TLOPO Developer Insider Discussion Developer Insider Discussion: October 14, 2018

Ahoy everyone!

Please use this thread to make replies to our first Developer Insider. We appreciate everyone's feedback.

Fair winds and smooth sailin' be yers,

The Crew @ TLOPO
Oh my god how long have we had "THE CREW" on forums? Nice work recreating the game and great work bringing back cannon defense. I know I am speaking for everyone when I say, the work you do is breathtaking. Thank you! :)

[ Just a helpful tip for anyone who is going to do cannon defense, make sure to have your "Shoot" and "Rapid Reload" cannon skills maxed. They both effect your cannon in cannon defense! Happy defending! :cannon:

Last edited:
8slvUMl.gif

The ships going to raid need to be moving/sailing smoother not occasional hanging up or stopping briefly and then moving... I recommend experimenting the scripted paths for the ships that are supposed to be raiding the gold, to see if this can be "Improved" to look much more smoother and realistic.
(I think to Improve this you might have to increase the size of the Script path area the raiders follow by width just by a slight bit see if that works.)

Although lets also keep some of the freaky movements of the classic zig zagging ships...

The ships going to raid need to be moving/sailing smoother not occasional hanging up or stopping briefly and then moving... I recommend experimenting the scripted paths for the ships that are supposed to be raiding the gold, to see if this can be "Improved" to look much more smoother and realistic.
(I think to Improve this you might have to increase the size of the Script path area the raiders follow by width just by a slight bit see if that works.)

Although lets also keep some of the freaky movements of the classic zig zagging ships...

You need to focus on the positives instead of pointing out the negatives. c:

I am sure they will release new rams and I am sure they will optimize the game consistently as they have been. [ Cannon Defense won't be an acceptation.]

Last edited:
There were a variety of unreleased cannon rams from POTCO that never made it into the game before its closing. Will any of them finally make their debut once cannon defense is released in tlopo?
At this point in time, we are unable to say for certain if we will release those cannon rams. It is definitely a possibility that we can turn some (or all) of them on.

Movement is certainly one of the areas that needs polishing. We will be addressing it as we progress further in development. As it stands right now, fine-tuning movement will likely take a bit of a back seat until we verify that CD's core functionality operates in a manner similar to (or better than) POTCO.

I guess that I could speak for the majority of us if I were to say that this is surely a very neat suprise. It also very good to know that Escondida hasn't been forgotten about.

I myself however have two quick questions;

bc257ef2b11c402e85aea6626dc66e3e.png

#1 - It makes perfect sense for me to assume that the name 'PvP Cove' is morely a placeholder rather than the actual name of the island? I see that the other two are called Bilgewater and Fuerte de la Calavera which are fine names to me but do you guys actually want to keep the name as 'PvP Cove' or will it eventually be changed to something that's a bit more appropriate and fitting?

#2 - I assume that the dates listed are when these screenshots were taken and that these screens are just used as teasers to give us a rough idea or is this raw footage of the current stance of the islands? Or can we consider these as outdated?

Thanks!

#1 - It makes perfect sense for me to assume that the name 'PvP Cove' is morely a placeholder rather than the actual name of the island? I see that the other two are called Bilgewater and Fuerte de la Calavera which are fine names to me but do you guys actually want to keep the name as 'PvP Cove' or will it eventually be changed to something that's a bit more appropriate?
Maybe 'PvP Cove' is the new Pirate vs Pirate arena?

EDIT: Island that is PvP ONLY

I guess that I could speak for the majority of us if I were to say that this is surely a very neat suprise. It also very good to know that Escondida hasn't been forgotten about.

I myself however have two quick questions;

bc257ef2b11c402e85aea6626dc66e3e.png

#1 - It makes perfect sense for me to assume that the name 'PvP Cove' is morely a placeholder rather than the actual name of the island? I see that the other two are called Bilgewater and Fuerte de la Calavera which are fine names to me but do you guys actually want to keep the name as 'PvP Cove' or will it eventually be changed to something that's a bit more appropriate and fitting?

#2 - I assume that the dates listed are when these screenshots were taken and that these screens are just used as teasers to give us a rough idea or is this raw footage of the current stance of the islands? Or can we consider these as outdated?

Thanks!
To answer your questions:
  1. Correct, the names in the screenshots are in no way reflective of what the final name will be. In the case of the PVP Cove island, this name is a placeholder.
  2. Dates on the screenshots are representative of when each image was taken.

Stepping away from the whole question aspect of this thread, I just wanted to say that Cannon Defense was always my favorite way to pass time in POTCO and seeing it go from working, to broken, to removed entirely in TLOPO, honestly broke my heart. It truly brings a smile to my face to see that the minigame was still an item of importance to you guys and now seems to be in working condition. Keep up the good work guys!

Stepping away from the whole question aspect of this thread, I just wanted to say that Cannon Defense was always my favorite way to pass time in POTCO and seeing it go from working, to broken, to removed entirely in TLOPO, honestly broke my heart. It truly brings a smile to my face to see that the minigame was still an item of importance to you guys and now seems to be in working condition. Keep up the good work guys!
I haven't seen it in game yet. Is it soon, or perhaps only on one island?

Back