TLOPO Developer Insider Discussion Developer Insider Discussion: November 6, 2018

Per the sneak peek we were all provided (of the making of the launcher art), the task looks quite daunting from start to finish. Is it actually and, generally speaking (as individuals on the TLOPO dev team), how do ye mates sustain inspiration fresh between each other given the consumption of time it must take, I assume, to roll out a specific task/effort towards final stage of production? (In other words, is there TLOPO protocol where each of you look out for one another to deter [TLOPO] development burn out? If so, can such insight be shared with the community at-large)?

What? Do ye mates like go virtual bowling :confused: together on Skype to relive stress/developmental burn out!?

Thank ye. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing video! If you guys do future things like this, I think it might be better to slow it down just a tad bit. At this speed, it becomes difficult to follow some of the things you guys are doing. Overall very good! Would love to see more like this in the future :)

Per the sneak peek we were all provided (of the making of the launcher art), the task looks quite daunting from start to finish. Is it actually and, generally speaking (as individuals on the TLOPO dev team), how do ye mates sustain inspiration fresh between each other given the consumption of time it must take, I assume, to roll out a specific task/effort towards final stage of production? (In other words, is there TLOPO protocol where each of you look out for one another to deter [TLOPO] development burn out? If so, can such insight be shared with the community at-large)?

What? Do ye mates like go virtual bowling :confused: together on Skype to relive stress/developmental burn out!?

Thank ye. ;)
Generally speaking, our staff does what they do because they enjoy it. The project has certainly been a labor of love to get it to its current status today. Adding new content not only allows us to practice our technical skills, but we get to experiment with the game and try out new things - see what works best. It can be very relaxing and fulfilling. Our storyline team enjoys writing; our developers enjoy the challenge of writing code - everyone has their own personal niche.

As always, we all balance our personal lives with the project as well. Almost all of us maintain a job and/or school and try to incorporate as much of our free time to TLOPO as well. We all have our various ways of dealing with everyday stress, but TLOPO routinely is a getaway from that.

Thanks for the question!

The Crew @ TLOPO

Much love & support to all of you good mates on TLOPO Staff & Forums Staff. Thanks a lot for all hard work & dedication that you give to the game. Fair Winds, Always! :) <3

So how'd you guys manage to convert the actor .bam files to .egg while keeping the default pose and transform data? I'm guessing you didn't manually pose it yourself, that's highly error prone. As far as I can tell the current bam2egg doesn't support these things. Did you guys write support for it with your own modified bam2egg? or am I simply missing something? If you did write support for it in bam2egg is there a reason you wouldn't commit it to Panda3d? If its hacky or such I totally understand but I'm just curious.

So how'd you guys manage to convert the actor .bam files to .egg while keeping the default pose and transform data? I'm guessing you didn't manually pose it yourself, that's highly error prone. As far as I can tell the current bam2egg doesn't support these things. Did you guys write support for it with your own modified bam2egg? or am I simply missing something? If you did write support for it in bam2egg is there a reason you wouldn't commit it to Panda3d? If its hacky or such I totally understand but I'm just curious.

Ahoy, Bart!

Thanks for the question! It was a good one!

No modified Panda3D versions were used. Our content developers manually set each joint as close as possible to their default state until we ended up with a T-pose avatar.

While it might look perfect, some joints are still broken and not ready yet for animations or use in-game.

~ The Crew @ The Legend of Pirates Online

Back