Blog Post DEVELOPER STREAM RECAP: NEW HORIZONS!

Posted by The Crew on April 29, 2017, 8:30 p.m.
IMG_0050.JPG

Ahoy, everyone!

Thanks so much for attending our ninth Developer Stream! It was really fun to interact with you all directly and show off some of our progress! For those of you who missed it, here’s a list of everything we previewed during the stream:

New Water Effects: Improved textures and reflections for water have been added to the game! Additionally, there are now larger waves when sailing the High Seas.

Bounty Hunters: After amassing a certain amount of loot, Bounty Hunters and powerful Navy Warships will chase your crew across the seas!

Ship Customization: All features of Ship Customization, including custom hulls, rigging, emblems, and sail colors were shown off!

Privateering: Ship vs. Ship, a fan favorite, made a return in the stream! This feature will launch when the game is back online.

Player-to-Player Teleportation: Players can now teleport to each other from anywhere in the Caribbean!

Isla Escondida: Members of the Storyline Team talked about the quests surrounding our new island, and the conflict between its Bounty Hunter inhabitants.

New Enemies: New Bounty Hunter enemies were shown on the docks of Isla Escondida, alongside a sneak peek at a new Non-Undead crab enemy!

New Clothing: French Privateer, an all-new Peddler ensemble adorned in blue cloth, white lace, and gold trim was shown off.

And finally, we wanted to thank you all for your continued support during our extended downtime. We understand how hard it is to go without the game we all love so much. We’re working tirelessly to bring you the best experience possible! As always, please stay tuned to this blog, Pirates Forums, and our Facebook page for any updates as they become available.

Thank you for everything.

Fairest of winds,
The Crew @ TLOPO

Miss the stream? Watch it here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux6eV98iOfI

Last edited by a moderator:
Who else is super excited now? :)
To be honest, the stream was a bit underwhelming for me. There was definitely improvements, but I spotted some issues that kind of spoiled it. I am glad to see SvS back though, one of my favorite parts of the game. The FPS is nice, and sailing AI has gotten better. Those were really the only things I cared about. Everything else seemed somewhat redundant. And lastly, how the game is probably not going to release until a few more weeks. I'm not complaining or anything, I really appreciate what the devs are doing, but I wasn't ever really that excited nor disappointed.

I think the Stream was great! It's fun to see what they're working on and what's in store.
I spotted things too.. that looked amazing! the sea, the islands, the ships, the clothes...

They're making great progress!
Remember, it's on their own personal time, their non-sleeping time (meaning they're probably sacrificing sleep)
I think they're all amazing!
Thank you Crew
for the Stream and for all that you do!

I don't know how i feel... i kinda lost some of the hype, when everyone believed that the game would be out after the stream, then in the stream we hear the same word as always. "soon".
Soon means another month+++
Exactly. The "hype train" honestly needs to stop. I'm all for getting excited, but it's the overhyping of things that eventually never live up to the expectations that irks me. The game will have bugs and glitches and crashes when it comes back, it's in Beta. The only scenario I think that should get hyped up is the full, polished release, but that's not happening anytime "soon".

Well done to The Crew!

I think it's great how you guy's cope with such a huge task and manage to face up to the masses with what you've got, against many's unrealistic expectations. It reminded me just how hard this work is, every "little thing" takes so much especially when it knocks a whole lot of other "little things" in the wrong direction!

Please ignore the ignorant negative naysayers you have to put up with, they obviously have no idea or no manners or both.

In support of you all, I'm going to start counting all the zeros and ones you guy's have moved around, since I don't know what to do with them at least I can count them;)

In the stream one of the highlights for me was seeing that so much work has been done and yet those pesky little skeletons are still tied to the mast... lol
(there's another few hours/day work?:p...not that I know)

I can relate to it even better than usual as I've just had a first hand reminder myself, a simple little thing like trying to get my PC working and stable again, only two days work and 3 restores... lol (It didn't even use to restore.. ugh, sometimes I wish I could just hit it with a hammer but I know that won't work!:eek:)

So let's go to The Beautiful Water... I'm ready for a swim and a sail, remember we are The Testers:D
:captamerica:
& You Guy's are Epic and Champions (The Whole Crew)... let's get testing?;)
(I'd be happy if we even only had a few days a week but in the end it's whatever works and what ever is best for you guys)
:thanks:
:pirate ship::sunny:

Last edited:
Back