Blog Post Developer Stream Recap: Big Announcements!

Posted by The Crew on March 4, 2017, 11 p.m.

https://tlopo.com/static/img/posts/03-04-2017-streamrecap_752x400.jpg

Ahoy everyone!

Firstly, we wanted to thank you for watching our stream tonight. We appreciate it! It’s great to see everyone come together for such an important milestone in TLOPO’s development. In case you missed the stream, you can watch it HERE!

We made some very big announcements in the stream! Here’s a brief recap for you:

• The developers have completely overhauled the backend of the game’s code to enhance performance! This means A LOT LESS LAG and A TON OF BUG FIXES!

• Our new website is about to launch!

• In order to implement this big update, the game’s servers will be going offline for an extended period of time. While we don’t have a set reopening date, we promise that the hiatus will be MUCH SHORTER than it was between Alpha and Beta.

• As a thank you for being so patient, we will be providing some codes in-game when we relaunch!

• During our downtime, the storyline team will be posting a variety of stories and puzzles with hidden messages!

The IRC Community Chat will be closing on April 15th. Since our player base in-game is expanding, we need to allocate more resources to moderating the Caribbean itself. Thank you so much for making the IRC a fantastic part of this community.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T82sanfMiHI

• If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us here!

We understand that it may be an inconvenience to have the game down for an extended period of time, but it is in the interest of quality. Due to the fact that large scale changes have been made to the game’s code, we want to implement this update slowly so that all of your pirates and progress will be intact when you return!

Thanks again for everything. You all have been an amazing community, and we can’t wait to see you on the seas again very soon!

The Crew @ TLOPO

Last edited:
Posted by The Crew on March 4, 2017, 11 p.m.

https://tlopo.com/static/img/posts/03-04-2017-streamrecap_752x400.jpg
Ahoy everyone!

Firstly, we wanted to thank you for watching our stream tonight. We appreciate it! It’s great to see everyone come together for such an important milestone in TLOPO’s development. In case you missed the stream, you can watch it HERE!

We made some very big announcements in the stream! Here’s a brief recap for you:

• The developers have completely overhauled the backend of the game’s code to enhance performance! This means A LOT LESS LAG and A TON OF BUG FIXES!

• Our new website is about to launch!

• In order to implement this big update, the game’s servers will be going offline for an extended period of time. While we don’t have a set reopening date, we promise that the hiatus will be MUCH SHORTER than it was between Alpha and Beta.

• As a thank you for being so patient, we will be providing some codes in-game when we relaunch!

• During our downtime, the storyline team will be posting a variety of stories and puzzles with hidden messages!

The IRC Community Chat will be closing on April 15th. Since our player base in-game is expanding, we need to allocate more resources to moderating the Caribbean itself. Thank you so much for making the IRC a fantastic part of this community.

• If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us here!

We understand that it may be an inconvenience to have the game down for an extended period of time, but it is in the interest of quality. Due to the fact that large scale changes have been made to the game’s code, we want to implement this update slowly so that all of your pirates and progress will be intact when you return!

Thanks again for everything. You all have been an amazing community, and we can’t wait to see you on the seas again very soon!

The Crew @ TLOPO
Thank you for bringing a game back that had a very special place in my heart!!

Wow!
Seems like it will be amazing!
Thank you!

BTW - there is no hyper link to watch the stream for those of us that missed it live.
Update - watching what I missed now, and it's AWESOME!
Thanks for the link Davy!

Last edited by a moderator:
no fair warning? exciting stream, watch now to be slapped out of no where...? smh you dropped the ball on this.
Wow, honestly don't what to say

I love the game play and what you have accomplished. but int a tight nit community like this it sure feels like a slap in the face. All the work we put into guilds and not have a chance to preserve it. A heads up of even a couple days would have gone a long way.

no fair warning? exciting stream, watch now to be slapped out of no where...? smh you dropped the ball on this.

I love the game play and what you have accomplished. but int a tight nit community like this it sure feels like a slap in the face. All the work we put into guilds and not have a chance to preserve it. A heads up of even a couple days would have gone a long way.
What do u mean? Our pirates r saved

The database is being saved, all your Pirates/guilds are safe.

Thank you, Tlopo Team! @Mike Wass @JawhnL5 @Ecio @rokewilliam @DefectiveGamer

You guys did a great job on the live stream! You were fun and professional and friendly and informative.
Thanks for all the information you gave us. It's great you're closing the game to update the quality that the game deserves.
I'm hoping everyone waits patiently while you do all you need to do to bring the game back safely and in smooth running order.

I could see where folks may not be too fond of the Black Pearl Quest loophole where you have to finish that in order to do the Raven's Cove Quest. I guess it'll be nice to "make" people do the quest, but it's such a longggg quest. Could we possibly have an option to shoot some of the NPC's in the quest to get through it faster?

It would be nice if it was a one time per acct requirement, so our alts don't have to go thru all that again. All in all, we're happy for the work that you do, and shouldn't complain about having to do the quest, but killing the NPC could make it more enjoyable. ;)

Keep up the great work! You're allstars! <3

OH OH OH OH OH OH OH MY GOD OH OH OH OH OH
ymLSruU.gif

As others have said, our pirates will not be reset. I'm not sure about guilds, but I would guess they are not being reset either. This update is necessary to progressing the game towards being fully functional and allowing everyone - especially those who have currently been playing on playtimes - to enjoy it to it's fullest.

Thank you, Tlopo Team! @Mike Wass (I'm not sure of the user names of the other guys, if you could tag them for me, sorry)
https://piratesforums.co/members/?type=tlopo
https://piratesforums.co/members/?type=staff

There are many many people who work on behalf of TLOPO besides Mike. They all do a ton of work for the game. Thanks to all of them :)

I was only able to watch a portion of the stream last night, so I'm happy to read this recap to see what I missed. I am excited to see the updates and changes when the game goes back up.

I also want to thank everyone involved in bringing this game back to life for all the hard work and immense amount of time you all have spent on it. I have enjoyed every minute I've spent playing over the past couple of weeks, even with the bugs and glitches. Yes, there has been frustration at times, but I've met some great people, had a lot of fun, and have learned some new things about the game I didn't know.

Looking forward to the reopening!

Back