Disney Ban - Who Is It Moderating???

Will

Site Founder
O_O
I just got this from disney:

Our records indicate that there may have been a violation of our Code of Conduct connected to your account, outlined in the chat log below:

• January 23, 2011 1:14:39 AM PST : FUnny bumping into u too

Please be aware that violations of the Disney Online Terms of Use and/or House Rules can lead to disciplinary action, such as a hold being placed on your account.

Remember that anything that might be frowned upon while at a Walt Disney Theme Park would also be frowned upon in our games and sites. Keep it clean and be sure not to share personal information online. For more information on internet safety and manners, please visit our netiquette page athttp://home.disney.go.com/guestservices/netiquette.

Thank you,

The Disney Online Team

Some keywords flag accounts for review automatically. That email doesn't indicate a ban, but serves as a "warning." If you do end up getting banned due to the incompetence of Disney staff - give them a call at 1 (877) 427-7744.

lol... like one time at dark hart my friend was like "i got a ***tant, now i completed the whole treasure collection." then some random guy said "***tant is what you have with a girl!" i dont think he got banned though
with caps you can get around the system

Oops
It was a mistake.. From a computer..
My bad..
I just e-mailed them :/
EDIT (Jan 23, 2011 at 1:34 PM):
lol... like one time at dark hart my friend was like "i got a ***tant, now i completed the whole treasure collection." then some random guy said "***tant is what you have with a girl!" i dont think he got banned though
with caps you can get around the system
ROFL

Protest, protest, protest! I would have emailed, done lived chat and called them! Should I help you march to their office carrying a baseball bat and do the "never say no to Panda" thingy? :p ... jk ... jk ...

lol Jade that is just about what needs to happen.... when i started my new account they asked about if there was anything they could improve.... i told them closet space and coin flip...he told me the coin flip animation wise is gone till further notice....as for this situation Will.....truely sad....

I can remember when actual moderaters used to come into the game and deal with problems. It seems whats happened over the past couple years is that they have come to rely more and more on robotic filters and automatic bans. They have never been known to use good sense in their moderation policies, but it was much better when actual moderaters were involved in sorting things out.

I received a warning email from Disney also....some pirate had "s*xi" in a thought bubble. I said to him "you can't say that on this game" and he said "say what?" Stupid me.....repeated it, only didn't put "i" on the end....hopefully he got a banned for a few days! Also, on the same email, I had said "an a hole" when I meant to say "in a hole" Sounds like someone reported me for some reason also....I dont remember the hole thing. Oh well....I watch it now and keep out of other pirates business!

I received a warning email from Disney also....some pirate had "s*xi" in a thought bubble. I said to him "you can't say that on this game" and he said "say what?" Stupid me.....repeated it, only didn't put "i" on the end....hopefully he got a banned for a few days! Also, on the same email, I had said "an a hole" when I meant to say "in a hole" Sounds like someone reported me for some reason also....I dont remember the hole thing. Oh well....I watch it now and keep out of other pirates business!
lol be carful lol Im not being harsh

Relying too much on auto filters and auto bans is the height of stupidity, I mentioned before that the Rat doesn't excercise a lot of common sense in their moderation policies. I've known of people getting bans for typos. And in many cases the idiotic filters catch words that were perfectly innocent in the context they are used. To quote a famous or infamous headshrinker
"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" Sigmund Freud

And in many cases the idiotic filters catch words that were perfectly innocent in the context they are used. To quote a famous or infamous headshrinker

In other words ... you're saying that Disney team's thinking is 'filthy' by default (just like Freud was) and can't see the innocent context sometimes. Because of some machine. I like that! Good analogy!

That's more or less what's happening. Computers can only analyze chat as it literally appears, they can't decipher context, or take typos into account. Fortunately the only case where automatic bans occur is when someone outright uses a vulgar word. Other words/phrases can just flag for review by a moderator.. though the Disney moderators are as bad at making fair judgements as the people approving names are at approving names.

Fortunately Disney does accept appeals to bans, so if you ever get banned because of a mistake on their part, just give them a call and it can be reversed.

Back