Suggestion Disable option for the new email account security feature?

seawench

Pirate Apprentice
Every time I try to login on the launcher so I can play the game, it claims I'm in a new location and I never am because I only play the game at home. So every time I want to play, I have to go into my email and re-submit my "new" location. I don't know if this is intentional or not but, frankly, it's annoying. I don't want to have to get into my email every time I want to play the game.

My suggestion is to create some kind of disable feature for this new security feature. When an account is created for the first time, this feature should automatically be implemented of course, but if a user (like me) wants to disable it, they should have that option. And obviously there should be a disclaimer just under the disable feature to inform people of what exactly it is they are doing and how much of a risk it is. Also, if they disable this feature and their account gets stolen, then it's their own fault and they have to deal with it. I think that's fair. I'm certainly willing to take the risk.

It already has an option to disable it after you have logged 3x . I haven't looked for it, but I would assume that it's on the TLoPO website somewhere.

It wasn't designed to ask for confirmation every time you log but a lucky few of us (I heard around 5%) ...our ISP is set up in a way that makes it think we are logging from a different place. That does make me wonder if the disable feature would work for us though, since the program thinks we're logging from a new location.

I have the same problem, so I understand where you're coming from....but I'd rather confirm my location every time and keep the extra security. :)

It wasn't designed to ask for confirmation every time you log but a lucky few of us (I heard around 5%) ...our ISP is set up in a way that makes it think we are logging from a different place.
Please continue to share feedback about this. The team has tried to tweak things a bit to hopefully minimize this, but further adjustments can likely be made depending on how frequent and widespread this issue is.

I have the same problem. When I use wifi, it brings up the location with my city and state, but if I connect over hotspot or sometimes ethernet, it says the location is None, None, United States. I have to confirm the location at least once a day, but not every single time I log in.

Thought I'd add some feedback to this aswell.

I haven't sadly had time to be in game much but I get this the same way as Alli. Asks me to confirm location the first time I log in that day then I hasn't asked when I log back in later that day.
I use wi-fi and the same Pc every time and also get location as None, None, Finland. I have no VPN.

I just wanted to add that despite having to confirm my location at least once a day, I have only managed to obtain two locations. Therefore, I can't disable Arrrmor. Does this mean I need to take my laptop to a new location to disable this feature? Why is that necessary? The sentiment of my suggestion remains.

Hello there, Every day or couple days when I login it showing me a massege about 'new location login' and I have to accept somthing from the e-mail, Can you check what does it is?

I've had the same dilemma as some of the posts mentioned before me ^
I've tried to disable mine also but it's only showing one location. Do we need to travel with our laptops to get it to add new locations??
Starbucks does have a BOGO special going on this week, maybe that could work out ;)

Can account security be left up to individual players? (meaning if Tlopo disabled it for all of us, could players activate it themselves if they want?)

I've had the same dilemma as some of the posts mentioned before me ^
I've tried to disable mine also but it's only showing one location. Do we need to travel with our laptops to get it to add new locations??
Starbucks does have a BOGO special going on this week, maybe that could work out ;)

Can account security be left up to individual players? (meaning if Tlopo disabled it for all of us, could players activate it themselves if they want?)

To add a bit to what Punkin Pie has mentioned ...
I am also receiving these messages, however, my computer is not portable, as it's a desktop. Won't be carrying this to Starbucks!
I agree with her suggestion that the account security be left up to the individual players. There is no way for me to add two more locations to my account in order to disable this feature and it's getting rather annoying. Is there a reason that ONE location verification isn't sufficient to disable it?
Also, another circumstance to support Punkin Pie's suggestion, my son is in the military and will be traveling extensively. The option to set up his own security would be extremely helpful. What about security questions instead of using the email address?
Thank you & Fair Winds ...
:pirate ship:

I also am experiencing the same problem once I add my location it normally is good for about a day until it says I am logging in from a new location(even though every time I log in its from the same place).

Back