TLOPO Developer Insider Discussion Developer Insider Discussion: October 14, 2018

You need to focus on the positives instead of pointing out the negatives. c:

I am sure they will release new rams and I am sure they will optimize the game consistently as they have been. [ Cannon Defense won't be an acceptation.]
Nothing wrong with pointing these things out, he was even respectful about it and tried to be helpful enough as to offer suggestions around possible solutions. Masking issues behind rainbows and butterflies doesn't help anyone.

I

#1 - It makes perfect sense for me to assume that the name 'PvP Cove' is morely a placeholder rather than the actual name of the island? I see that the other two are called Bilgewater and Fuerte de la Calavera which are fine names to me but do you guys actually want to keep the name as 'PvP Cove' or will it eventually be changed to something that's a bit more appropriate and fitting?
PvP Cove and Bilgewater are actually old incomplete/unused Disney islands which were named respectively. Bilgewater was actually used in promotional images for the game shown below. Fuerte de la Calavera looks completely new.
upload_2018-10-22_18-26-51.png

upload_2018-10-22_18-26-32.png

upload_2018-10-22_18-26-10.png

upload_2018-10-22_18-25-43.png
Additionally here are some screenshots I myself have taken of both PvP Cove and Bilgewater as they were left by Disney in the POTCO resources files. Keep in mind this is without accompanying world data code, which places many of the objects you see on islands. Also TLOPO could have changed anything you see here as this is what Disney left us.
Bilgewater:
upload_2018-10-22_18-22-12.png

upload_2018-10-22_18-23-22.png

PvP Cove:
upload_2018-10-22_18-24-41.png

PvP Cove and Bilgewater are actually old incomplete/unused Disney islands which were named respectively. Bilgewater was actually used in promotional images for the game shown below. Fuerte de la Calavera looks completely new.
Additionally here are some screenshots I myself have taken of both PvP Cove and Bilgewater as they were left by Disney in the POTCO resources files. Keep in mind this is without accompanying world data code, which places many of the objects you see on islands. Also TLOPO could have changed anything you see here as this is what Disney left us.
thanks chief

PvP Cove and Bilgewater are actually old incomplete/unused Disney islands which were named respectively...

Which begs the question: Was there a legit reason why Disney did not implement these islands (excluding the ‘obvious’)?

Sorry. I have to ask. Be interested to know their actual justifications.

Which begs the question: Was there a legit reason why Disney did not implement these islands (excluding the ‘obvious’)?

Sorry. I have to ask. Be interested to know their actual justifications.
Bilgewater looks completely finished from looking at those old promotional images. These go as far back as pre-beta POTCO though so more than likely it was just a developer "playground" for testing. Also POTCO used a very different "loader" or parser for loading world data code back in 2008. If they ever wanted to release it they would have had to rewrite their worlddata which they probably decided against. PvP cove on the other hand is probably from a planned expansion of sorts for PvP that Disney never fully developed. These models were removed from the phase files eventually as they do not appear in phase files from the time of POTCO's closing. You can see @Johnny Sea Slasher shows off PvP cove in a Wikia post from 2013. As you may know there were tons of unreleased content present in the phase files, from partial Kraken models and animations, to unreleased weapons and islands.

Bilgewater looks completely finished from looking at those old promotional images. These go as far back as pre-beta POTCO though so more than likely it was just a developer "playground" for testing. Also POTCO used a very different "loader" or parser for loading world data code back in 2008. If they ever wanted to release it they would have had to rewrite their worlddata which they probably decided against. PvP cove on the other hand is probably from a planned expansion of sorts for PvP that Disney never fully developed. These models were removed from the phase files eventually as they do not appear in phase files from the time of POTCO's closing. You can see @Johnny Sea Slasher shows off PvP cove in a Wikia post from 2013. As you may know there were tons of unreleased content present in the phase files, from partial Kraken models and animations, to unreleased weapons and islands.
Interesting. Thank you, Bart, for explaining and for clarifying things. ;)

Back