Blog Post Developer Update #3

@rokewilliam @John Foulroberts @Johnny Sea Slasher - Happy for ye mates but, I highly suggest/encourage ye mates to change the "wording" of this particular part of the announcement as it could be taken the wrong way. (With the 'Disney' :piratemickey:connotation included within the wording, the last thing you want to do is cause confusion nor be guilty of some 'trade dress' violation. Since this NEW island has come about because of ye mates in TLOPO, best to not even mention 'Disney' at all to avoid any possible confusion from occurring).
Sorry! This was due to a miscommunication within the team. It was not intended to use Disney or any key words regarding Disney.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I know.

Imagine if you're on the internet and you Google search for "Pirates of the Caribbean" and, because of your search, you happen to locate TLOPO's game website. Imagine also you have never played POTCO before nor were even aware of it nor bothered to even glance at Google's description for an explanation into TLOPO. *Further imagine yourself taking an interest in TLOPO on account of the website you had located and then clicked upon the link and then read - if said announcement is posted there as well - that this NEW island has been placed into "Disney Pirates of the Caribbean Online."

From such a scenario I share above, would you be able to understand the difference? Or look at the problem this way, what actual good does it do to throw in Disney's own name there...within such an announcement? :confused: In my opinion, it adds no value or further hype for TLOPO and the ex-POTCO community but instead could add to the possibility of confusion to result within the mind of someone on the internet not overly familiar with TLOPO.
Point well taken, I removed the "Disney" reference from the post. :)

Huh.... why can I see this here, but not on the news page of the main site?

Anyways, can't wait to see what we're getting (ourselves into).

Back