Disney buys LucasArts

Solomon Warshot

Site Founder
So apparently a couple of days ago Disney bought out LucasArts which might means a little more money is going to be floating around. Any chances of this money maybe going towards DIMG? also for you star wars fans out there... they've said they're making Star Wars Episode VII in 2015

They're going to make new Star Wars 7, 8, and 9. Which I hate. They should not be continuing Star Wars, it's over and done with so just leave it at that. Disney is a money-hungry company so of course they're going to milk it for all it's worth.
They're also probably not putting anything towards DIMG. It's a worthless company in terms of money compared to LucasArts and Disney itself. The money is, chances are, going to go towards LucasArts to make all the new Star Wars movies.

burgess-meredith-gun.jpg

My face when Disney ruins everything once again...

You can only watch Star Wars so many times until it gets boring. :flag:

Idk how I feel about this. First off while I am in no way a Star Wars fan[I can't watch longer than an hour without getting bored] I do understand what it's about and the demand that fans expect to be included. The only not cartoony movie that Disney has made that can remotely be considered in the same league as Star Wars is of course Pirates of the Caribbean. Disney has done well making the Potc movies, but it is unknown if they can handle going from Pirates to Sci-fi. No one really knows if Disney can handle it as they've only made 1 series of non cartoony movie[again I'm referring to Potco] so well have fun seeing if that turns out remotely good.

Ps with Disney now busy with making Lucasfilms sequels in their own way we should not get remotely excited about seeing Potc 5 anytime soon.

they said lucasARTS its a video game companyOh and just so you know I am writting a novel called A Test For Vader's Apprentice. It is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
If my memory serves me correctly, Disney did do sci-fi very recently with John Carter. I very much enjoyed that film, and it was very much sci-fi. Also, Disney didnt just purchase LucasArts, they did in fact purchase Lucasfilm and everything that Lucasfilm consists of: "Disney is buying Lucasfilm for $4 billion, adding the legendary Star Wars franchise to the entertainment giant's stable of characters." http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2012/10/30/disney-star-wars-lucasfilm/1669739/

I am a Star Wars fan. Anyone who knows me well enough in game knows that I'm very much into Star Wars. My whole family is. Hubby was born in '77, me in '79 and both of our sons love anything Star Wars. I have mixed feelings because of this, however I think it may be more because its almost an end of an era for Star Wars and Lucas Arts as we've known it. However, Disney did purchase Pixar not too long ago and back when that happened, people were thinking that it was a bad idea and the end of Pixar. However, both Disney and Pixar only gained from that.

The best thing I see from this is that Disney will now have two very successful film series' in POTC and Star Wars. The question of the last three episodes of SW has been in the air for many years. Many Star Wars fans want to see this happen.

From the Wikipedia:
"LucasArts Entertainment Company, LLC[2] is an American video game developer and publisher. The company was once famous for its innovative line of graphic adventure games, the critical and commercial success of which peaked in the mid 1990s. Today, it publishes games primarily based on the Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LucasArts

To me seeing that above statement means good news for POTCO. This could me greater things for all Disney games, online and otherwise.

Oh yeah I hope to have my novel just in time for halloween bc I want it to be a treat bc it will have the death troopers and that will make a lot of fans happy including me. I am just exspanding that story showing what happens to the disease and to the zombies.

If my memory serves me correctly, Disney did do sci-fi very recently with John Carter. I very much enjoyed that film, and it was very much sci-fi. Also, Disney didnt just purchase LucasArts, they did in fact purchase Lucasfilm and everything that Lucasfilm consists of: "Disney is buying Lucasfilm for $4 billion, adding the legendary Star Wars franchise to the entertainment giant's stable of characters." http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2012/10/30/disney-star-wars-lucasfilm/1669739/

I am a Star Wars fan. Anyone who knows me well enough in game knows that I'm very much into Star Wars. My whole family is. Hubby was born in '77, me in '79 and both of our sons love anything Star Wars. I have mixed feelings because of this, however I think it may b e more because its almost an end of an era for Star Wars and Lucas Arts as we've known it. However, Disney did purchase Pixar not too long ago and back when that happened, people were thinking that it was a bad idea and the end of Pixar. However, both Disney and Pixar only gained from that.

The best thing I see from this is that Disney will now have two very successful film series' in POTC and Star Wars. The question of the last three episodes of SW has been in the air for many years. Many Star Wars fans want to see this happen.

From the Wikipedia:
"LucasArts Entertainment Company, LLC[2] is an Americanvideo game developer and publisher. The company was once famous for its innovative line of graphic adventure games, the critical and commercial success of which peaked in the mid 1990s. Today, it publishes games primarily based on the Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LucasArts

To me seeing that above statement means good news for POTCO. This could me greater things for all Disney games, online and otherwise.
Ahh thank you very much i didn't even know Disney bought Pixar also thank you for correcting me on the Lucasfilm/LucasArts difference. :oops:

Actually, Disney will not be making the Star Wars movies/stupid new games. They bought LucasWhatever, but it's still a company. Meaning that the employees will still be employed, and will be working on the new Star Wars. Not Disney.
And a game wouldn't take all their time. They are separate companies, which nobody seems to remember...

I fear that they will make a StarWars game, which would take all their time and make POTC neglected even more
There already is an online Star Wars game, Star Wars the Old Republic: http://www.swtor.com/ so they will not be making a star wars games.
at least they can't hurt Indiana Jones
Check out the bottom of this page here: http://www.indianajones.com/

George Lucas had his hands in a lot of movies, etc.
They bought LucasWhatever, but it's still a company. Meaning that the employees will still be employed, and will be working on the new Star Wars. Not Disney.
And a game wouldn't take all their time. They are separate companies, which nobody seems to remember...
And as Constance stated here, Disney isnt changing a thing as far as we know, except maybe adding their name to it and just owning the original company. I stated above that Disney bought Pixar. They didnt get rid of the employees that were there before the acquisition, so why would they do that with Lucasfilms??

LucasArts and Disney announced that Disney will not mess with any of LucasArt plans so they will continue in their prior path. I would say the only change as of right now would be, continuing Star Wars with new trilogy.

I have seen all the Star War movies and I think they were okay movies. I don't really consider myself a big fan of them. Anyway, the only concern the Star War fans should have is how they will be different since George Lucas who created and did a lot of either directing or producing the movies, retired.

as long as they dont mess up the original movies I am ok with this but they probably will
(off topic but how in the world can darth maul be alive he is missing half his body!)

as long as they dont mess up the original movies I am ok with this but they probably will
(off topic but how in the world can darth maul be alive he is missing half his body!)
darth maul survived through hatred. Remember how vader survived? The dark side users are able to survive remarkable things if they give in through their hatred.

Back