Question Disconnecting with loot?

tkoestdance

Swashbuckler
Hey Pirates! So, I have a question. If we disconnect while docking our ship (with loot on it), does the loot go to you, or does it disappear? If it does disappear, will TLOPO fix this issue? (this thread was inspired because I just got rare ship materials then disconnected when I docked )

Getting small items such as materials, cheat cards etc would be a really interesting mechanism to be honest.

Other than that I'd personally suggest you to keep material runs short for now so that you may avoid disconnections while porting. Don't risk putting your gunpowder to a waste, shorter runs can prove beneficial and will (possibly) award you more supplies for your vessel to upgrade.

Ideally, the loot would remain on the ship until a successful port, assuming this is always going to be a risk.

Last edited:
Ideally, the loot would remain on the ship util a successful port, assuming this is always going to be a risk.

There has been a few times my ship will say it has a full amount of cargo, but I believe it either disappears when I set sail again, or it bugs me out and I may spawn in the water haha. I know there is a good solution somewhere haha.

It's a tricky one to design around, because there's generally more than one player to distribute loot to and we don't really know how often this will happen in general play once most of the beta bugs are ironed out. In general though, a system that deals with loot entirely server-side, immune to client crashes and disconnects would be a good idea.

I don't know about you all, but the plunder shared gold AND materials are banked from me. I take note of what I have before I port, just in case I crash, and when I do, I check my materials pouch, and it always goes up if materials are in the hold. I miss out on loot pouches, chests and all that, but gold and materials are DEFINITELY banked

Back