Discussion Discussion Thread: The Old Islands!

I also like the idea of time travel.

Imagine if a quest starts at a certain level and tells you to go to a specific spot in the ocean and then it goes into a cutscene with dramatic music and a sinkhole appears and sucks your ship into the sea and you then turn up on a map where all the islands are from the past.

We're aware of the community's patience, and that is something we're thankful for. However we do not plan on releasing rushed or poor quality content - and we're definitely not willing to drop out of school, leave our jobs, or put this game ahead of our lives. The level of entitlement you exhibit is concerning to say the least. Not only concerning but also quite offensive to the team of individuals who literally have nothing to gain from sacrificing hours upon hours of their lives to make sure our small community is happy.

Not entirely right! You guys have our (many, many, many thousands of players) unending gratitude, loyalty and love!;)

(I believe btw that we will continue to see numbers of registered players and players in game continue to grow over the coming years, I constantly meet players that have just discovered TLOPO and even some that never played POTCO! There are still millions of former POTCO and new players out there waiting to join us!)

It's upsetting for me sometimes just to read stuff on Forums, we all tend to forget other peoples realities, all of you guys that have been doing "The Work" for the last 5 years, are giving us what we thought we would never have again. For some like myself The End in 2013 was very hard to accept... not to mention painful.

It has amazed me over the years how well everyone in The Crew has coped and learnt how to balance life with the "great demands" of putting this back together and more so continuing to grow it!

Never let this mission get in the way of a full, successful and happy life! Personally I don't mind if you put it ahead of your "own life's" plans occasionally:p He, he, he...

Thanks again all... you guy's are The Greatest!

Kind Regards... Solomon Helmfitte (Most Fearsome Pirate of The Caribbean & GM of Party Hat Pyros!)

PS. Waiting for new content or improvements doesn't really take patience on our behalf at all... it's always fun! It's you guys that need to be patient with all those little lines of code... naughty little lines of code! : )

Last edited:
  • Not sure how we can fix your "feelings". TLOPO will not go in any direction that is detrimental to the game or community.
  • Nothing we can do about the community's patience. People will simply have to wait.
  • Your third point is excruciatingly false. The way I see it, the only notable achievements so far (applies to all remakes) have been TLOPO's.
We're aware of the community's patience, and that is something we're thankful for. However we do not plan on releasing rushed or poor quality content - and we're definitely not willing to drop out of school, leave our jobs, or put this game ahead of our lives. The level of entitlement you exhibit is concerning to say the least. Not only concerning but also quite offensive to the team of individuals who literally have nothing to gain from sacrificing hours upon hours of their lives to make sure our small community is happy.
Curious. What sense of entitlement do you think I appear to have? I tried to mentioned things as a gesture of good faith (in lieu of 'my own' support shown towards TLOPO).

What I don't particular like in lieu of how things played out with your responses are:
  1. Assumptions
  2. ALL CAPS/BOLD points made by you initially as if the OP (prior to the thread's split) was open to receiving support only/disregarding other opinions
This is out of your control but, I don't agree too with the thread being split. (Sure, I get 'the reason.' But...it inadvertently denies other discussion to the OP other than outright support towards it via suggestion. If 'all' opinions and discussion matter, as reps. of TLOPO claim, why the split to the thread separate from excessive drama resulting from it? *I had personally seen other threads much worse than this one/off-topic which have yet to be split)!

I had hoped my own points written would bring about a little understanding. Instead, you and others pounced upon them quickly. Yes, I had waited this long to respond. *My intent is not to polarize!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great graphics and realism in those.
I just noticed something I didn't even know was in the game or never and that is the gallows. Just the platforms are there and I wondered what they were for all this time, now I know. Hangmans noose isn't very positive imagining.

Back