Suggestion Dislike Button

Didn't read others post so sorry if someone already said this but I would agree to the dislike button, and to add to that I would like to add that there should be more options! I was on another forum, one for a G-mod server and they have multiple options such butt: "Funny, Dislike, Disagree, Informative, dumb, etc" Although it could potentially hurt someones feelings, this is the internet and if someone is asking for an opinion, than they should get whatever answer comes their way.

Didn't read others post so sorry if someone already said this but I would agree to the dislike button, and to add to that I would like to add that there should be more options! I was on another forum, one for a G-mod server and they have multiple options such ***: "Funny, Dislike, Disagree, Informative, dumb, etc" Although it could potentially hurt someones feelings, this is the internet and if someone is asking for an opinion, than they should get whatever answer comes their way.
Meh, when someone says "you hurt my feelings" my response is still
"What's you're point?"

I agree with the general sentiment here. Not really a pressing need for a dislike button. If a post is truly deserving of being disliked by more than one or two people, it's quite possible the post shouldn't even exist on these forums to begin with.

^^ Agreed, i'm of the belief the moderators do a good enough job of keeping that stuff off here. Moreover, there's the potential for needless dislikes (Using them to be a nuisance or just mass downvote posts that are perfectly ok).

I'm gonna say no on this one.
Dislikes are just going to cause needless drama, there's going to be trolls that are a looking to infuriate people and that's never good.

To be honest, I completely agree with Jack that there should be a dislike button, but only if they provide a reason why they disliked it. Not only will the dislike button give a little more freedom to the community, but it will also teach people to take criticism the right way and not overreact when someone doesn't like their post.

photo.jpg

To be honest, I completely agree with Jack that there should be a dislike button, but only if they provide a reason why they disliked it. Not only will the dislike button give a little more freedom to the community, but it will also teach people to take criticism the right way and not overreact when someone doesn't like their post.

photo.jpg
I disagre. Like Jack said earlier, the dislike button will cause a bunch a drama, plus there's trolls. You can't make EVERYONE talk about why they disliked the posts. Also it will make a lot of people angry.

...If a post is truly deserving of being disliked by more than one or two people, it's quite possible the post shouldn't even exist on these forums to begin with.
I don't know about that although I do understand what you are getting at.

So, I say a lot of things that a lot of people don't like.:smh:Should I too not feel welcome here with the freedom to post things a lot of people don't agree with (as long as I both respect and abide by the rules)? *I feel that everyone should have that right, regardless of how the majority of people do feel about topics of discussion/posts written.

I truly agree with what you're saying. A possible flaw to such a viewpoint however is what you already mentioned; constructive criticism.

Constructive criticism is a good thing. However, it can be misconstrued to be used as a means to an end - for someone. Given how some people have not yet moved beyond their own POTCO grudges, a dislike option would only reinforce the facilitation of said grudge. Enforcing people as well to respond towards their own dislike would likely clash two people together to the point to where the frustration level could grow from a non-threatening simmer to a boiling-over-the-pot "how dare you do that to me," kind of response and circumstance.

In my opinion, it's best for people not to understand whom dislikes their own posts...for all parties involved.

So, I say a lot of things that a lot of people don't like.:smh:Should I too not feel welcome here with the freedom to post things a lot of people don't agree with (as long as I both respect and abide by the rules)? *I feel that everyone should have that right, regardless of how the majority of people do feel about topics of discussion/posts written.

I truly agree with what you're saying. A possible flaw to such a viewpoint however is what you already mentioned; constructive criticism.

Constructive criticism is a good thing. However, it can be misconstrued to be used as a means to an end - for someone. Given how some people have not yet moved beyond their own POTCO grudges, a dislike option would only reinforce the facilitation of said grudge. Enforcing people as well to respond towards their own dislike would likely clash two people together to the point to where the frustration level could grow from a non-threatening simmer to a boiling-over-the-pot "how dare you do that to me," kind of response and circumstance.

In my opinion, it's best for people not to understand whom dislikes their own posts...for all parties involved.
I agree with what was said. Having a disagree button can and probably will cause drama. one of which the mods here work very hard at trying to keep from happening let's not make there job any harder

Indeed, if we censor posts that people don't agree with and do not break the rules, we become alike to our enemy.

I think you misunderstood what I meant. If a post is getting a lot of dislikes say on... YouTube, it's usually because it's inflammatory or spam. Now, since we have such great mods on the forums, they clean up that kind of stuff, which leaves us with no real use of a dislike button. If someone disagrees with a post here, they are free to keep scrolling; I don't really feel a dislike button would add any useful service to the forums.

Back