Destiny 2

Ben Phantomfox

Honorable Pirate
Destiny 2 Discussion Thread

Hey all! I personally am a huge Destiny fan and have been playing Destiny since its Beta stage in 2014. Destiny was the game I resorted to after POTCO's closing and is one of the games I still play today.

destiny-2-forsaken-bungie-darker-narrative.jpg.optimal.jpg

Please use this thread to discuss all matters of Destiny within the TLOPO atmosphere! I will do my best to reply frequently and engage in conversations as much as possible.​

I'd hate to make this first comment on the thread against the game, but I need to put my opinion somewhere. Bungie completely killed Destiny 2's playability for me for the first two DLC's, and then thought that I would pay $60 USD to play something that should've been completed and implemented upon the game's initial release.

In Destiny's first iteration, I was fine with going along on Bungie's journey of figuring out MMORPG Looter Shooter games and how to make a good one, and in the end I thought Destiny 1 had turned into a Masterpiece (Comparing it to the first year of D1's content.) However, Destiny 2 was a ballgame I had all intent to hop into. The Beta ran fantastically with little issue, and the game's initial showcase was looking up to the Destiny Community.

Destiny 2's release was a disappointment. Not even to do with the disconnects or the limitations they put on the servers to force players into a queue, but the total content amongst the game's full release was pitiful. It disheartened me, and with the Leviathan released with such minor content differences in the comparison between base game to after Osiris and the Warmind DLCs both dropped.

Maybe, just maybe, one day Bungie will suck me back in to be able to continue my adventures, but until then.

- Former Bungie Forums Mentor

I'd hate to make this first comment on the thread against the game, but I need to put my opinion somewhere. Bungie completely killed Destiny 2's playability for me for the first two DLC's, and then thought that I would pay $60 USD to play something that should've been completed and implemented upon the game's initial release.

In Destiny's first iteration, I was fine with going along on Bungie's journey of figuring out MMORPG Looter Shooter games and how to make a good one, and in the end I thought Destiny 1 had turned into a Masterpiece (Comparing it to the first year of D1's content.) However, Destiny 2 was a ballgame I had all intent to hop into. The Beta ran fantastically with little issue, and the game's initial showcase was looking up to the Destiny Community.

Destiny 2's release was a disappointment. Not even to do with the disconnects or the limitations they put on the servers to force players into a queue, but the total content amongst the game's full release was pitiful. It disheartened me, and with the Leviathan released with such minor content differences in the comparison between base game to after Osiris and the Warmind DLCs both dropped.

Maybe, just maybe, one day Bungie will suck me back in to be able to continue my adventures, but until then.

Hey man! Thanks for the insightful reply. As much as I hate to say it, I have to agree here. Bungie's portrayal of the Destiny universe throughout Destiny 1 had me thinking that the 2nd game would top the first. Through cluttered expansions and poorly made quest lines, I too was let down. I still try play frequently, but I haven't lately due to TLOPO and schoolwork. I will always have hope for the game because that's what I would want from a community member for TLOPO. Uplifting thoughts and open minds are what keep people productive. Hopefully Bungie will have something happen with the next few seasons of Destiny 2 that will revive the game in a certain aspect. Maybe we can play sometime!

Hey man! Thanks for the insightful reply. As much as I hate to say it, I have to agree here. Bungie's portrayal of the Destiny universe throughout Destiny 1 had me thinking that the 2nd game would top the first. Through cluttered expansions and poorly made quest lines, I too was let down. I still try play frequently, but I haven't lately due to TLOPO and schoolwork. I will always have hope for the game because that's what I would want from a community member for TLOPO. Uplifting thoughts and open minds are what keep people productive. Hopefully Bungie will have something happen with the next few seasons of Destiny 2 that will revive the game in a certain aspect. Maybe we can play sometime!

Destiny's universe was, is, and will always be one of my favorites, and I hope that one day Bungie will start patching over their mistakes with D2 to create a truly fantastic experience, until then, I will have to keep watch. As far as playing together, I'd love to! What platform are you primarily on?

Destiny's universe was, is, and will always be one of my favorites, and I hope that one day Bungie will start patching over their mistakes with D2 to create a truly fantastic experience, until then, I will have to keep watch. As far as playing together, I'd love to! What platform are you primarily on?
I started off in D1's Beta stage on Xbox 360, then moved to Xbox One after Rise of Iron. I played Xbox One all the way up until the Osiris DLC in D2, and then switched to PC. I currently have all of my main things on PC.

Last edited:
Yeah, Ubisoft did AC. Bungie has done Destiny, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo Reach.
Halo. That's it, I thought destiny looked very familiar. It's not bad for being mostly scripted and you can't really go off the track. I normally don't like titles like that. but destiny hides it pretty good. I'm a huge fan of open maps and non scripted as much as possible.

I wish you can get more sniper ammo though. I know it's a realism thing and makes sense you don't have a ton of ammo for everything.

Halo. That's it, I thought destiny looked very familiar. It's not bad for being mostly scripted and you can't really go off the track. I normally don't like titles like that. but destiny hides it pretty good. I'm a huge fan of open maps and non scripted as much as possible.

I wish you can get more sniper ammo though. I know it's a realism thing and makes sense you don't have a ton of ammo for everything.

If it hadn't been for the fact that having any half decent player with a Sniper Rifle shut down a Crucible Match in regards to flexibility, I'd agree with you. Back during the days of The Dark Below I loved my LDR 5001, thing was an absolute monster and I recall going on a multitude of killing sprees solely with the Sniper Rifle.

If it hadn't been for the fact that having any half decent player with a Sniper Rifle shut down a Crucible Match in regards to flexibility, I'd agree with you. Back during the days of The Dark Below I loved my LDR 5001, thing was an absolute monster and I recall going on a multitude of killing sprees solely with the Sniper Rifle.
Oh my, the LDR. THAT was one heck of a sniper to use.

Oh my, the LDR. THAT was one heck of a sniper to use.

Right?! Back before this re-rolling nonsense, it was such a piece of work! The updated version in Year 3 wasn't all too good due to the Black Spindle meta continuing to fester, but nonetheless!

Last edited:
I haven't advanced that far yet, is something like that still in the game?

The skill level in which it would take to do something like that is far surpassed what it used to be, but I wouldn't put it past the Destiny Community to have players like that still.

Four months and I finally broke the bank with the most recent sale.

I told myself I wouldn't give in, but I guess some things just aren't meant to be.
upload_2019-3-5_2-25-59-png.113707

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-5_2-25-59.png
    upload_2019-3-5_2-25-59.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 699
Being a d1 newb, can you give a little explanation to what you mean and what I'm looking at? Is that endgame or something?
The artistry in this game is pretty spectacular. Even on a lower end system.
thanks.

If you haven't touched too much of D2, if at all, I'll put a spoiler warning here:
So, the screenshot is essentially the tower after the events of the D2 campaign missions, and is entirely different from the original game.

Back