Disable all email notifications?

Marc Swordbreaker

Notorious Pirate
Is there an option available to completely disable email notifications even when I reply to a thread? It's gets annoying having to disable it for each individual thread after I post a comment.

https://piratesforums.co/account/preferences
replies.png

Uncheck the highlighted option. Let me know if the above works for you.

Thank you for reaching us out

You can also block the email address of the forums on your email.
I wouldn't really recommend this option mate. I know that automated e-mails can sometimes fill up your inbox and get you frustrated but the e-mail address from which you are receiving those e-mails can also be used for help inquires (i.e. should you get locked out of your account) and thus if it's blocked we will get back to you but you won't be able to see it.

Regarding the e-mail notifications, I'd like to add 2 more things on top of my above message.

(1.) Watched Threads. If you have been a member of these forums for years now, there might be a possibility that you're following numerous threads. If you'd want to disable the notifications for all of them, redirect here: https://piratesforums.co/watched/threads/all, click on 'Manage Watched Threads' and execute 'Disable e-mail notifications'.
reply1.png

(2.) Watched Forums. If you are watching multiple forums and receive a lot of e-mails every time someone starts a new thread, redirect here: https://piratesforums.co/watched/forums, check the forums you'd like to unsubscribe, scroll down to the bottom of the page, choose 'Disable e-mail notification' and press 'Go'
reply2.png

These 2 options alongside with your account's settings should hopefully terminate the e-mail notification system and end your frustration.

Let us know if you have any more questions or if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Mark

I wouldn't really recommend this option mate. I know that automated e-mails can sometimes fill up your inbox and get you frustrated but the e-mail address from which you are receiving those e-mails can also be used for help inquires (i.e. should you get locked out of your account) and thus if it's blocked we will get back to you but you won't be able to see it.

Regarding the e-mail notifications, I'd like to add 2 more things on top of my above message.

(1.) Watched Threads. If you have been a member of these forums for years now, there might be a possibility that you're following numerous threads. If you'd want to disable the notifications for all of them, redirect here: https://piratesforums.co/watched/threads/all, click on 'Manage Watched Threads' and execute 'Disable e-mail notifications'.
View attachment 89981

(2.) Watched Forums. If you are watching multiple forums and receive a lot of e-mails every time someone starts a new thread, redirect here: https://piratesforums.co/watched/forums, check the forums you'd like to unsubscribe, scroll down to the bottom of the page, choose 'Disable e-mail notification' and press 'Go'
View attachment 89982

These 2 options alongside with your account's settings should hopefully terminate the e-mail notification system and end your frustration.

Let us know if you have any more questions or if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Mark
The only reason I didn't do this is because when I tried using that option, it didn't work, so I just blocked the email. Should probably be looked into though, the box isn't checked but I would still get emails. I would just have to unblock the email if I did need help from the support team, which I would do. However, I don't plan on needing any help or moderation on the forums, so hopefully I don't need to!

The only reason I didn't do this is because when I tried using that option, it didn't work, so I just blocked the email. Should probably be looked into though, the box isn't checked but I would still get emails. I would just have to unblock the email if I did need help from the support team, which I would do. However, I don't plan on needing any help or moderation on the forums, so hopefully I don't need to!
If you don't mind me asking, what's the subject of e-mails you're receiving? Reply-to-threads notifications?, New threads posted to watched forums?, Copy of conversations (PM) received to you?

I don't think there's a problem with our system. I too was receiving a lot of e-mails so I've restricted them to copies of conversations received only. I have just checked back with my e-mail and I didn't see anything more than my PMs.

Please let us know so that we can check into it

If you don't mind me asking, what's the subject of e-mails you're receiving? Reply-to-threads notifications?, New threads posted to watched forums?, Copy of conversations (PM) received to you?

I don't think there's a problem with our system. I too was receiving a lot of e-mails so I've restricted them to copies of conversations received only. I have just checked back with my e-mail and I didn't see anything more than my PMs.

Please let us know so that we can check into it
I was still receiving all emails with the box checked (alerts, PMs, etc). I figured it was a problem on my end so I didn't bother to report it, but if it's a possible issue I hope it can be fixed ;).

Per the above, that box only controls the setting on future watched threads. You must follow the rest of the instructions to change the settings for your existing watched threads.

Back