Question Disney and eye patches.

Should we get eye patches as garb?

• Total voters

squintz

Pirate Lord
I find it very odd that a pirate game has no eye patches for garb. Considering pirates actually wore them hours before battle so they can switch them out or off when they board ships and go below. Patches were thought to be devices to aid in seeing in the dark right away when going below. I guess they just flip them up or twist them around as they battled or plundered in the bowels of ships where it's dark as burnt undead.
So, why do we not have a garb item of a eye patch.

What did disney have against kids wearing eye patches as toon pirates?

I totally think we should have eye patches in game!
I downloaded blender and am trying to learn how to use it and do 3d modelling.
Im not doing TOO bad, but my issue is if i make a eye patch, how do i know or make it so it would be compatible/easily added to TLOPO characters? Im sure simply makin just a 3d eye patch is not going to be helpful to the team,idk

I find it very odd that a pirate game has no eye patches for garb. Considering pirates actually wore them hours before battle so they can switch them out or off when they board ships and go below. Patches were thought to be devices to aid in seeing in the dark right away when going below. I guess they just flip them up or twist them around as they battled or plundered in the bowels of ships where it's dark as burnt undead.

There are complete pirate ensembles, including eye patches in Toontown and on TTRewritten as well.

Disney shied away originally from body augments like hooks and peg looks and eye patches. Ironically they had no issue with piercings, tats and scars.

But now, an eye patch could be simple enough if treated as a hat or as a face tat.
I could get into hooks too, especially if melee attacking was introduced. The hook is a weapon as well.
I guess dagger is melee?

This has been discussed before many times, probably lost in the POTCO section on the forums.

There was a point when POTCO emailed everyone with a survey, asking questions about things we wanted implemented in the game. On section was over eye patches, hooks and peg legs. I do believe that they wanted to implement these into the game at some point, but like all the other things we and the developers both wanted, things were cut or disregarded... eventually the game closed.

I would totally love these things added into the game. I do like the idea of the hook hand having a melee ability as well.

There are complete pirate ensembles, including eye patches in Toontown and on TTRewritten as well.
I never knew this.

Well, if a bunch of dogs, cows, or whatever (toon) derivatives come out of the TTO property have aye patches...surely a Pirates of the Caribbean remake :flag1:could possibly do the same.

I agree with this...

Totally agree!
No eye patches, no real pirates!
But to make it even more funny, I propose a second option: a double eye patch :)

Ironically, one of the game "tips" is not to wear 2 eye patches at once while playing the game!

Ironically, one of the game "tips" is not to wear 2 eye patches at once while playing the game!
That's correct, but it doesn't say anything against your pirate toon wearing two eye patches.
Our society is again hyperventilating about even the most obscure item possibly offending anyone, I guess a peg leg could be offensive to handicapped players.

More important things could be done with their time.. then adding eyepatches.

That's correct, but it doesn't say anything against your pirate toon wearing two eye patches.
Our society is again hyperventilating about even the most obscure item possibly offending anyone, I guess a peg leg could be offensive to handicapped players.
why . barbossa had a peg leg in the last movie. if it offends people they can get happy in the same clothes they got mad in

I think an eye patch would be a fantastic addition & if it was done as a tat or hat application, not too complicated hopefully!
I actually don't think it's a disney thing or social issue. I think it's more a developer issue of justifying the work on a cosmetic wish that hasn't risen to a level of importance or concern. Say the dev's don't even really look at the noise unless it hits a 75% to 25% ratio of wants.

Back