Disneys Potc Customer Rep

teabolt

Pirate Apprentice
business-chimp.jpg

I just can't make sense of Disney and all these "network" issues that are NOT their responsibility. So I spoke to the customer account rep.

Thats why they only have phone for problems with regestation where they get money the monkey never aswers the other phone lol

I can remember the first time I called Pirates Online this is what my convo with the lady was-
Rep. : Hello how may I help you today?
Me : Hi I was just calling about my account.
Rep. : Okay what problems are you having?
Me : I got an email saying I was banned for saying "did you see those things on discovery channel last night? the dams they built were great". I mean, I just don't understand, I wasn't using the word in an inappropriate way. And if you didn't want people using it then why is it an allowed word?
Rep. : Have you reviewed Club Penguins rules?
Me : .....

facepalm.gif

Disney (and the tech industry for that matter) have always been infamous for poor customer service.

However, the internet is a complex thing, and it is entirely possible for issues to be out of Disney's control. It's just a difficult idea to explain or understand. Basically it has to do with certain computers/servers not being able to talk to one another because of a routing issue.

When computers communicate with one another, it involves sending data/electronic signals across great distances. Disney doesn't have control over all (or many) of the hops across those distances. Sometimes along the way, the message reaches a point where it, for whatever reason, doesn't continue sending. These points are not owned by Disney (they're usually owned by a company who have a Tier 1/2 network in the internet infrastructure, such as Level 3).

Those hops can be thought of as highways, and data can be thought of as cars. Disney doesn't own the highways, they just send cars across them. And when those highways break, the cars can't get where they need to be.

Disney (and the tech industry for that matter) have always been infamous for poor customer service.

However, the internet is a complex thing, and it is entirely possible for issues to be out of Disney's control. It's just a difficult idea to explain or understand. Basically it has to do with certain computers/servers not being able to talk to one another because of a routing issue.

When computers communicate with one another, it involves sending data/electronic signals across great distances. Disney doesn't have control over all (or many) of the hops across those distances. Sometimes along the way, the message reaches a point where it, for whatever reason, doesn't continue sending. These points are not owned by Disney (they're usually owned by a company who have a Tier 1/2 network in the internet infrastructure, such as Level 3).

Those hops can be thought of as highways, and data can be thought of as cars. Disney doesn't own the highways, they just send cars across them. And when those highways break, the cars can't get where they need to be.
I didn't understand half of that but thanks lol you rally understand these things thanks for creating this site and running it in a very wise way. Your are probibly the smartest person here I mean knowing how to solve problems and you know alot about compuders thanks mate.

Poor customer service? Disney?? No way!!! lol I was on live chat once, I think the guys name was Anthony. Couldn't see the entrance to where Foulberto was. The guy gave me a suggested, which I tried. Had to uninstall, reinstall and restart the game. Takes a few minutes. Before it was even half way loaded, he told me he had other people to help and I was wasting his time. Jerk. Oh, btw, hi! I'm new here. It's nice to actually be able to post, as Disney just denied me for the third time access to the other forum. Seems I don't meet their requirements. Only been a paying member for over 3 years. Although the one and only message I posted on there was about how incompetent their customer service people were, now I'm banned for life. lol. Time to kill the mouse :)

I am so tired and confused I forgot my own name lol oh never mind I rememerd it it is lol no that coulden't be right

That's why you need to go to sleep, Francis ...
EDIT (Feb 17, 2011 6:24 AM):

Don't tell me they outsource it overseas ... ;), I never talked on the phone with them, but live chat ppl sounded pretty nice. Even though they could not help you either way ... sad.
EDIT (Feb 17, 2011 6:32 AM):

That's why Davy is a good communicator, cause he knows the technical aspect but doesn't speak to us explaining it using jargons that we don't understand ... but real life analogy instead.

My question is, what is the difference between the network they used prior to February 7, and after February 7? Was there any change in the world of communication superhighway that Disney used, that we are not aware of? I mean, it didn't break before, how come that it breaks a lot lately? Changing business partners maybe? Bypassing certain things or appointing more cost-effective counterparts maybe? Of course they are not gonna announce it publicly, but maybe you heard something from the insiders?

That's why Davy is a good communicator, cause he knows the technical aspect but doesn't speak to us explaining it using jargons that we don't understand ... but real life analogy instead.

My question is, what is the difference between the network they used prior to February 7, and after February 7? Was there any change in the world of communication superhighway that Disney used, that we are not aware of? I mean, it didn't break before, how come that it breaks a lot lately? Changing business partners maybe? Bypassing certain things or appointing more cost-effective counterparts maybe? Of course they are not gonna announce it publicly, but maybe you heard something from the insiders?

Thanks.

I'll look into it tomorrow, but I haven't heard specifically what changed in their setup. The network issues could be a coincidence entirely. (Also note these issues are completely separate from the issues that caused the roll-back). Any instance of the game is spread across multiple servers/computers, and what seems apparent to me is those computers haven't been able to communicate correctly lately.

I do know that some of the servers related to the game are located in California, and that there were some networking problems (broken highways) in California today that could have affected Disney.

I do know that some of the servers related to the game are located in California, and that there were some networking problems (broken highways) in California today that could have affected Disney.

Ahhh ... I didn't even know that you all have these problems over there on the West coast ...

Ya West Coast rocks but it has it's problems. It's weird that Disney is constantly having problems and saying this wasn't our fault but it wasn't anyone else's fault either soooo
confused.png
who do I blame then cause someone had to make the mistake.

Poor customer service? Disney?? No way!!! lol I was on live chat once, I think the guys name was Anthony. Couldn't see the entrance to where Foulberto was. The guy gave me a suggested, which I tried. Had to uninstall, reinstall and restart the game. Takes a few minutes. Before it was even half way loaded, he told me he had other people to help and I was wasting his time. Jerk. Oh, btw, hi! I'm new here. It's nice to actually be able to post, as Disney just denied me for the third time access to the other forum. Seems I don't meet their requirements. Only been a paying member for over 3 years. Although the one and only message I posted on there was about how incompetent their customer service people were, now I'm banned for life. lol. Time to kill the mouse :)

You can't just reinstall the game while, there is someone on live chat waiting for you. You should have said that you'll get back to him later. Then if the reinstall works, you can go back on live chat.

Back