Destiny 2

This thread hasn't been used in a while, so I thought I'd ask a couple questions.

1. Thoughts on Solstice of Heroes?

2. Shadowkeep. The big expansion we just keep coming back to. We already know everything there is to know thanks to Luke Smith's Director's Cuts. So my question is to all you lore nerds, or if you are just slightly interested. Theories on the next raid boss? Keep in mind, we are returning to the Black Garden.

1. I think I'll start with Solstice. To be honest, I have a lot more scathing to do than the pros. So I guess I'll just start with the positive points.

• EAZ (European Aerial Zone): This was a refreshing activity, a nice change of pace from last year's Solstice of Heroes event, where we had to play rehashed story missions, that were surprisingly difficult.
  • Easier Grind: I'm not saying this armor grind isn't grueling. I'm simply saying its easier. I personally didn't do Solstice last year, and did not care for it this year either. However, I did compare every armor objective, and I can say that, while annoying (at times), this year's grind is far more simplified than last year's.
  • Better Armor Design: I guess this point really comes down to personal preference. I was on reddit and saw a post comparing last year's solstice armor, with ornaments, to this year's. Safe to say that this year's armor saw a massive improvement.
Moving on to the negatives:

• EAZ: This activity was in the positives since it was a change of pace. I didn't actually enjoy it. To be fair, I had a lot of instances where people left after killing the mini-bosses, because of the armor objective. I'm glad that was remedied. It honestly felt like the Haunted Forest (For those of you who played during the Halloween Event in 2018), but set in the EAZ. And just like the Haunted Forest, it was an activity that had no reward. The Haunted Forest gave you an auto rifle that became obsolete almost immediately.
  • The Sparrow: The Sparrow is the end reward for finishing all 3 armor sets (one for each class). It's really only worth it if you're just trying to fill your collections.
  • Armor 2.0: While I'm listing this here, it's not under the context that Armor 2.0 itself is a negative. I think it's a great change, and the introduction of Discipline, Intellect, and Strength will bring about some much needed build diversity. Problem is, the Solstice armor was advertised as the first Armor 2.0 set that would be in your inventory, with the launch of Shadowkeep. At the beginning of the event, this seemed appealing. Bungie made it seem like the only other Armor 2.0 compatible armor pieces would be Year 3 drops. A lot of us still had questions regarding this system, which we got the answers for on August 14th, during the Armor 2.0 livestream. There, we learned that ALL armor, regardless of year, would be compatible with Armor 2.0. This includes armor that you can pull from your collections, like the year 1 Leviathan raid armors. While those will have static elemental resistance, they still can be slotted and modded like any Armor 2.0 piece. This, just like last year's Solstice Armor, has made the armor sets obsolete once again. I honestly can't, in any way, recommend that people grind this out because the armor is "cool." Especially with Universal Ornaments on their way.
  • Some Masterwork Objectives: Honestly, the Shattered Throne being a requirement for masterworking the chest piece is kind of stupid, in my opinion. That gave everyone a week to get their Majestic sets, and masterwork their chest piece. Now, you can masterwork your armor after the event is over, at the cost of Enhancement Cores. Which are going to be a valuable currency in Armor 2.0. I don't think I need to explain why this is a bad decision.
  • Content Drought: While we all expected there to be a content drought, I thought Solstice would at least bring some form of grind to keep players busy till Shadowkeep, or till one of the many Fall 2019 game releases. But the scathing remarks I've seen scattered across twitter, Reddit, and Destiny community discord servers is all but evident of this grind. Many people I know personally have left Destiny for the next couple months, as there is nothing appealing left to do in the game. Unless you're a newer player, then I 100% understand. I'm not trying to sound rude, just that Veteran players honestly have nothing left to do. I just hope that the Solar week exotic quest leaks are true. That's a grind I'll definitely do.

Overall, my advice to anyone just getting into the solstice grind for its final week: Only do it if you want the MMXIX Seal. That's honestly the only reason I can say is justified enough to do this grind. If you're the type of person that doesn't care about Titles, that isn't playing Destiny for that, then don't waste your time on this armor. It's not worth it.

I'd like it to be noted that this post comes down to my personal opinion. People will disagree with me. Don't take everything I said as verbatim.

tiger_release_final_20191002_013753.png

@Marc Daggerhound and I are proud owners of the Deathbringer, on DAY 1 OF SHADOWKEEP! This was a challenging quest, but it was oh-so rewarding.

Definitely one of my favorite games to play currently running a 2.8 kd in comp and hit legend every season it’s been available. (I spend way to much time in private matches doing 3v3s😂)
Carry me, Senpai. I am just average at PvP.

Just kidding though. I have never hit Legend. I hit fabled multiple times but that was just for the pinnacles.

Back