Question Do the developers plan on restoring boss loot to how it was in POTCO?

You know what Eric? I keep blaming myself for you and others for not understanding my points. But I think you're from another country and have a different way of looking at things. Because not once have you understood any point I have attempted to make. In all due respect, I'm not taking the blame any more with your centrist views of things and ways of twisting peoples comments around and making assumptions of what you THINK they said.
Your comment above is great example of creating a point of view that doesn't exist. I have no idea how you came to that conclusion in that comment.
I'm just not going to try to accommodate your way of perceiving posts any more. I still read all your input, but I don't care to duel with you any more. It's not conductive to a forum.

GL
Sometimes we make points we didn't intend. Don't sweat it bro.

You know what Eric? I keep blaming myself for you and others for not understanding my points. But I think you're from another country and have a different way of looking at things. Because not once have you understood any point I have attempted to make. In all due respect, I'm not taking the blame any more with your centrist views of things and ways of twisting peoples comments around and making assumptions of what you THINK they said.
Your comment above is great example of creating a point of view that doesn't exist. I have no idea how you came to that conclusion in that comment.
I'm just not going to try to accommodate your way of perceiving posts any more. I still read all your input, but I don't care to duel with you any more. It's not conductive to a forum.

GL
You are the one that said "Legendary will not lose value as legendary HAS NO VALUE- game wise.". Exactly how would you interpret that? I took it to mean that you do not value a legendary over a crude since they have the same, zero, value "game wise". I also do not think that centrist views can be far different from those of the average person, by definition. There is no reason to put blame on yourself, me, or anyone else. One should try to understand others but understanding is not a reason to agree. You say I have twisted peoples comments but I do not agree or even see how you might think that. I do not think that my nationality is relevant. I think it is likely more an age thing really. I also think you meant conducive but perhaps that is twisting your comment with my centrist views? I think that I have understood most of your points very well and agree with some and not with others but it's my opinion and I could be wrong. Enjoy the game Squintz.

You are the one that said "Legendary will not lose value as legendary HAS NO VALUE- game wise.". Exactly how would you interpret that? I took it to mean that you do not value a legendary over a crude since they have the same, zero, value "game wise". I also do not think that centrist views can be far different from those of the average person, by definition. There is no reason to put blame on yourself, me, or anyone else. One should try to understand others but understanding is not a reason to agree. You say I have twisted peoples comments but I do not agree or even see how you might think that. I do not think that my nationality is relevant. I think it is likely more an age thing really. I also think you meant conducive but perhaps that is twisting your comment with my centrist views? I think that I have understood most of your points very well and agree with some and not with others but it's my opinion and I could be wrong. Enjoy the game Squintz.
You are the one that said "Legendary will not lose value as legendary HAS NO VALUE- game wise." You are right that is pretty open to interpretation. So allow me to try to clarify this. Also, my vocabulary isn't that large or advanced, and my writting chops are getting dulled probably from too much aged rum, or just aged. So there's that.

All is my own opinion.
Value of an item per game parameters. A sword, any sword has a sell price set by the game, period. A sword, any sword has a mathematical formula set by the game as per it's damage potential, perhaps in relation to a pirates level. All set by the game.
The game does not set any sort of loot value, just an odds of getting it.

The intrinsic value that people set for legendary is all in their minds. Maybe intrinsic isn't the correct word, a value decided personally outside of the game parameters. And seems to be mostly set by a minority of players who are and have been forever hard core looters. Looters come and go, but looters 'work ethic' values have been created long ago with the disney version.
The looters creedo of self created item value and their associated rules of conduct of 'my room' mentality is what I've always referred to in my threads. What I've never been comfortable with is a minority of players dictating to others how to loot. Also, I believe looters have twisted the 'be nice' disney good intentions of conduct into their looting control of rooms and areas by claiming it isn't nice to loot when I'm looting nonsense. Being nice and helpful in the game is one thing, taking disney's and others tendency to be considerate and turning it into a guilt trip to horde gold rooms for their own sake and bragging appears to me as inconsiderate and selfish.

I can't be the only person that has seen this conduct.

And yes, they're nice about it, but it's still dictating my play as per their rules. In game 70% of time it's not a thing.

The only real value I put to a sword is it's damage power. A legendary to me is desirable as I believe I can dispatch enemies more efficiently.
That's it. Since I'm not a hard core looter, don't come from a younger age of Disney potco and put no effort into bragging rights or inventory showing off, I see legendary as only a stronger item to gain.

In summary, looters personal opinion of a legendary value is not the games value. It's also no coincidence that the main people against trading are almost exclusively hard core looters who have this personal mind set of item value based on "their own" work ethic and bragging rights and do not want to see their 'work' cheapened. This is a personal self centered view and has nothing to do with the greater good of the game or the community. As long as there have been video games, people have always set their own value on things. It doesn't mean we have to conform to their game standards to keep their value systems intact.

This is the last I'll comment on this here, there are other threads better suited and this has been a total hijack of this thread in the last 4 or so posts.

And I apologize for that.

Last edited:
You are the one that said "Legendary will not lose value as legendary HAS NO VALUE- game wise." You are right that is pretty open to interpretation. So allow me to try to clarify this. Also, my vocabulary isn't that large or advanced, and my writting chops are getting dulled probably from too much aged rum, or just aged. So there's that.

All is my own opinion.
Value of an item per game parameters. A sword, any sword has a sell price set by the game, period. A sword, any sword has a mathematical formula set by the game as per it's damage potential, perhaps in relation to a pirates level. All set by the game.
The game does not set any sort of loot value, just an odds of getting it.

The intrinsic value that people set for legendary is all in their minds. Maybe intrinsic isn't the correct word, a value decided personally outside of the game parameters. And seems to be mostly set by a minority of players who are and have been forever hard core looters. Looters come and go, but looters 'work ethic' values have been created long ago with the disney version.
The looters creedo of self created item value and their associated rules of conduct of 'my room' mentality is what I've always referred to in my threads. What I've never been comfortable with is a minority of players dictating to others how to loot. Also, I believe looters have twisted the 'be nice' disney good intentions of conduct into their looting control of rooms and areas by claiming it isn't nice to loot when I'm looting nonsense. Being nice and helpful in the game is one thing, taking disney's and others tendency to be considerate and turning it into a guilt trip to horde gold rooms for your own sake and bragging rights is inconsiderate and selfish.

I can't be the only person that has seen this conduct.

And yes, they're nice about it, but it's still dictating my play as per their rules. In game 70% of time it's not a thing.

The only real value I put to a sword is it's damage power. A legendary to me is desirable as I believe I can dispatch enemies more efficiently.
That's it. Since I'm not a hard core looter, don't come from a younger age of Disney potco and put no effort into bragging rights or inventory showing off, I see legendary as only a stronger item to gain.

In summary, looters personal opinion of a legendary value is not the games value. It's also no coincidence that the main people against trading are almost exclusively hard core looters who have this personal mind set of item value based on "their own" work ethic and bragging rights and do not want to see their 'work' cheapened. This is a personal self centered view and has nothing to do with the greater good of the game or the community. As long as there have been video games, people have always set their own value on things. It doesn't mean we have to conform to their game standards to keep their value systems intact.

This is the last I'll comment on this here, there are other threads better suited and this has been a total hijack of this thread in the last 4 or so posts.

And I apologize for that.
I think you and I agree that bosses should provide better loot in general than a regular enemy of the same level. I honestly think that boss loot in tlopo is bugged or wasn't programmed correctly at all perhaps. I think that you and I are not alone in this, certainly @Beggar thinks so too.

I still do not really get your position on value, one moment you are saying something has no value and the next you are saying something can dispatch enemies more efficiently how can that be? It's certainly true that my view that a Legendary has more value that a crude of the same type is common and centrist in nature. It's also true that everything in the universe only has value in peoples minds and each person will ascribe at least a slightly different value to everything. The value of a legendary weapon in tlopo is no different than the value of a U.S. Dollar or a head of lettuce at the grocer, they are all only worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for them. I would guess that if there were weapons trading for gold then a legendary weapon would likely go for about 1000000 gold since that is about how much gold you will accumulate in the same time that it takes to loot a legendary, no matter the truth of that I am certain that almost everyone that plays would not bat an eye to pay 10000 gold for a legendary even though the face value is 633 for the sake of argument. Of course if the developers were to up the drop rate to such that every player got a legendary every time they killed an enemy then their value "perceived value" would drop to be only slightly more than the free rusty cutlass no matter how much difference there is in performance between them, economics and all. I also think that the greatest looters are the primary owners and users of said loot and as such have earned the right to set the value based on them being the ones that know what it takes to get something and what it can do for them. Us mere mortals are really just fans on the sideline hoping that a great item comes our way through luck but they control the game, as far as looting goes anyway.

I think you and I agree that bosses should provide better loot in general than a regular enemy of the same level. I honestly think that boss loot in tlopo is bugged or wasn't programmed correctly at all perhaps. I think that you and I are not alone in this, certainly @Beggar thinks so too.

I still do not really get your position on value, one moment you are saying something has no value and the next you are saying something can dispatch enemies more efficiently how can that be? It's certainly true that my view that a Legendary has more value that a crude of the same type is common and centrist in nature. It's also true that everything in the universe only has value in peoples minds and each person will ascribe at least a slightly different value to everything. The value of a legendary weapon in tlopo is no different than the value of a U.S. Dollar or a head of lettuce at the grocer, they are all only worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for them. I would guess that if there were weapons trading for gold then a legendary weapon would likely go for about 1000000 gold since that is about how much gold you will accumulate in the same time that it takes to loot a legendary, no matter the truth of that I am certain that almost everyone that plays would not bat an eye to pay 10000 gold for a legendary even though the face value is 633 for the sake of argument. Of course if the developers were to up the drop rate to such that every player got a legendary every time they killed an enemy then their value "perceived value" would drop to be only slightly more than the free rusty cutlass no matter how much difference there is in performance between them, economics and all. I also think that the greatest looters are the primary owners and users of said loot and as such have earned the right to set the value based on them being the ones that know what it takes to get something and what it can do for them. Us mere mortals are really just fans on the sideline hoping that a great item comes our way through luck but they control the game, as far as looting goes anyway.
Game mathematical value versus a personal value for whatever reasons. The only value of an item game wise is gold per se. I don't give an item inventory value, work ethic value, cosmetic value. None of that matters to me. How strong a weapon it is is about the only value I put on an item.
And I'm not going to get into some of your other concepts of rights. I don't agree with those either. No one in my mind earns any rights to dictate the value of a game item just because they worked for it. That's what I think tlopo should stay away from.

GL

Game mathematical value versus a personal value for whatever reasons. The only value of an item game wise is gold per se. I don't give an item inventory value, work ethic value, cosmetic value. None of that matters to me. How strong a weapon it is is about the only value I put on an item.
And I'm not going to get into some of your other concepts of rights. I don't agree with those either. No one in my mind earns any rights to dictate the value of a game item just because they worked for it. That's what I think tlopo should stay away from.

GL
Agree or not makes no difference, those that do are the ones in control, the great looters of this game dominate looting in this game by being the ones who do the looting and get the loot and the only way to change that would be to change the rules on them, which I'm very much against.

Eric, we are totally off topic. It needs to stop here and go to another thread somewhere.
Thanks.
You are right. Beggar's thread is about boss loot being wrong and he is very right about that. He deserves our support. This is a large and important part of the game that as yet doesn't function properly. It's not speculation about how things might be if something were done to the game, it's a current part of the game that's wrong and needs fixing. It's probably the single biggest problem with the game and probably should be the highest priority to fix.

You are right. Beggar's thread is about boss loot being wrong and he is very right about that. He deserves our support. This is a large and important part of the game that as yet doesn't function properly. It's not speculation about how things might be if something were done to the game, it's a current part of the game that's wrong and needs fixing. It's probably the single biggest problem with the game and probably should be the highest priority to fix.
I agree loot seems broke in some ways. Beggars as right as anybody about this. However, I don't believe I have any right to decide for the dev's what is and isn't an important priority. Nor will I demand such. I already made a fool of myself about cannon control on ships until I realized my hatred for it has no bearing on anyone else experience. Now all I want is a choice to turn things on and off. This goes for just about anything in the game. I am no one to tell dev's what to do with their time.
GL

I agree loot seems broke in some ways. Beggars as right as anybody about this. However, I don't believe I have any right to decide for the dev's what is and isn't an important priority. Nor will I demand such. I already made a fool of myself about cannon control on ships until I realized my hatred for it has no bearing on anyone else experience. Now all I want is a choice to turn things on and off. This goes for just about anything in the game. I am no one to tell dev's what to do with their time.
GL
I think no one is in a position to demand anything from the developers. I think it is our responsibility as Beta Testers to point out the flaws in the game so that they may be efficiently identified and fixed. I think this is exactly that: it's a major issue and it's been under emphasized.

Agree or not makes no difference, those that do are the ones in control, the great looters of this game dominate looting in this game by being the ones who do the looting and get the loot and the only way to change that would be to change the rules on them, which I'm very much against.
@Eric Sailcutter
Ok, still off topic but I felt I had to respond to this comment. I get what you're saying but the contention about great looters can not be supported because as far as I know, there is no limit to how many of one item is in the game. Legendary is made elusive because of it's incredibly rare drop rate, NOT on a set number of swords. Thus your contention does not pass the logic therein. Looters have no control of loot at all. A great looter can get a legendary right next to me and then I can get one the very next skull and he/she does not.
Understand? That great looter right next to me does not effect my game at all. Unless of course he/she figures out some way to stop me from tagging an enemy.

I think that's our difference of opinion here. You are putting a value on a transparent non game action where there isn't any standards to do so.
You are trying to convince players of a game feature and conduct that doesn't exist in the game rules or design.
GL

Just a suggestion for the team @John Foulroberts - I would love to see legendary like "Silver Freeze" and "Lost Sword" removed from the boss loot pool...
Frankly, looting 6,000 boss' when boss first release only to find a Silver Freeze from Crash was the most discouraging thing I've ever seen...
latest

My suggestion for this is maybe a little bit of bad luck protection for bosses. Every time you kill them and you don't get something good, your chance to get something good goes up a little bit (I'm talking really little, not even close to 1%). This would help the "trash" loot problem and the drops problem in one fell swoop. This has worked well in other games such as WoW and Destiny 1.

I'm not saying that getting one of the new legendaries should be like taking candy from a baby, but it would help people suffering from super long droughts of bad loot because these new legendaries are near impossible to find. This is actually why I and many others quit the game because it was just not fun anymore grinding bosses day after day with no reward at all.

Just a suggestion for the team @John Foulroberts - I would love to see legendary like "Silver Freeze" and "Lost Sword" removed from the boss loot pool...
Frankly, looting 6,000 boss' when boss first release only to find a Silver Freeze from Crash was the most discouraging thing I've ever seen...
latest
To me it's not what the bosses may drop but that the general quality of loot that they drop that is wrong. In potco bosses were known for their loot and were justifiably popular because of it. Here in tlopo bosses drop loot of a similar quality to regular enemies of the same level which owing to their high health and more powerful attacks makes them justifiably unpopular. Being that this is supposed to be a recreation of potco this is wrong and should be fixed. In addition the bosses unpopularity is making large parts of the game underutilized and putting pressure on the more popular areas which increases conflict between players. It is possible to adjust the popularity of bosses by both increasing their loot quality and decreasing regular enemies' loot quality in a balancing maneuver so as not to hugely change the game's overall loot quality.

Last edited:
Back