Question Do the developers plan on restoring boss loot to how it was in POTCO?

Beggar

Pirate Master
There's a reason people don't farm enemies like Darkhart, Tomas Blanco, and yes, even the bosses added in the Forsaken Shallows update like they did in POTCO. Defeating the bosses just isn't as rewarding as it used to be because they appear to drop loot at the same rate as normal enemies - only they take much longer to kill.

Especially since looting in TLOPO largely centers around searching for boss-exclusive legendaries, shouldn't it be a priority to make bosses fun to loot again? It can take close to an hour to get a single skull chest from a level 40 boss. It's hard to blame people for forgoing the bosses in favor of clusters of normal enemies since there's hardly any achievable incentive to spending hours at at one of them.

Last edited:
I think it'd be fair if getting a legendary from a new boss is about as difficult as getting a legendary from Darkhart used to be
I'm not sure about that, maybe. I did only ever get the Lost Sword once from him but he was known for dropping it which leads me to feel that it might be too high for the new legendaries.

I'm not sure about that, maybe. I did only ever get the Lost Sword once from him but he was known for dropping it which leads me to feel that it might be too high for the new legendaries.
Perhaps. I didn't intend for this thread to be about the new legendaries, but in my opinion, the ideal balance would be for them to have similar rarity to other legendary cursed blades, which already take a couple months for most dedicated players to loot. Several months is as much time as any one person should need to loot in order to get a video game weapon. These items should be challenging to find but they should also be achievable given a certain amount of time and dedication. Given how few people have stumbled into them in the couple months since their release, I don't think that they are.

Perhaps. I didn't intend for this thread to be about the new legendaries, but in my opinion, the ideal balance would be for them to have similar rarity to other legendary cursed blades, which already take a couple months for most dedicated players to loot. Several months is as much time as any one person should need to loot in order to get a video game weapon. These items should be challenging to find but they should also be achievable given a certain amount of time and dedication. Given how few people have stumbled into them in the couple months since their release, I don't think that they are.
I personally like the super low drop rate for the new legendaries but definitely agree with you that the bosses need fixing. The way the bosses are currently has lead to the wild islands being mostly empty and DH, which in potco was a meeting spot, and the other favorite bosses being unused.

There's a reason people don't farm enemies like Darkhart, Tomas Blanco, and yes, even the bosses added in the Forsaken Shallows update like they did in POTCO. Defeating the bosses just isn't as rewarding as it used to be because they appear to drop loot at the same rate as normal enemies - only they take much longer to kill.

Especially since looting in TLOPO largely centers around searching for boss-exclusive legendaries, shouldn't it be a priority to make bosses fun to loot again? It can take close to an hour to get a single skull chest from a level 40 boss. It's hard to blame people for forgoing the bosses in favor of clusters of normal enemies since there's hardly any achievable incentive to spending hours at at one of them.
Are you saying killing Jimmy Legs 286 times in a row to see a skull excessive?

I hope they can restore the boss drop rates without changing the new legendary drop rates, seems a tall order unfortunately.
We don't even know what the new legendary drop rates are. Making assumptions on speculation is pretty vague. And how do we know that the drop rate hasn't already been restored to potco type rates?

It was supposed to be a joke. I killed jimy 286 times the other day and that was the smallest amount of kills it took him to drop a skull.
My opinion is that's way too many times to kill anything for a decent reward. Let alone a legendary. This whole week of my more than customary looting and didn't even see a fame.
So, I'm taking a break from bosses and shallows and just running around looking for broken things.

We don't even know what the new legendary drop rates are. Making assumptions on speculation is pretty vague. And how do we know that the drop rate hasn't already been restored to potco type rates?
As often is the case, I fail to understand your post or how it's relevant to my post. I didn't deliberately make any assumptions or speculate about anything that I'm aware of. It's very obvious that bosses don't drop loot the way they did in potco, if you play much then you know that. If you don't then you can go to DH on Abassa and see how things are different from how they were in potco, you should see in less than a second.

back in potco you'd get a famed at DH about every 3 kills now don't get one till about the 30th kill, today I spent 5 hours in the gold room and crash and did not get a single famed. Yesterday I spent 6 hours farming jimmy and crash and the best I got was 2 duplicate rare cursed. Looting in TLOPO is broken in my opinion, some pirates won't see a famed for 2 or 3 days like myself

back in potco you'd get a famed at DH about every 3 kills now don't get one till about the 30th kill, today I spent 5 hours in the gold room and crash and did not get a single famed. Yesterday I spent 6 hours farming jimmy and crash and the best I got was 2 duplicate rare cursed. Looting in TLOPO is broken in my opinion, some pirates won't see a famed for 2 or 3 days like myself
Hey, you are exaggerating, no one ever got famed every 3rd kill from any boss in potco, except Foulberto maybe. It is true that in tlopo good boss loot is much harder to get than it was in potco though. I would guess that I got a famed from DH about every 5th skull in potco and he and Foulberto were the only bosses that ever dropped legendary for me, 1 each. Last time I looted DH I'd guess he was dropping a famed about every 30th skull chest, lol.

Back