Question Do we get to keep our stats from the Alpha?

I was wondering if we are able to keep our stats from the Alpha and bring over to the actual release of TLOPO or will the stats be wiped clean when the game gets released? :confused:

I know it may seem like a letdown that the db is being reset during the alpha to beta transition, but truth be told, nobody's really going to lose a TON of progress. It'll affect those who maxed fishing and/or potions the most. Having said that, it'll be almost required due to changes in the database structure that are inevitable with the features that will exist in beta. We hope you understand.

This is to prevent old bugs from being brought into new phases of the game. Keep in mind we are still testing the game.

While frustrating, this is meant to help streamline the development process and get the full game released faster.

I know Bobby. Thanks though :)

In response to this thread, all progress made on ANY pirate/char or account, will be wiped. Accounts will be saved but progress on your Pirate's will not be.

However, all progress made on Beta and onward WILL be saved.

Closed Alpha > Semi-Open Alpha > Semi-Open Beta? > Open Beta > Full Release

Just another quick note, we've identified a few needed upgrades to the inventory(/etc?) storage in the database as well. This will require us to reset player information on the completion of the alpha phase, since the old database content won't be compatible with the new database format after the changes. Sorry about that folks! :sorry:

Last edited:
In response to this thread, all progress made on ANY pirate/char or account, will be wiped. Accounts will be saved but progress on your Pirate's will not be.

However, all progress made on Beta and onward WILL be saved.

Closed Alpha > Semi-Open Alpha > Semi-Open Beta? > Open Beta > Full Release
Oh so if I get to level 28, when the game releases I'll be level 28 still?

Just for the record here, in any game (talking about proper MMOs here), stats are never, and progress is never saved during alpha and beta tests. don't see why this should be any different :p besides as said, alphas and betas only last 2-3 days or so, not much progress can be done till then really.

Just for the record here, in any game (talking about proper MMOs here), stats are never, and progress is never saved during alpha and beta tests. don't see why this should be any different :p besides as said, alphas and betas only last 2-3 days or so, not much progress can be done till then really.
Not all games wipe beta data. IIRC, I've been in one or two that didn't wipe from beta to full release.

Back