Suggestion Diversifying Carribean

Hello everyone, not sure if this is plausible but I think it would add a really cool element to the game. My proposal is this what is we added a crazy amount of facial sliders to the game? I think it would only be rational after we have so much detail put into the clothing in recent updates and other elements of the game. I feel as though we have so many things to set apart our pirates, except when it comes to our pirates themselves. I was watching a interview of POTCO from around 2007 when the beta was underworks where the creators stated their intention was to have many diverse characters. And that their hope as the game progressed was to give players more options and more details. I cannot find the original video however, I did find a video with the character creation they showed and as you see there were many more options than in the current pirate creation and this was many years ago

I’ve put a few images of concept ideas, but I think this would really make each pirate more unique of course there would be a one time service for people who already made their pirates perhaps going to tia In Cuba to get a “transformation potion “ it could be made into a optional quest if a person wants to edit their pirate with new features. In the past I have suggested adding more realistic hair, and such from the sims 3 games but realize that would be a crazy amount of work. I know sliders would be a much simpler process as you can make them using the character model from pirates in blender. I am rerrible with technology but I find blender easy to navigate so I’m sure it would be a simple procedure and the ammount of new sliders could be infinite
And really set apart everyone’s pirate
4AC8613F-8A2C-415F-A37D-8E843242C8BE.jpeg
5C622B60-2A92-430A-965A-47501C688385.jpeg
BA279FDD-8CAC-4EB0-83F7-28916FE71A52.jpeg

If you think about it, pirates came from various demographic regions of the world and I think with an idea such as this...it would only ADD to the unique kaleidoscope and canvas POTCO permitted us to have (in so far as 'ethnic' character diversifications).

Great idea! Kinda would be cool to see. ;)
Thank you this was exactly my thought processes, you could literally have anyone from any background, you could even perhaps be able to have celebrity inspired pirates if you so wished with the many sliders the possibilities are endless maybe there could also be a age slider to add wrinkles to make a specific age

Thank you this was exactly my thought processes, you could literally have anyone from any background, you could even perhaps be able to have celebrity inspired pirates if you so wished with the many sliders the possibilities are endless maybe there could also be a age slider to add wrinkles to make a specific age
Just what I want. A in-game toon that looks as old as I am. Can we turn one of the empty buildings into an old pirates home?
Seriously, it's a very good idea, but have no clue how intense the programming and running within the game for this.
Probably before you were born back in the day of early counter strike, some people played with a mod where you could map your own graphics and even a photo of your face to the toon model. I think it got out of hand and was removed from the system or whatever.
But a little more detailed slider for facial build may not be too out of reach. We can widen the nose but can't shape the nose with wide nostrols or bulbous noses, things that would add ethnic facial character.

Last edited:
Back