Discussion Developer Stream #8 FAQs

MMDR

Pirate Master
This thread answers some of the most common questions regarding TLOPO’s latest Developer Stream. If you have a question that is not addressed, please feel free to leave a comment!

Q: Why was the game taken offline? What is this update?
A: The game was taken offline as it is receiving a complete and major update. The entire server infrastructure is being rebuilt from the ground up, which will allow for more districts (oceans) as well as better connectivity to the servers. The update itself is a complete overhaul to the game's client and server code base, which will deliver improved stability, frame rate, and overall a much better playing experience. In order for this to happen, the game must go offline for an extended period of time so that the migration is as smooth and seamless as possible, including the preservation of your pirates!

Q: How will this update affect me?
A: Your account/pirates will not be affected. All progress made in Beta will be saved.

Q: When will the game open again?
A: There is no set date for when the game will come back up. However, we assure you that it will not take as long as the transition from Alpha to Beta.

Q: Does this update mean that TLOPO will enter Open Beta?
A: No, when the game goes online once again, it will still be in Semi-Open Beta.

Q: Will I need to get a new Key for my account?
A: No, redeemed Keys will not expire.

Q: Will the PlayTime system be removed?
A: No, PlayTimes will still be available.

Stream Highlights:
  • Various bugs and errors such as memory leaks have been patched
  • Fully implemented: SVS, Leaderboards, and Player-to-Player teleportation
  • Flagships and Ship Customization are near completion
  • Isla Escondida walk-through
  • Invasions are a work in progress
  • 5 new districts will be added to the game. They will each be able to hold 250 people per server
  • In order to unlock the Raven’s Cove Quest, players must complete the Black Pearl Quest
*To view the stream, please click here.

Important Announcements:
  • TLOPO’s Community Chat will close on April 15th, 2017

Last edited:
Quick question: will cannon rams be fully added (and work) with this update? I didn't hear about it in the stream but may have missed it. Just curious... I understand if they still don't work.

Quick question: will cannon rams be fully added (and work) with this update? I didn't hear about it in the stream but may have missed it. Just curious... I understand if they still don't work.
What I heard while listening to the stream was that rams are in and they work correctly but there is still something wrong with Cannon Defense. Rams will be lootable but it wasn't clear what the situation with Cannon Defense is. It seemed to me they were saying the situation is unchanged except that lag should be gone but they never said that directly, I am reading between the lines on that.

How to break Mark's feelings? See below...

Make him go through Black Pearl Quest! :sad1::sad1:
Honestly, that's the best motivation I could get so that I can finally have the BP done for the first time ever! :martini::martini:
nah i'll pass i got better weapons than nautilus anyway lol. can't deal with black pearl quest.

I didn't get a chance to catch all of the stream so I'm sorry if this was answered but will ship upgrades be a thing?

Back