Blog Post Developer Stream Recap: Big Announcements!

Hey I just wanted to say that I have been following various POTCO revivals over the past few years and I just watched this stream and you guys are freaking owning it. It really looks tbh freaking amazing and you should be very proud of your work. I also wanted to say thank you because you guys aren't getting compensated for this which makes you guys even more pimpin. Keep up the sick work, can't wait to play.

OH OH OH OH OH OH OH MY GOD OH OH OH OH OH
ymLSruU.gif
Lol Now Don't Go And Wet Yourself hehehe

So many WANT New content yet without the basic fixes what good does new content do ! Myself I prefer Quality over quantity , The New content can always be added afterwards ! There's more than plenty to do here and I Pray the Quality of Play out ways the Want for Content !! One Issue Disney had was to work on New content rather then fix their coding of bugs prior to New content ! All Hail TLOPO !! My hat's off to you guys !
My Motto : What I WANT and what I NEED Is 2 entirely different things !!

So many WANT New content yet without the basic fixes what good does new content do ! Myself I prefer Quality over quantity , The New content can always be added afterwards ! There's more than plenty to do here and I Pray the Quality of Play out ways the Want for Content !! One Issue Disney had was to work on New content rather then fix their coding of bugs prior to New content ! All Hail TLOPO !! My hat's off to you guys !
I agree

As stated in the development stream, the game they are currently running is a carbon copy of potco the day it closed. Before they were running a 2011 version and were slowly adding in code from the 2013 version. All they are doing now is adding some extra tlopo code they had in the 2011 version that we were playing on before, and implemented a better ai and server performance.

I can understand that Star, truly I do.
I think we were all were surprised that the game wouldn't be coming back up last night. I'm just glad that most people (hopefully most people) after the stream realized it's a good thing to get it fixed - the sooner the better - and I was all for just closing her down to get going on it.

Her saying it was a slap in the face I think is more of a "slap in the face" to the developers. I always look at both sides of the fence, especially for the lil guys like us, but her rant was a bit extreme imo. :p
I think that this is an example of how much we (many of us) feel for the game and maybe at times we could use different words but emotions lead us to slightly different expressions than intended.

Anna also highlighted she was pleased it was closing for the update and grateful for the amazing work being done.

Never the less as well as being personally very excited about this "new" new chapter (& amused about the where did we get it from... lol) I also did suggest that in future maybe there could be clear forewarning of extended down time (like a week or two in advance)...
I was just about to do my push for Level 40! lol :p

It's great that most of the time everyone in the community sees the positive side of the situation. Roll on customisation, less lag, less disconnects, Mat Runs (maybe the Crew will even introduce the idea about still getting the plunder when the ship ports if you're disconnected), Bounty Hunters, Ship's Of The Line, Invasions, Flag Ships, Treasure Fleets, Queen Anne's Revenge, New Quests, New Islands and New Enemies! Arrr!!!

Our Treasure Chest's Runneth Over!;):treasure::flag1:
:pirate ship:

no fair warning? exciting stream, watch now to be slapped out of no where...? smh you dropped the ball on this.
Wow, honestly don't what to say

I love the game play and what you have accomplished. but int a tight nit community like this it sure feels like a slap in the face. All the work we put into guilds and not have a chance to preserve it. A heads up of even a couple days would have gone a long way.
well at least we know it will be back better and greater than before ,,i'm very thrilled they are making it better ,,as far as letting us know ahead of time well did you watch the Stream ?? we aren't going to lose our pirates ,, its all good ,like i said it will be back thats all that matters to me :):seesaw::excited::-3

As stated in the development stream, the game they are currently running is a carbon copy of potco the day it closed. Before they were running a 2011 version and were slowly adding in code from the 2013 version. All they are doing now is adding some extra tlopo code they had in the 2011 version that we were playing on before, and implemented a better ai and server performance.
Technically speaking, isn't it a digital copy? I mean, carbon copies are so messy... LOL!

no not a chance I don't think the game will be on till may that's when the new pirate movie will be release. But I hope will be soon I want to play too I love this game ..
The Crew are trying their utmost to transfer all our pirates over without loss of progress or inventory as well as the New Caribbean, this obviously takes lots of time... but the talk has been about weeks not months, less than the Beta Launch.

Some have said 2 or 3 weeks so hopefully if the winds be in our favour it will be March or April! I've been wrong before though...lol :thumbsup:
:pirate ship::sunny:

no not a chance I don't think the game will be on till may that's when the new pirate movie will be release. But I hope will be soon I want to play too I love this game ..
it should be back up well before then, The devs have already stated that that in a perfect world they want a full launch of the game by the day pirates 5 hits theaters but they also stated that it is highly unlikely

Back