Glitch Deleting A Guild

Misha

Site Founder
Ahoy folks,

So a quick glitch that I've found goes as follows:

Creating a guild, having it active for any length of time with a permanent invite code on-hand, and then leaving it will allow players to join the guild, even after all players have technically left. However, this also creates the issue that guild names that may want to be used will already be in use, whether or not the guild is active under any pirate's name.

There is a way to delete invite codes... Might be the only solution to this until it is fixed?? So what happens when everyone leaves a guild and no one is left in it and you use said code? Does that person become the GM or?

There is a way to delete invite codes... Might be the only solution to this until it is fixed?? So what happens when everyone leaves a guild and no one is left in it and you use said code? Does that person become the GM or?

No. If the code is not deleted before the original Guildmaster leaves, the guild code can be entered by anyone and they will be put into the guild as a member. It is possible using this to have a guild with no GM, and regardless of if people join and leave, the guild's name will forever be in use due to the glitch.

A guild without a guildmaster?? Hows that even a thing that needs to be fixed!

Precisely. My guild's original name is forever trapped because of my mistake in forgetting to remove the guild code prior to disbanding it, and I can imagine this is also causing a ton of issues with guilds "re-using" names.

Its possible for a guild to die out and someone else request the name and it be accepted? Didn't know that was a thing to be honest..

Back