Quests Dig spots are broken?

Seems like I'm not the only one. I have 3 quests that involve digging that I cannot get past. Also the sinking of a Cerberus. And 6 undead Spanish on Cutthroat. That's all of my quests..

For the past week I've been unable to complete several quests due to broken dig spots, in every quest I've searched every single dig spot more than 3 times over and every single time 'Did not find any quest items'.

(and yes I have tried relogging multiple times and hopping to other servers)

Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?
ya i have all my quests stuck on digging part as well, lol one of the support people just said ingore them and do something else.

Bump. Now ALL of my quests but one require digging. I cannot complete any of them. I have returned on various days, after relogging, etc., checked various dig spots. No one else in game that I have met also has this problem. But it is extremely prolific for me. I am very frustrated, not having any quests that I can actually accomplish.

Seems like I'm not the only one. I have 3 quests that involve digging that I cannot get past. Also the sinking of a Cerberus. And 6 undead Spanish on Cutthroat. That's all of my quests..
I managed to get that quest that requires 6 undead on Cutthroat by killing the boss named Tomas Blanco 6 times.

I'm having the same problem, I can't get the portraits for Cangrejos. But I got the ones from Rumrunner.

EDIT: Cangrejos worked after avoiding the quest for a while

Last edited:
I was having trouble with the digging spots on a few islands, but on one of the islands they worked and when I returned to the other ones they started working. I'm not sure if this is the same for everyone so if you're still having trouble with this and you have to go to multiple places or have multiple quests just try all of the islands.

Bump, still a problem after 1.2.5

EDIT: Emailed support, they said that devs are on it and to wait patiently until it is fixed.

Last edited:
I was also stuck, until someone in my guild mentioned that you can get it to work if you do them in a certain order. That worked for me. (I'm guessing what that order is will depend on the specific quests you have.)

I've encountered the issue with multiple quests. Unfortunately the ordering theory Will mentioned hasn't fixed the issue for me. Here's a list of the current quests I have that are affected by this:

Fine Cutlass Upgrade: Pirate Lore
Bloodletter Upgrade: Stolen Daggers
Grand Pistol Upgrade: Erasmus' Pistol
Clothing Fit For a Pirate
Family Valuables (Rumrunner and Cangrejos paintings worked, not Tortuga though)
Special Ink
El Patron''s Lost Weapons

I'll be sure to post more quests that have issues as I come across them. Weirdly enough, I didn't have any issues with the Padres Del Fuego teleportation quest between Beta 1.2.4-1.2.5.

EDIT:
As of 1.2.6, the ordering Will mentioned is working. I was able to complete Special Ink, and then Clothing Fit For a Pirate is now working. Hopefully the other quests will fall into place now.

Last edited:
I am now unable to finish my Dagger quest. I cant dig up a spots, everytime i hit shift it just says nothing interesting.

I also had this problem for a while and was unable to progress in any of my quests. I finally got it to work after trying the dig spots in a different order as people have been suggesting. After completing the part of one quest that required dig spots on different islands, I turned it in and tried a different quest that required dig spots, which still did not work. Luckily, I found that the dig spots for another quest had started working, and after completing that quest the other set of dig spots worked too.

The glitch had started once I got the quest for the dig spots on multiple islands ("Family Valuables").

Back