Suggestion Dislike Button

JackRedhawk

Honorable Pirate
Sooo, here's a question why is there not a dislike button? Are we not allowed to disagree with each other? I doubt having a dislike button would cause drama. We do not need a stat such as showing how many dislikes you have (like how it shows your amt of likes) just it would show how many dislikes a specific comment has.

-Jack

Sooo, here's a question why is there not a dislike button? Are we not allowed to disagree with each other? I doubt having a dislike button would cause drama. We do not need a stat such as showing how many dislikes you have (like how it shows your amt of likes) just it would show how many dislikes a specific comment has.

-Jack
I personally feel like it isn't necessary. The way it is now, if you want someone to know you dislike their post, you generally have to quote them and explain yourself and further the conversation (the way I am now ;) ). Plus explaining your reasoning is more polite than just clicking a put-down button. You know what I mean? :)

Edit: Also I just don't think we need the negativity that could potentially result from this.

A dislike button would be nice to implement I believe, I think that negativity has a place here as long as there are no attacks on people's character instead of what they are saying.

However, if you want to ask a specific question and get the quick opinion of the community, polls work fine. The dislike button would be nice, but it's not very useful when you have polling.

Since disliking something carries a negative tone, I think you should have to be explicit about it by replying with your opinion and reasoning. It shouldn't be a passive activity. If you don't like something but can't be bothered to explain why, leaving it unliked is a round-about passive way to show your lack of support.

A little blast from the past concerning this topic...

https://piratesforums.co/members/davy-darkrage.1/?page=52#profile-post-21434
@Davy Darkrage :p

...and I personally don't see the need for one now.
Heh, I had forgotten all about that.

I second what Davy said, although I was never against the idea of a dislike button personally because I know I wouldn't abuse it. You can't ever be sure though, the dislike button isn't the problem imo, the excess use of it is lol. Plus forums have proven to be a magnet of drama so imagine what something like that would do :) its not easy to monitor not really.

Blab a bit more explaining your opinion if you so much disagree on something otherwise as others said just stay passive. I can't quite call any other social platform that has dislike buttons except the angry faces on fb to be honest

tumblr_lrlnd9NKx61qa4w2fo1_500.gif

Back