloads released to the public.
•Added the starting terms to the INDEX section.
INDEX:

-This is the section containing the definition to every term or new term in the download folder.

-If there is a link in the folder without a term, that simply means that it works fine without a necessary brand.

[Early]- Early into the year it was released on (around months January through June).

[Late]- Later into the year it was released on (around months July through December).

[Working]- The link in the file is working as of the last update.

[Broken]- The link in the file is broken as of the last update.

[Barely Works]- Functions properly with some minor problems.

[Redirected]- Discovered when navigating away from the starting link.

[Unfixable]- Impossible to be fixed (according to Deckcrash).

Deckcrash's Guide to Access the POTCO Website and Launcher after the Closure

(This thread is subject to heavy updating and changes)
Hello Forums, TLOPO and POTCO fans/community! Today, I've uncovered and will be sharing an intriguing method on how to access the POTCO website after the closing of the game. This entire tutorial is completely safe, as I've tested every feature to ensure your privacy. Yes, this is a legitimate tutorial for anyone who wants a nostalgia trip! And yes, this tutorial will be auto-updating, meaning, I will be keeping a tab on the thread to show whether this tutorial still functions or not. Without further adieu, let's get started.

First you will you want to download this file: [Last Updated On: 10/14/16]

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e7ibkb10w929sht/Deckcrash's+Website+Guide.zip

The file was uploaded by me, so you do not have to worry about it originating from an un-trusted source.
INFO:

(Continue here if you downloaded the file)

After downloading this file, open it, and it should open a folder with many text files. To view the links you will need to access the POTCO website, open the file titled, "Deckcrash's Website Archive". Inside this file, there will be many links, these links will have a year and "[ ]" following them, with information that is inside the brackets.

The year next to the link, is the year of the POTCO website. Take for example the first link; it has "2006" next to it. This simply means, that the year of that specified link, will take you to the 2006 POTCO website
(I have done my best to archive 2006 through 2013 of the POTCO website for this community).

Inside the file, there should also be brackets that look like, "[ ]", inside of the file, with information on it's interior. This information displays the status of the link. If it is broken, then the brackets will say "[Broken]". If the text file is earlier into the year that it was archived in, then it will say, [Early]. I will create an index that shows this information so it may be used as a reference.
ACCESSING THE WEBSITE: (STATUS: WORKING) [Updated on 10/14/16]

Now I will teach you how to access every single link in my text file through a process of steps.

1. Open the folder that you downloaded, titled, "Deckcrash's Website Guide".

2. Open the text file that is titled, "Deckcrash's Website Archive".

3. Copy any link throughout the entire text file (I recommend copying one that is working).

4. Open your browser and paste the link you copied into the area where typically you see the link to a website.

5. Normally, the link should load and direct you to the year of the archived link that you asked for.

These are the general steps that you must follow in order to access the website. If by some chance a link that is branded as working, is actually broken for you. In the "replies" section of the thread, tell me the name of the browser you use and the entire link (including the year and status of it)! If it turns out to be broken, I will update the files and it will be fixed.

Notice: The website is not restored to the exact way it was before the closure of the game. I restored as much of the website as possible and did my best to uncover lost news posts. Please, at least be grateful that you now have a way to access the website once again. But just as a warning, it is VERY buggy and VERY broken.
DOWNLOADING THE POTCO LAUNCHER: (STATUS: WORKING) [Updated on 10/14/16]

It's time to teach how to recover the launcher! This process is rather simple, as it only requires a few steps and some knowledge of links. I will describe how to re-download the POTCO launcher through steps:

1. Open the text file in the folder you downloaded, titled, "POTCO Launcher Download".

2. Navigate to this here savvy website: https://archive.org/web/ <-- (This site should be in the document).

3. From the text file, there should be 2 links inside of it. One of the links contains the Windows Setup, and the other contains the Mac Setup. Copy the link of the one you want.

4. Next, on the website that you had opened up (archive.org), there should be a long horizontal box across the top of the screen that simply says, "http://". Click on the box, and then paste the link of the POTCO Setup that you want to install into your computer.

5. Once you've pasted it, click on the "Browse History" button (this should bring you to a new page).

6. If you've completed these instructions correctly, you should be on a page that appears similar to a calendar. Next, below the horizontal box, there should be info that appears like this, "Saved 2 times between May 16, 2012 and May 23, 2013." To download the POTCO Setup, click on either May 16, 2012 or May 13, 2013.

7. If done correctly, you should have installed the version of the POTCO Setup that you wanted. After you installed it, open it, and run through the installation process.

8. Now you have installed the launcher and the POTCO folder to your computer. You can simply attempt to open it at the area you installed it to and browse through the folder files.

If you followed this entire tutorial correctly, you should have properly installed the POTCO launcher to your computer as well as the Disney folder associated with it. This process does not install the original game .dll's or phase files.

Notice: The launcher does not open because it does not have the ability to connect to the Disney POTCO server and install data (obviously). Please be happy that you now have the ability to even say that you posses the launcher (if you had deleted it).
ACCESSING THE CLOSURE LETTER: (STATUS: WORKING) [Updated on 10/14/16]

In order to access the closure letter, follow these steps:

2. Open the, "POTCO Closure Letter", text file.

If this is completed correctly, it should bring you to the closure letter on the POTCO website.
ACCESSING THE CREATE AN ACCOUNT MENU: (STATUS: UNFIXABLE AND BROKEN) [Updated on 10/14/16]

In order to access the Create an Account menu, follow these steps:

2. Open the, "POTCO Create Account Menu", text file.

If this is completed correctly, it should bring you to the Create an Account menu on the POTCO website.
omg im lived that this still exists i might cry with joy because im running (not walking cuz thats depressing) through memory lane!

Back