Quests Dig spots are broken?

I also had this problem for a while and was unable to progress in any of my quests. I finally got it to work after trying the dig spots in a different order as people have been suggesting. After completing the part of one quest that required dig spots on different islands, I turned it in and tried a different quest that required dig spots, which still did not work. Luckily, I found that the dig spots for another quest had started working, and after completing that quest the other set of dig spots worked too.

The glitch had started once I got the quest for the dig spots on multiple islands ("Family Valuables").

Thank you for that information. I will check when I get home if I have other dig quest and try them first and in different orders. Any hope to get my daggers will be great.

I hope this bug gets fixed soon.

I still have issues for the paintings on Cangrejos and the diamond digging in misty mire (and that's part of the Pearl quest).

Seems like I'm not the only one. I have 3 quests that involve digging that I cannot get past. Also the sinking of a Cerberus. And 6 undead Spanish on Cutthroat. That's all of my quests..

I found a "work around" for the Spanish undead. You have to kill the boss 6 times! good luck. He does not pursue so you can run away, heal, and return to fight again (and again, and again... depending on your level and whether solo). I had a problem with digging on Cangrejos but solved it by staying at one spot. Currently having an issue with paintings on Tortuga though (need to finish reading this thread hopefully)

update: for portraits. Went to Cangrejos first this time (as I was picking up the skeleton infestation quest). Got those portraits. Got booted for time so wound back in Tortuga. No luck. Sailed to Rum and got those portraits. Then back to Tortuga and finally got those.

Last edited:
maxresdefault (1).jpg

Still not fixed...

I would just go back to the beginning of the thread and try everything others have done. One of my pirates has completed the Black Pearl quest (except the battle at the end) but that was a few updates ago. My secondary completed the family valuables one (after I looked for them in a different order as mentioned previously) and is working through the Pearl quest line as well. Try different servers, different order, all of the dig spots on the islands. I do not think fixing something that most people have been able to work around is a high priority for them.
Vestibulum vincere aptet! (Adapt, improvise, overcome). Good luck.

Different servers don't work. I somehow got it to work. Try untracking the quest and then exit out of the game completely and then retry it. Not sure why it would work, or if it was just a coincidence, but that's when it started working for me. After 1 dig spot worked, all of them worked.

Did everything suggested but no matter what I do I can't find the buried treasure on Padres Del Fuego for the Black Pearl Quest. Any advice?

I'd been stuck with several digging quests for a few weeks now. I would try them again periodically if I happened to be in the right place, but ...nothing. A couple of days ago during a fit of boredom I decided to make a concerted effort.

I tried one at random (the one that I was in the correct area for when I spawned) and it was no go, tried the next (physically) closest one...again nothing. By time I'd been around a few places, I couldn't remember which ones I'd tried and which ones not, so I began again with a more systematic approach. I started on the one showing uppermost in my journal and it worked! I continued the rest, in the order that they showed in my journal, every one worked correctly. I didn't at any time change servers (I always play on the same one), I just went down them in order.

Of course it could just be coincidence that they all worked, but after several weeks of being stuck with them, it sure feels good only having my one current active quest in my Quest Log :)

Last edited:
For the past week I've been unable to complete several quests due to broken dig spots, in every quest I've searched every single dig spot more than 3 times over and every single time 'Did not find any quest items'.

(and yes I have tried relogging multiple times and hopping to other servers)

Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?
I have had the same problem you have with dig spots, it is a real problem to me. I would appreciate tlopo fixing it.

I've done the Island Digs several times now ( 5 Pirates ) and It took me about 3 days and I Started from the Bottom up in quest log , Quests do not put Items in any Order . I've had the same quest on 2 Pirates and the List where In different orders !!!
I use quick dig also , Speeds up the chances that It May work ! lol Thanks to Mickey !!!

For the past week I've been unable to complete several quests due to broken dig spots, in every quest I've searched every single dig spot more than 3 times over and every single time 'Did not find any quest items'.

(and yes I have tried relogging multiple times and hopping to other servers)

Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?
I am having that same problem with the "Grand Pistol Upgrade" quest :(

Back