Glitch District Reset with 'Recover the Black Pearl' Battle

I've noticed that with latest update (game update 1.17.0), that after I defeat the 4 ships in the first part of the Recover the Black Pearl battle, the game crashes, and it is accompanied by a district reset in the district I was in. This only started happening after the 1.17.0 update when I went to try to do the battle.

Interesting. I was planning to do the capture Pearl Quest. I don't know when I am going to do with the crashes that accompany the crash and district reset.

This can't be fun! Thanks for the heads up! Looks like I'll have to wait to do my Boss battles.

Does this mean the boss battle is still bugged?
"Known Issues Forts in the Black Pearl Boss Battle do not attack and do not take damage. To progress, shoot the bridges. They will take damage and allow you to pass through once destroyed."
from official release notes

Last edited:
I'm guessing this has been addressed now and Dean is, well, colorfully letting folks know about it.
Thanks Dean!

Those resets are very annoying. I ask that you refrain from this until it's fixed, or move your crew to a very low populated server to try.

Edit: Nvm see it's fixed.

Tried the Pearl boss battle tonite, bridges take damage, forts do not. After making it past final bridges Goliath was a no show, was able to sail around all nite on the Pearl, but still no sign of Goliath spawning....

Back