Question Do the developers plan on restoring boss loot to how it was in POTCO?

Arrangements can certainly be made in a future update to specifically increase container drop rates for bosses. ;)
I just want some communication from the developers on what they are working on, I appreciate their work but I feel like if they communicated with us and asked us what we want then people wouldn't give up on the grind and the game

Would you also lower the drop rate of the fancy new legendaries per individual skull chest so they retain their rarity?
Legendary rarity rates wouldn't be adjusted for this sort of thing; just the rates determining what kind of container gets dropped when an enemy is killed. Increasing the container rates should be enough to revitalize boss loot without necessarily making the legendaries "easier" to acquire (the rate is very low as it is).

FWIW, the way loot is structured currently doesn't allow for specific rates for specific weapons.

I haven't played for longest time and just returned maybe couple weeks back but one thing that I have gathered so far from talking with other players its that the LC drop needs to improve. There are players out there looting for hours a day and haven't got any LC so far which I think should not be the case. The forums weapons and loot seems to follow the same trend to the point that LC pics are under suspicion that can be easily faked. Some wonder if their characters are bugged. It doesn't sound encouraging especially for new players. I believe with the introduction of the new bosses there should be a natural progression in game, where players that are active can move on with the updates and loot new stuff in game. I have seen very little activity around new bosses, therefore the content it's barely used, due to 2 things: a) scarce loot, b) players still looting old LC.
Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Legendary rarity rates wouldn't be adjusted for this sort of thing; just the rates determining what kind of container gets dropped when an enemy is killed. Increasing the container rates should be enough to revitalize boss loot without necessarily making the legendaries "easier" to acquire (the rate is very low as it is).

FWIW, the way loot is structured currently doesn't allow for specific rates for specific weapons.
Doesn't a higher loot skull drop rate equal a higher chance for legendary drops? Wouldn't that translate into a higher drop rate for the new legendaries?

We can only wish. The loot is so terrible. In the old game at least you would work up to great loot. You can spend so much time looting with no real reward here. I would be happy with just more bright corsets in the loot or just something to make farming bosses worth it.

Last edited:
Doesn't a higher loot skull drop rate equal a higher chance for legendary drops? Wouldn't that translate into a higher drop rate for the new legendaries?
If you think about it, the bosses take much longer to kill than a regular enemy would. You could get several skulls in the gold room in the time it would take to kill one of the new Tormenta bosses. It balances out.

If you think about it, the bosses take much longer to kill than a regular enemy would. You could get several skulls in the gold room in the time it would take to kill one of the new Tormenta bosses. It balances out.
Sounds like a yes with a healthy dose of weasel words thrown in to soften the impact. I think we did think about it... maybe you meant that a small increase would be small? lol Of course this issue is not small and a small increase in the quality of loot drops from bosses will not be enough to put things the way they were in POTCO, this is what we've been thinking about and why it has brought up concern about the drop rates of the new legendaries. A large increase in loot quality from bosses without any other changes would cause a large increase in new legendary blades, perhaps you want to sell that idea as good or acceptable? I don't see it as what the developers envisioned when they introduced the new legendaries.

To add onto what I said above, an item should not be so rare to the point only one or two players have found it in a month or so and that we STILL haven't found a LC from the twins or cica. Items should not be a myth to work for for a day, never get it, then give up, they should actually drop so that players have a sense of accomplishment and reason to grind. At the rate the new LC's are dropping the LC's and those grinding for them are becoming a myth. Why grind with a what seems to be a .00000001 percent reward, theres just zero point!

Sounds like a yes with a healthy dose of weasel words thrown in to soften the impact. I think we did think about it... maybe you meant that a small increase would be small? lol Of course this issue is not small and a small increase in the quality of loot drops from bosses will not be enough to put things the way they were in POTCO, this is what we've been thinking about and why it has brought up concern about the drop rates of the new legendaries. A large increase in loot quality from bosses without any other changes would cause a large increase in new legendary blades, perhaps you want to sell that idea as good or acceptable? I don't see it as what the developers envisioned when they introduced the new legendaries.
In this thread I interpreted that folks ultimately wanted skull rates to be increased to revitalize interest in the bosses and make looting them more worthwhile. I then read a concern that in doing this, legendary items would "lose" their value. This is conflicting information. Increasing skull rates and then turning around and wanting the legendary rates decreased defeats the purpose, since folks want to see more of the new legendaries come into play.

My two cents. I guess I'm just not understanding what is desired here.

In this thread I interpreted that folks ultimately wanted skull rates to be increased to revitalize interest in the bosses and make looting them more worthwhile. I then read a concern that in doing this, legendary items would "lose" their value. This is conflicting information. Increasing skull rates and then turning around and wanting the legendary rates decreased defeats the purpose, since folks want to see more of the new legendaries come into play.

I don't think increasing skull chest drop rates would do this, skull chest rarely seem to drop and when they do they are often filled with trash, it's not like we want their drop rates to be increased by 20% or that we want legendaries to drop every ten minutes we just want them to drop a little more frequently then they do cause 70 boss kilss without a single one being the norm is ridiculous right now

I can't speak for others, but my desire is for skulls to be more common and for legendaries to be a little bit more attainable. I only asked if the latter would be a consequence of the former out of curiosity.

I think you have hit the nail on the head. I think just about everyone wants better loot from bosses, to make them similar to the way they were in POTCO. I know I want that for sure. Yes, that is now in conflict with the drop rates of legendary blades due to the introduction of the new bosses. A lower percentage of people are concerned about that but it's a valid concern for the future of the game. Did you mean to say that loot quality from bosses can be controlled independently from that of regular enemies? I would like to emphasize that it's the skull rates on bosses that is at issue, not regular enemies and not the drop rate of the new blades. For bosses to work correctly they need to give higher rewards than regular enemies of the same level.

Last edited:

I got to say that I love the Forsaken Shallows, it looks amazing, keep up the great work guys!

Regarding the LC drops, from most of the players that I talked to there is a general consensus that LC need to be more attainable, there is no value added if people quit and/or wonder that their characters glitched or the LC pics posted are fake. Honestly, I haven't seen that morale before. For example there is very little incentive to join the new bosses: a) because of still trying to get the old LC and b) their scarce drops. There should be a natural progression in the game, as new stuff it's introduced older content should become easier while new content it's harder, within reason, so there is always something to do.
Just some feedback that I'm getting.

Last edited:
As often is the case, I fail to understand your post or how it's relevant to my post. I didn't deliberately make any assumptions or speculate about anything that I'm aware of. It's very obvious that bosses don't drop loot the way they did in potco, if you play much then you know that. If you don't then you can go to DH on Abassa and see how things are different from how they were in potco, you should see in less than a second.
I hope they can restore the boss drop rates without changing the new legendary drop rates, seems a tall order unfortunately.

Because you have a tendency to make these kind of comments as if you knew for a fact exactly what the new legendary drop rates are, or other parts of the game.
Perhaps I'm developing a reading comprehension problem or you are not from the states and have a certain way of paraphrasing things that I don't quite understand.
Either way, we seem to be misinterpreting each other regularly. It's not done out of disrespect for the record.
Part of the problem I see here as well is I have no potco reference to go by since I never played the OG. So perhaps you're assuming I know all this stuff. I don't.
GL

I hope they can restore the boss drop rates without changing the new legendary drop rates, seems a tall order unfortunately.

Because you have a tendency to make these kind of comments as if you knew for a fact exactly what the new legendary drop rates are, or other parts of the game.
Perhaps I'm developing a reading comprehension problem or you are not from the states and have a certain way of paraphrasing things that I don't quite understand.
Either way, we seem to be misinterpreting each other regularly. It's not done out of disrespect for the record.
Part of the problem I see here as well is I have no potco reference to go by since I never played the OG. So perhaps you're assuming I know all this stuff. I don't.
GL
There is no question that bosses in tlopo do not drop as high a quality of loot as they did in potco, that's an obvious fact. I don't know the exact details of current drop rates but I support the concept of bringing the bosses back to the way they were in potco. In potco if you went to DH on Abassa there would almost always be a crowd, sometimes as many as 30 or more ppl looting him because of his superior loot, today you'd be lucky to find anyone there at all. It was rare to find any quiet server that didn't have looters hanging out at DH. I also support; even though, as JFR pointed out, it is in conflict with better boss loot; maintaining the current low drop rates for cursed legendary blades, even though I do not know the exact details. I'm not sure if you do not understand my point of view or if you simply don't agree with it. I'm sure your lack of potco experience contributes to your lack of understanding of me.

John, everyone wants boss loot to be improved. Quality, quantity, whatever floats the dev's boats. But people claiming legendary loses value is totally a personal thing, in their own interests. Legendary will not lose value as legendary HAS NO VALUE- game wise. You can only sell it for not a great amount of gold. We can't trade anything, no value there either. It's the intrinsic value players are personally putting on weapons because of their self imposed loot rules like owning the gold room and you can't come in. I do not believe and feel strongly that the personal looting work ethic value placed on items by players themselves would not be a beneficial parameter for decision making when the results are for the greater good of the larger community.

You are hearing those concerns from a vast minority of players. Game decisions should not be made for the few. And I think tlopo has been doing a great job of maintaining fairness for all.

Thanks for all you do.

So many aspects of the game we took for granted in POTCO simply have not been possible in TLOPO. Boss loot is regrettable at best, but that's the best they got so far. Maybe down the road they can work it out, but right now it's simply pointless to loot bosses. Beta is as beta does.

John, everyone wants boss loot to be improved. Quality, quantity, whatever floats the dev's boats. But people claiming legendary loses value is totally a personal thing, in their own interests. Legendary will not lose value as legendary HAS NO VALUE- game wise. You can only sell it for not a great amount of gold. We can't trade anything, no value there either. It's the intrinsic value players are personally putting on weapons because of their self imposed loot rules like owning the gold room and you can't come in. I do not believe and feel strongly that the personal looting work ethic value placed on items by players themselves would not be a beneficial parameter for decision making when the results are for the greater good of the larger community.

You are hearing those concerns from a vast minority of players. Game decisions should not be made for the few. And I think tlopo has been doing a great job of maintaining fairness for all.

Thanks for all you do.
Most people value a better weapon over a worse one but you are one of the exceptions to that rule.

Most people value a better weapon over a worse one but you are one of the exceptions to that rule.
You know what Eric? I keep blaming myself for you and others for not understanding my points. But I think you're from another country and have a different way of looking at things. Because not once have you understood any point I have attempted to make. In all due respect, I'm not taking the blame any more with your centrist views of things and ways of twisting peoples comments around and making assumptions of what you THINK they said.
Your comment above is great example of creating a point of view that doesn't exist. I have no idea how you came to that conclusion in that comment.
I'm just not going to try to accommodate your way of perceiving posts any more. I still read all your input, but I don't care to duel with you any more. It's not conductive to a forum.

GL

Back