Question Deleted posts.

squintz

Pirate Lord
Is there a way to see your posts that come up deleted? I'd sure like to know why a couple of mine were removed from certain threads as off topic?

Is there a way to see your posts that come up deleted? I'd sure like to know why a couple of mine were removed from certain threads as off topic?
This would mean your posts in the threads were deemed off the main topic of the subject of the thread...they were not unjustly deleted.

This would mean your posts in the threads were deemed off the main topic of the subject of the thread...they were not unjustly deleted.
Sorry, wasn't implying it was unjust, just wanted to know which ones and what not to do.
I don't know if these were word filtered or actually read.

When posts are removed, there is either a notice or warning sent via a PM letting you know what you did incorrectly. If you refer to the PM, you may ask the person who sent you the notice what was posted.

When posts are removed, there is either a notice or warning sent via a PM letting you know what you did incorrectly. If you refer to the PM, you may ask the person who sent you the notice what was posted.
You are correct of course. However I just got a 'alert' that said post removed something about responding to a deleted post. That's why I figured no big deal.
Thanks everyone.

Sometimes replies to deleted posts are removed, and for that you won't get an infraction of course. If you want further insight on a particular action you can message a moderator for clarification.

You are correct of course. However I just got a 'alert' that said post removed something about responding to a deleted post. That's why I figured no big deal.
Thanks everyone.

I've had that same message several times. Like Davy said above it's been when I've posted a response to a thread and that thread has either been moved or deleted. In my case generally it's been when I've responded with a 'welcome' to someone in the Introductions thread and their thread has been moved to ....say...the Bug Reports thread because they posted about a bug but didn't actually introduce themselves.

...as a result of the thread moving, my 'welcome' is now seen as an irrelevant response in the context of it now being in a bug report thread and so it's removed.

Hopefully that made sense...it's late and my brain is sleepy....either way, the point is that it's not necessarily an adverse reaction to your post .....it's more just the Mods keeping things tidy :)

Sometimes there is no sender to see who did it...I think it should though. I feel like we should know who is doing what, just to know. c:

Sometimes there is no sender to see who did it...I think it should though. I feel like we should know who is doing what, just to know. c:
Not sure what you mean... When a post is moved or removed, a notice is sent to the person who made the post.

Back