Divergent Series - Veronica Roth

Which is your favorite book?

• Total voters

Sparky Wonderwolf

Site Founder
Intro (Not necessary to read)
I have to say Hunger Games was pretty good (DUDE PLEASE DON'T THIS IS ABOUT DIVERGENT) when I read it and I thought "Best book ever" but then I read Divergent and found myself more fond of the series than Hunger Games as Divergent I guess you could say has less fight to the death and kill people aspect than HG as well as more things politically and socially so it makes things much more interesting than all the fighting HG has. And while yes HG wasn't all killing and had relationships you could actually feel and relate with very well, Divergent has even much larger sense than it did and thus I have found it to tbe by far the best read in a long time for me personally.

Question
What do you think of the books? Which ones have you read and what were your favorite parts? How did you like the first movie compared to the first book?

Please be sure to tell us about a spoiler xD

I loved Divergent more than HG, both in Movies and Books, not saying I'm not a fan, I do like both still. In Divergent series I still haven't had time to finish the 2nd book, but the saddest part is in the 3rd book.... and you said you want a spoiler @Reyes De Luz huh

Well, she dies in the 3rd book. Bummer

How is this series? (Without giving spoilers) Is the Hunger Games series most similar? I've been thinking about reading the series.
It is very good series, it compares to the Hunger Games yes, but yet I like it better because there is not just so much physical conflict in the series as there was in HG and more emotional and/or political conflict per se. If you liked Hunger Games you'll most likely enjoy reading this more than HG especially the third book. Roth makes the third book dual perspective which I am currently reading.

One of the reasons I personally like the series is because the female main character of it isn't like Katniss. I disliked Katniss in HG as she was more Idk... whiny I guess? I strongly suggest you read it though Bart. You would like it.

I loved Divergent more than HG, both in Movies and Books, not saying I'm not a fan, I do like both still. In Divergent series I still haven't had time to finish the 2nd book, but the saddest part is in the 3rd book.... and you said you want a spoiler @Reyes De Luz huh

Well, she dies in the 3rd book. Bummer

That blows ;_;

I just finished this series last night. Hubby got the three book set for myself and my son to read. I had been wanting to read it for a while. In fact, I wanted to read the series before watching the movies. Its just something I prefer to do.

I absolutely loved this series. (I'm not going to compare it to HG. After all I see the setting in Divergent series as something more likely to happen in the future.) HOWEVER... Since its been spoiled here, I can talk about it... I would not have written the ending that way. Yes, Tris finally understands what true selflessness and sacrifice is, but I dont agree with her dying. I think she could have learned that same lesson, had the chapter written the same with the visit from her mother before she blacks out... BUT... I think that the idea of sacrifice could have been expanded upon. My ideal ending for Allegiant would be this:
Tobias comes back to find out that Tris sacrificed herself and is now in a coma, barely hanging on. She needs surgery and possibly a transfusion. Zeke and Hana visit and say their good-byes to Uriah and then they make their own sacrifice. They give their son/brother's life to Tris. I think this would have been a HUGE lesson for Tobias as well. He would have seen unconditional love from a brother and a mother toward Uriah. Something that he never experienced himself.

Anyway, that is how I would have ended it.

IDK if I can bring myself to watch the movies. I've seriously been so mad since last night when I finished Allegiant. I've spent almost all day thinking about the ending... brooding over it. It didnt sit well with me. But, I still loved this series.

Loved the first book. I actually read the entire first book when I was on a road trip to Colorado and our van broke down in a small town. I just sat in a Wal-mart and read the entire thing.

Then I made a fatal mistake. Someone said that the 3rd book would make me hate the series so of course I read it anddd now I never want to read the series again to be honest with you. (Since it has already been spoiled) Tris' death really killed the entire series for me considering the fact I was never a big fan of Tobias/4 or his mom so really when she died, I was just like "this is like dumbledore 2.0 except it actually killed the story."

That's just my opinion though and while I enjoyed the first book and hated the 3rd book. I've never gone back and read the 2nd one so I have no clue how that one is.

I just finished this series last night. Hubby got the three book set for myself and my son to read. I had been wanting to read it for a while. In fact, I wanted to read the series before watching the movies. Its just something I prefer to do.

I absolutely loved this series. (I'm not going to compare it to HG. After all I see the setting in Divergent series as something more likely to happen in the future.) HOWEVER... Since its been spoiled here, I can talk about it... I would not have written the ending that way. Yes, Tris finally understands what true selflessness and sacrifice is, but I dont agree with her dying. I think she could have learned that same lesson, had the chapter written the same with the visit from her mother before she blacks out... BUT... I think that the idea of sacrifice could have been expanded upon. My ideal ending for Allegiant would be this:
Tobias comes back to find out that Tris sacrificed herself and is now in a coma, barely hanging on. She needs surgery and possibly a transfusion. Zeke and Hana visit and say their good-byes to Uriah and then they make their own sacrifice. They give their son/brother's life to Tris. I think this would have been a HUGE lesson for Tobias as well. He would have seen unconditional love from a brother and a mother toward Uriah. Something that he never experienced himself.

Anyway, that is how I would have ended it.

IDK if I can bring myself to watch the movies. I've seriously been so mad since last night when I finished Allegiant. I've spent almost all day thinking about the ending... brooding over it. It didnt sit well with me. But, I still loved this series.
I think personally they botched Divergent movie wise ESPECIALLY THE ENDING which made no sense at all imho and I hope Insurgent was done better. I was crushed with Allegiant and I didn't agree with the ending either. I wish I could say more but right now I'm a bit preoccupied and wanted to leave a quickie post x)

My favorite book would have to be Insurgent mainly because Amity was involved in the early part of the story. It's my favorite faction out of the four. :)

Great series. But yes, I think we can all agree that the ending sucked. I'm wondering if they will change the ending in the fourth movie.

Back