Suggestion Discontinued, Unique, Extremely Rare, etc. Clothing

seawench

Pirate Apprentice
OK so let me start off my suggestion with a short story. Back in 2008, some friends and I were leveling up on Cuba when I discovered a really rare piece of clothing (for back then). And I'm using "rare" in the everyday sense of the word, not the game item rarity meaning. Anyway, we were just leveling up so we could use our new pirates to 3-vs-1 higher level jumpers in PvP (back when you could), and because back then looting wasn't a thing.

All of a sudden, after killing a weak, lowly alligator, out of the corner of my big, beautiful, brown eyes, I noticed a pop-up saying I picked up a pair of pants that I didn't really recognize initially. It went to the tailor, of course, because back then you didn't have an inventory. The pop-up momentarily piqued my interest, but I thought surely I must've been mistaken. Lo and behold, I had picked up these:
By TLOPO's standards, these are not that rare. Sure, they're now in the "bright" category, which is still technically ~rare~ and hard to come by, but not nearly as rare as they were by POTCO standards. In fact, these actually got more rare as time went on in POTCO because they were discontinued by circa 2009, I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that one. Either way, I think it's safe to say that either most of the people who were able to loot these items way back in the day quit, or were banned. I assume this because you would rarely see anyone wearing anything that you didn't know the source of.

So what does this potentially boring story have to do with my suggestion? If I'm being honest, everyone in TLOPO low-key looks the same. Like, clothes-wise, everyone looks the same. It's boring. Everyone is decked out in the same bright clothes that you've seen a million times. Everything is pretty much available to everyone, given enough time and effort. My suggestion is to make items that people can brag about having. My suggestion is making unique, discontinued clothes items (including tattoos as well) and weapons but that's another suggestion altogether that really make pirates stand out as unique. Via redeem codes and looting (and maybe other future methods) I believe this is entirely possible.

There used to be contests in POTCO (albeit they were few and far between), such as the fishing contest (that I won btw 😊 lol), that would reward winners with redeem codes. Perhaps, for example, TLOPO can host a limited-time fishing contest (whoever catches the most fish wins type of deal), and 10 of the 50 listed winners can get a redeem code emailed to them for an exclusive clothing that will never be made available in any way, ever again. And by this I mean: If TLOPO decides to host another fishing contest after that one, they will not use the same exclusive clothing item from the last fishing contest, effectively making the clothing item discontinued.

Other examples of things they can do:
- Who can defeat the most amount of ___ enemy in ___ time
- Who can win the most times in PvP/SvS during ___ time
- Drawing/poetry/[something creative and potentially outside of the game] contests
- Who can get the farthest in cannon defense
- Item can only be looted during a particular month, week, day, whatever, and will never be made lootable/available again (similar to my pants example above)
- Brewing ___ potion on particular month, week, day will give ___, never to be made lootable/available again
- Quest only available on this one particular period of time resulting it item never be to made lootable/available again

I think y'all get the point. I just feel like right now, we're playing a collection game and there's nothing we can collect that isn't constantly accessible to everyone. I'm just asking for cooler, more interesting, unique, items of clothing/tattoos that make people actually want to participate in this collection game.

And before anyone says the presence of discontinued items isn't fair - both POTCO and TLOPO have already had discontinued items before (and I hope they keep them discontinued btw):

Like you already mentioned it wouldn't really be fair to have a contest where what one person gets the reward? I think the tlopo developers didn't and still don't even have contests where you can win items because people would complain too much about unfairness and they did bring back those bandanas a couple of times along side a lot of other redeem code items.

tenor.gif

I never said only one person can win a contest - that would up to staff... I even gave an example where top 10 out of 50 acknowledged winners get the redeem code. So.. not sure where you got that lol but go off sis...

And if game implementations were based on whether or not we complained, then there would be no chat filters. I can give other examples of when mass-complaining hasn't gotten us what we want.

tenor.gif

I never said only one person can win a contest - that would up to staff... I even gave an example where top 10 out of 50 acknowledged winners get the redeem code. So.. not sure where you got that lol but go off sis...

And if game implementations were based on whether or not we complained, then there would be no chat filters. I can give other examples of when mass-complaining hasn't gotten us what we want.
My bad I didn't see that and I just think since the staff haven't really created a contest where players get actual items they probably won't do it in the future but who knows maybe they will and I'm a guy so...

Personally I wouldn't mind having some stuff be only available through winning a contest of sorts. I really miss the contests/races that potco used to have and I really hope tlopo has some in the future.

Back