Deleted posts on forums.

squintz

Pirate Lord
Once in a great while and just recently, I've had some sort of warning for posting a blank or posted 'del' in a edited post.
On a rare instance the forum hiccupped or something and duplicated my post, or the post won't even register but sits in your answer que. I couldn't find a solution except to just delete the dupe or incorrectly selected post and answered my own post by mistake, which leaves a empty post.

Are these warnings some sort of mark against the member, and how does one cancel a post that's stuck in the answer field? It seems odd to get a warning for just trying to clear up a post.

If you are trying to fix a duplicate post that was made by mistake, which does happen a lot to all of us from time to time to do some hangup with the post getting posted and the page refreshing, just report your own post. In the report, let us know that it mistakenly duplicated.

If you ever want a post deleted or a thread deleted for any reason that you have made, do the same, report it and let us know.

You will never get a warning in when you handle it this way. Moderation cannot necessarily determine if it is a mistake while posting/editing or not, so yes these can have warnings add up.

Once in a great while and just recently, I've had some sort of warning for posting a blank or posted 'del' in a edited post.
For clarity, you did not receive a warning (as in, a warning as defined by our ToS, which is an account infraction) for this. You simply received an alert to notify you your post was deleted, with an accompanying request to report your posts to request deletion going forward rather than manually blanking them.

As a bit of a side note, allowing members to view a list of warnings on their account is in the pipeline and should hopefully land next month.

Back